[Outdated] Episode 23 – A Sword of Honor
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cosmic Champion

Chapter 3: The Derelict Lightning

Episode 23 – A Sword of Honor

Announcement

Update [20th April 2024]

- Put the old chapter into Spoiler to prepare for the rework.


Spoiler

“God have mercy…..they’re all dried….like their blood got sucked out…”, a female operator inspected the corpses at the tri-horn wolf’s battlefield.

All corpses were dried like zombies. D’Atch thought that this might be normal when humans died, so he wasn’t serious about it.

“Kiwi, Fig, and orange. You three take care of the corpses.”

“Berry and Coco, patrol around to fend off any monsters that might interfere us.”

“I will report to the director and check out on Lemon.”

“Yes, sir!”

The captain of the operators gave out orders which his subordinates answered obediently then he raised his left arm to start a call on Lemon first.

“Man~ why do we have to use fruit names as a secret code? So stupid!”, a smiley man who was carrying a corpse into a sanitized body bag blabbered out of boredom.

“Careful, Orange!”, Kiwi saw Orange forcefully pushed the body inside the bag, so she shouted at him making him shivered slightly.

“W-We n-need to be ca-careful. We m-must not reveal our identity outside of our planet….!”, Fig explained as she carefully lifted the body. Her attitude was somewhat timid.

“You all, STOP! Regroup immediately!”, the voice of captain exploded out from the device on their wrists.

Although one operator was timid, one was joking around, and two of them were pretty far from the captain, when they received an order, they immediately came back to him as swift as possible with a serious face on each of them.

“Lemon must be killed!”

After everyone regrouped, the captain said with a serious face.

“I don’t know if it’s that brat or that alien or others, but since they could take down Lemon, they might be able to take us down too!”

“Captain! I don’t want to question you, but Lemon is the weakest in our group. He might let his guard down and died easily.”, Berry spoke up because she sensed that the captain was a bit overreacted.  

“He might be the weakest, but he’s not a fool. I doubt he might encounter more than one enemy. If that happens, we’ll need to fight together.”

“Get the bags! Mission comes first! We’ll return the bodies then come back for Lemon!”

“Yes, sir!”

The captain stood his ground then ordered the three to get the bags.

“…..”

Berry did not say anything and only kept silence.

……………………

 

[Congratulations! You have got The Sword of The Blue Phoenix.]

“Sword of the blue phoenix? Isn’t this a katana?”

Zeke grabbed the dropping sword and calmly examined it.

[What is katana?]

“What?! Did they forget to put information about the katana in you?”

“A katana is a Japanese-style sword. It is a single-edge sword with slightly curved design.”, Zeke explained as he pulled the sword out of its sheath.

[…..Fascinating…Isn’t host in a hurry?]

“Right! I need to hide somewhere!”

“By the way! I should have asked this long time ago! How many hours in this planet?!”

While running to find a temporary shelter in the forest, the sun had already set and the night wakened.

Zeke had recently realized that the day and the night on this planet were longer than usual.

[According to host’s planet time, this planet has 36 hours. 18 hours during the day and 18 hours during the night, equally.]

“Jesus.”

On the early days he’d just come to this world, some of those days were cloudy, so Zeke hadn’t realized until recently.

“That means the time in this world are slower than my world?!.... When I come back, everyone must be older. Haha!”

[Negative. Time is not real.]

“What are you talking about?!”

“Anyway! I’ve changed my mind! I need to go to the desert area now. Where is the way?”

Zeke thought that if he stayed at the forest area any longer, the more dangerous would come to him, either it’ll be the assassins or the mysterious Carl, so he forgot about the shelter and made his way to the desert tonight.

[1.2 km. to the northwest. I will notice you if any of 6 operators are nearby.]

“You can do that too? Wait, does that mean they can track me down because of you?”, Zeke raised his hand up and stared at the device while running toward the direction.

[I have already turned off our locations. Rest assured.]

