[Outdated] Episode 13 – Anything Can happen
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cosmic Champion

Chapter 2: Guardian of The Forest

Episode 13 – Anything Can Happen

Announcement

Update [20th April 2024]

- Put the old chapter into Spoiler to prepare for the rework.


Spoiler

“Gosh! It was so fast!”

Zeke had to let go of the rapier embedding on the wolf paw as its body was collapsing to the ground.

Both D’Atch and Zeke were panting from the critical moment just now. The wolf laid on the ground unmovable as its limbs twitched slightly.

“Hey! What are you doing?!”

After they both rested for a few minutes, Zeke saw D’Atch walking closer to the wolf.

“…Sh*t!”

When Zeke realized that D’Atch was approaching to the rapier he immediately ran to stop him.

Whoosh!

“Gahhhh!”

As Zeke was getting closer to the murderer, he threw his shield to cover Zeke’s vision then immediately stabbed Zeke on his foot.

“Thanks for help defeating this wolf.”

Zeke slowly fell down to the ground as the venom spreading throughout his body making him become paralyzed like the tri-horn wolf.

He couldn’t move any part of his body at all. His tongue was very stiff, he could only let out inaudible sounds.

“Supreme one..... embrace this soul.”

The man said in low voice but Zeke could still hear it. He raised the weapon and plunged it down at the wolf’s eye.

“I knew it! This f*cker is the enemy after all!”

Upon hearing that, Zeke cursed the alien in his mind while intensely staring at him.

[The tri-horn wolf is deceased.]

The device on D’Atch’s wrist reported making Zeke changed his attention to it.

“That device is the same as mine! …… he must have killed one of us and snatched it!”

“Now….What should I do with you?”

After wiping something from his face off and pulling the rapier out, the man came closer to paralyzed Zeke and pointed the weapon at him.

“Sly dog!”

Despair consumed Zeke as his eyes widened in panic.

“Zeke!”

A shout came from behind Zeke, it was Carl’s.

“Huh! tough luck, eh? Then….”

“Bye Bitch!”

D’Atch threw the rapier at approaching Carl indifferently then grabbed his shield and ran away.

“Dammit!”

“What happened, Zeke?!”

“ooooo…a…ahhh..”

When Carl reached Zeke, he noticed that the boy couldn’t speak at all. He only let out an inaudible sound.

“Ughhhhh! My hand!”

As D’Atch was running away, the pain in his hand worsened.

“I need to fix this…”

After escaping for a good distance, D’Atch sat down at a tree on short-grassy ground. He tried pressing lightly on his right back hand and the pain shot in.

Too many things had happened recently, he could not relax his mind at all.

“Do you know any herbs around here that I could use?”

After resting for a while, D’Atch thought that maybe the helpful device could provide him something.

[There are abundantly various plants that could be used to craft healing items on this forest.]

[But you do not have knowledge about them, mixing random plants might result a poison instead.]

[Herbs Expert skill could be acquired this way.]

“Oh Right! You have been saying things about skills for a while now, any person could do a parry right? why would you need to report that like it was something so special?”

[Do you know what are skills?]

The device went silent for brief moment before asking curiously.

“What do you mean? Skills are something that you can do right? like, running, swimming, or talking?”

[That’s correct. But. There are special skills that not anyone can do.]

[For example, the guy you just ran away from, he had a skill called “Lightning Sting” which let him harness small power of lightnings.]

“Wait, I thought humans could do that normally?”

[They can’t. That’s why humans believe the “Skills” they got here are special things.]

“Wait. Wait. If those humans can get that ‘special skills’, why can I do that too? and right now after all this time? I’m....I’m so confused…”

[Don’t think too hard. Anything can happen, or just think of it as a fantasy rpg game then.]

“A fantasy game?”

[Yes. A kind of game that you could do various supernatural things!]

“…Oh I get it now. We used to have that many years ago, but they weren’t popular because people thought they were too daydreaming.”

[Have you never played a game before?]

“Nah. My life was too busy. Plus my parents wouldn’t allow me to have funs…..”

A sorrow showed in his eyes.

[Well, then! I’ll make your life better! Let me explain how rpg games work!]

The device spoke enthusiastically making D’Atch doubted that he wasn’t talking to a machine but rather than a person for a second.

“Nah. Just tell me what should I do and shouldn’t. My hand is dying, remember?”

The man spoke indifferently.

[Oh?]

[You could get new skills by learning or some certain conditions.]

[The conditions might appear in random circumstances. That’s why it’s important to have me as a reporter.]

The device said proudly.

“Sounds like a headache. Aren’t those just random shits?”

[Maybe.]

[But like I said. Don’t think too hard about these.]

“….”

D’Atch was speechless and confused for a few minutes.

[“Anything can happen”]

“Anything can happen, huh?”

“…Whatever!”

After thinking for a while, he finally let out a long sigh and the gloom on his face was torn away.

[You are starting to believe now. Something grandeur starts resonating deep within your soul!]

“Is that easy?”

[It is that easy.]

D’Atch slightly felt that it was unbelievable then he stood up and started plucking some plants around.

“How am I gonna craft healing items thought? I don’t have any tools to do…”

[Just place them here. I’ll do it for you.]

“Wait. Really? Human’s tools are really too far ahead of us…”

The device shined a small cone shape blue light forward then D’Atch put random leaves and grasses in there.

[You’ve got an unknown salve.]

“Unknown Salve?”

The floating leaves and grasses slowly disappear in the blue light then a small container appeared.

[Since you don’t have knowledge about the plants, the product has unknown effects.]

“I should have asked Rose about this before I left….”

“I don’t wanna go back though….”

“I’ll test it on my foot first, then…”

D’Atch opened the container and picked up small cream then rubbed it on his foot.

….

“I feel nothing…...hmm...maybe…”

After waiting for a few minutes, his foot did not have any reaction to the unknown cream, so he planned to try using it on his broken hand.

“It’s not better at all!”

Few minutes passed again. His hand still hurt. It seemed that the salve had no effect at all.

[Looks like you have a long way to go.]

“I should have asked her….”

D’Atch wailed as he continued picking other random plants to craft healing items.

After trying again and again, a few aromatic potions threw away, and a few slightly burning salves, D’Atch finally got a good healing balm for his hand.

“Wait… I think my bones are broken..I need to make a splint…”

[Seriously? You’ve just realized now?]

“Shut up.”

“I’ve got some strong sticks and twigs here. Please make a splint for me.”

After collecting fallen dry sticks and twigs on the ground, he asked the device to make a splint for him.

“Amazing….human’s device could create things like this?”

While watching the device slowly generated a splint, D’Atch was in awe.

“Wait! Talking about items. When I was fighting the wolf, you said something like boss weapon as a reward. Where is it?”

While trying to attach a splint to his hand, D’Atch recalled the special event.

[oops. You have defeated the tri-horn wolf!]

[But since you didn’t defeat it by your own and your own weapon. The reward will be random!]

“What the heck?!”

[Let’s roll ~]

[Congratulations! You got a hammer type weapon as a reward!]

[You received “Fang Hammer”!]

Thump!

A large hammer fell on the ground out of nowhere nearby D’Atch.

“Anything can happen…”

As confused as he was, D’Atch tried to calm himself as he murmured.


Sorry for the waiting! I was having a trouble how to drag D'Atch into the game!
I keep a hammer as the reward because I don't want to cheat :p (If you don't know, there was a chapter that D'Atch got his weapon rolled before, but I deleted it because the chapter was whack)
I have actually been wanted to have something random in a novel. Most novels have almost everything gone too well. I'm using random method to see how challenging it would be. Thank you for reading!

 

[collapse]
0