[Outdated] Episode 21 – Lightning vs. Earth
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cosmic Champion

Chapter 3: The Derelict Lightning

Episode 21 – Lightning vs. Earth

Announcement

Update [20th April 2024]

- Put the old chapter into Spoiler to prepare for the rework.


Spoiler

[Special Event Appear!]

[The Early Speed Gets The Prize!]

[Condition: Defeat the swift earth, Lemon!]

[Condition: Defeat the challenger, Zeke!]

[Rewards: Choose between,

  - Job Change!

  - New Rare grade weapon!

  - Dagger of the Earth Manipulator!]

[Rewards: The recognition you deserve. Promotion to captain’s left hand!]

[Duration: 15 minutes!]

The devices on both of their wrists rang up.

“Job change?! Right here?!”, Zeke’s eyes widened from the surprise.

“Promotion to captain’s left hand?!”, Lemon frowned but his face was full of smile.

“If the rewards are this good that means this guy is not easy for sure!”, Zeke put on his guard.

“Before I kill you and the timer will set at 14.50, what this device just reported was real?”, Lemon bragged proudly.

“So you really are a nobody guy, huh? I wonder why Lee sent you in the first plac-”

Puff!

Before Zeke could finish his taunt, Lemon swiftly rushed and punched Zeke’s stomach making him coughed out.

“So….so fast!”, the young man was coughing more and more as he groveling on the ground. It seemed Lemon aimed at his liver making the sharp pain spread throughout Zeke’s body paralyzing him just like a boxer getting punched in the liver and collapse down.

How could a normal person win against a well-trained soldier?

“The Early one. Is mine!”, Lemon quickly thrusted his knife down to the back of Zeke’s neck without delay.

Shnk!

“Arghhhhhhh!”

Right before the knife was about to hit his neck, Zeke mustered his strength and stabbed the knife on Lemon’s foot making him dropped down the knife just in time from the severe pain.

“DAMN BRAT!”, Lemon kicked Zeke in the face sending him back away a little.

“ahhhhh….Ah.ha….ah..”, Lemon tried to pull the stuck knife out of his foot.

When his foot was free from the knife, he tore his trousers and used it as a bandage for his wound.

“I’ll kill you!!”, when Lemon lifted his head up again, Zeke had disappeared. He was completely mad and slightly in panic because he let Zeke escape.

The lean soldier stood up and walked toward to where he kicked Zeke.

“That little sh*t won’t go far! He has no weapon nor strength to resist!”

“There you are!”

After following the trail he expected Zeke would go for a few seconds, Lemon finally found Zeke crawling on the ground reluctantly.

“I give you a point for still managing to gather strength and stabbed my foot”

“Normally, when humans get damaged in the liver, the whole body will collapse down no matter how strong you are.”, Lemon slowly approached the crawling Zeke.

“But I guess you must have a really strong will, huh?”

“Any last word? Mr.Death?”

This time, Lemon will not let anything passed his guard again. He conjured a long sharp stone spear from the ground and aimed it at Zeke.

“I don’t. But the device probably has one.”

[You have trespassed into the Honey Flower Field!]

When Zeke’s device reported, Lemon paused for a moment.

“You guys should have done some research about this planet first!”, Zeke spoke gravely making Lemon frowned cautiously.

Cluck Cluck Cluck Cluck!

Lemon raised his hand up and the ground where Zeke was lying changed its form. They enveloped his four limbs entirely immobilizing him down to the ground.

Lemon locked Zeke up on the ground to prevent him from escaping then he looked around cautiously.

Silence fell for almost 10 minutes as Lemon kept looking around and checking the area around.

“Oi! What’s the meaning of that? There’s nothing happens! Is your device malfunctioning?”

After finding nothing suspicious, Lemon came back to Zeke and asked him curiously.

“It’s working perfectly fine. That was just a report, you’re dumb sh*t!”, Zeke provoked him once again.

“….taunting again? Well, whatever!”

“There might be traps, but killing you first wouldn’t be a problem, right?”, Lemon conjured a stone spear and prepared to throw it at Zeke again.

Whoosh!

“Taunting? I literally mean it!”

Joz!

When Lemon launched the spear toward Zeke, electric sparks emerged from his left wrist blowing away what was enveloping his hand away.

Thwack!

“What?!”

Zeke deflected the stone spear with a wooden sword on his left hand.

“This device is really a god’s gift! Good thing I picked those sticks up!”

Lightning Sting!”

The young swordman then plunged his sword to the ground and all the dirt that was immobilizing him was blown away.