After hearing that, Zeke did not want to trust the device. It is Lee’s toy after all. He even thought about throwing it away right there but if he discarded it away, he won’t be able to find Adria as well as gaining more power and weapons, so he kept it for now. Once he found Adria, he’ll throw it away immediately.

….

“By the way, if I happen to encounter with the rest assassins, will the event occur again?”

After travelled for almost half an hour, Zeke slowed his paces down to stay quiet as possible and to save his stamina.

[I cannot confirm.]

“What do you mean?! Then how am I supposed to advance to the new job?”, Zeke was feeling a little rush.

[You are not qualified yet. For now, it is.]

“Is my determination not enough to prove that I’m worthy?”, he stopped and sat down at a tree. Looking around and found that he was covered with bushes, he relaxed a little bit.

[Host should learn about the new weapon as the first priority for now.]

The device did not answer his question which made Zeke suspected a bit more but then he found the device was right, so he called out the weapon screen.

[The Sword of The Blue Phoenix]

[A katana of the Blue Phoenix whom has risen and fallen many times. This sword symbolizes his power, pride, honor, motivation, and even himself. A legend says that this is not a weapon of this world.]

[Katana weapons first exclusive passive, “A Sword of Honor.”]

[A Katana is the fang and claw of a Samurai warrior. Samurai lives by honor and shall not die by disgrace. They are proud warriors who honors their virtue code over their lives.]

[ - Within 3 seconds after unsheathed the katana, the next attack will deal critical damage for sure.]

[Katana weapons second exclusive passive, “A Sword of Mercy.]

[Enemies also possess honors and prides. Never disrespect them.]

[ - The longer the sword is unsheathed the less damage it’ll inflict.]

[Katana weapons third exclusive passive, “A Sword of Perfection.]

[A true warrior will never draw his sword unnecessarily.]

[ - The scabbard is very strong like a stone. One could use it to parry attacks or even deflecting bullets!]

[ Active skill, “Dimension Slash”]

[ - Unsheathe your sword and slash it forward horizontally. The sharp shockwave created by the cut will march forward invisibly until it reaches its target.]

“….Christ…”, Zeke could not believe himself actually reading the whole descriptions.

“It is very conditional! And why do I have a feeling that I might say “Weak!” after killing something with this?!”

The Sword of The Blue Phoenix was almost 1 meter in length. When Zeke tried pulling the sword out, he found that the weapon was pretty difficult to sheathe and to unsheathe.

[Well, this is the weapon of host soul’s desire after all..]

“Whatever! I can have some trainings with this later. Let’s move!”, Zeke stood up, sheathed the sword, and continued to the desert area.

……..

“Yes! They must have returned or go find that dude!”

When Zeke reached the border between the forest and the desert, he was glad that he met no one along the way.

“Where is he?”

Just right as Zeke was about to enter the desert, a woman’s voice came from his right side.

"Dammit, device! Weren't you supposed to warn me?!", Zeke cursed the device in his heart.

“I don’t know. I happened to escape when that alien fought with him. Just let me go! I will forget about you guys’ secret! Please don’t kill me and Adria!”

Zeke saw the woman and recalled her was one of the assassins; After thinking for a bit, he blamed everything on D’Atch.

If the rest knew that one of their comrades had already fallen by him, they’d come for either revenge or to capture him away from Adria again.

“……..What was that alien’s name? Do you know it?”

Berry asked again with a serious tone and face. Her eyes were fixed at him without blinking.

“I-I don’t know….maybe…?….er….Andreas?”

Zeke saw how murderous she was from her eyes, so he was slightly stuttering and the word “Andreas’ from the event’s reward came to his mind.

“….I see………”

“DIE!!!!”

Bang bang bang bangbang!

After hearing the word “Andreas”, Berry immediately realized that Zeke must have killed her love.

She quickly pulled out her dual guns and started firing madly at him.


Sorry for being absent 3 days. Many things happened but I'm back on the track now. Thank you for reading.

Can you guess who is the Blue Phoenix? haha!

 

[collapse]
0