When Zeke was crawling away earlier, he found a bunch of fallen sticks. The device asked him “Would you like to craft a weapon from those sticks.” And he was never happier before.

He was hiding the sticks in his clothes until Lemon found him. At first, he planned that he’d wait for the right moment to stab Lemon again when he got closer but it turned out the man was very cautious, so when Lemon immobilized him, he commanded the device to craft a wooden sword at that moment.

When the device successfully crafted the weapon, that weapon would appear in front of the device right at Zeke’s hand.

“Where did you hide that sword?! The system showed that you don’t have any other weapon in your inventory!”

“Crafting, son! They’re being created in respond to my command!”

“Sh*t! I totally forgot! The director said this brat suddenly got a weapon from nowhere. The device can not do that!”, Lemon was surprised and speechless.

Thwack!

Zeke rushed in and swung his sword at Lemon swiftly. The lean soldier easily blocked it with his knife.

“Do you really think a wooden sword could withstand a metal?”, while blocking the attack, Lemon noticed the wooden sword was chipped from deflecting the sharp stone spear earlier. His confidence came back and his mind calmed down again.

This wooden sword would be easily destroyed by him. This brat stood no chance.

“I don’t know? Can you withstand this?”

Zeke threw a fistful of dirt from his right hand at his eyes.

“Tch!”

Within a panic moment, Lemon responded perfectly by using his earth manipulation ability to freeze the dirt that was about to hit his eyes in time.

Plok!

When Lemon lost his guard, Zeke immediately thrusted his sword into his body, but the sword immediately broke in half. He felt that he’d just stabbed something hard.

“Did you forget? You aren’t the only thing I was dragging all the way here?”

“Sh*t!”

Lemon was shielding his body with hard clay all the time.

When Zeke saw his sword broke in half and his body leaned forward due to the momentum, he tried to respond by backing away but Lemon had already swung his knife toward Zeke’s neck.

The knife grazed Zeke’s shoulder creating a long wound to his elbow because he dodged to the side instead.

Cluck! Cluck!

“No more tricks left, huh?”

“This time, I will stab it slowly into your heart.”

Because Zeke chose to dodge to the side, he fell to the ground from losing balance. Lemon immediately used his power to immobilize Zeke again then he pressed his knife on Zeke’s chest and spoke mercilessly.

BzzZZZZzzzZ! BzzZZZZzzzZ! BzzZZZZzzzZ!

BzzZZZZzzzZ! BzzZZZZzzzZ!

“Any last word?”, Zeke asked Lemon back. His eyes were filled with malicious making the soldier shuddered in surprise for a second.

“Stop with your tricks!”, Lemon ignored the approaching sound and raised his knife up.

Fwoosh!

A soldier wasp swiftly grazed Lemon’s arm with its sting.

“Huh? What was that?!”, Lemon spoke in fear as his body shook from an unknown creature’s attack.

Bzzz! BzzZZzZ!

“What the f*ck!”, when he turned around to see what attacked him, he saw 10 giant black wasps and countless of giant worker wasps.

“You’re gonna need a stone to fend them off. A very big big strong stone.”, Zeke suggested him slowly.

“Shut the f*ck up! I’m gonna kill them with that anyway!”, Lemon shouted as he called upon the stones and pebbles in the ground to form a large rolling stone.

“Arg! ….. uh…a….uhh…uu..”

In that moment, when he was about to complete the large rolling stone, his body became more stiffened and his tongue was heavy to lift. Eventually, he collapsed down to the ground.

“Oh. I forgot to tell you one thing.”

The power of Lemon slowly disappeared. The ground that was immobilizing him slowly turned into normal dirt.

“Those wasps have paralyzing venom.”

When Zeke could move his limbs again. He stood up with the broken sword in his hand and came closer to Lemon and spoke maliciously with blank eyes.

“U…..a…..ah….!!!!”, Lemon tried to say something but it was all inaudible.

“You know. If you guys really did come to save us, I would have helped you.”

“But too bad. There’s only one stick?”

After finishing his sentence, Zeke ignited the broken wooden stick with his lightning creating fire and smoke.

“Now you can become a sh*t on the ground like you always do! Good luck!”

Zeke then stood up and pointed the burning wood in front to ward off the wasps and eventually get out of the wasp’s area leaving the poor soldier behind.

“Ummmm….!!! Uu….!!! A…h!!”

Lemon tried his entire lungs to scream but it was in vain as he cried out from the fear. The wasps then slowly swarmed him.

 

[You have defeated Lemon the swift earth!]

[You completed The Early Speed Gets The Prize! Event!]

[Please select your reward!]

 

[collapse]
0