[Outdated] Chapter 2 Finale: Guardian of The Forest
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cosmic Champion

Chapter 2 Finale: Guardian of The Forest

Announcement

Update [20th April 2024]

- Put the old chapter into Spoiler to prepare for the rework.


Spoiler

[These are Ein de Trenaebria’s fruits. The sprouts that sprung from them will possess the same ability as their mother.]

“Well, of course. I’m gonna plant this all around the forest. They’ll act as wards to fend off the Dark Energy.”

“D’Atch, why you not use potion on your hand?”

While walking back to the den after collecting the tree’s fruits, Rubaegia noticed that his hand was tied with sticks and barely moved around, so she guessed that it must’ve been damaged and asked curiously.

“I got that potion before I came here, so I can’t find it nor craft it anymore.”

“By the way, are you ok now? Don’t you think it’s a bit cruel to ask for her help too soon?”

D’Atch asked the slime queen then turned to Rosetta with a slightly displeased face making the nymph smiled nervously.

“I’m veri ok! No need to scold her.”

Rubaegia quickly put her face between the stare.

“B-by the way, D’Atch! You said that the Dark Energy infects the living things and has controls on them, right? Does that mean the tree and the sprouts need to be protected from the infected?”, The nymph changed to the topic

“Yeah…..I totally forgot about that…”, said D’Atch.

[The Ein de Trenaebria might not need to be protected since its power is too concentrated for the infected to be able to reach it.]

“So, only the small one need to be protected, right?”

D’Atch put his fingers on his chin seeming to think about something.

“I could take care one of them.”, the nymph volunteered.

“I too can do!”, the slime queen also wanted to.

“How? You need to take care of the children.”, the nymph asked curiously.

“Change den!”, the slime queen fisted her chest lightly and proudly.

“..No.” D’Atch opposed strongly making the girls looked at him curiously.

“It’s too risky for now. We need to work together.”

“If the infected somehow managed to destroy the sprouts first, that moment you two will get infected and the tide will turn immediately.”

“I think we should nurture the sprout one by one. When one sprout has grown to big tree like that then we move one to the next area and do the same thing again until we could complete ward off the evil from the whole forest.”

D'Atch carefully explained one after another.

“But will we make it in time? Right now we don’t know if any other living things have already got infected, or any invaders have already trespassed through the next area or not.”

Rosetta argued while Rubaegia kept listening silently.

“They might already have. But since it on our watches from now, we don’t want any more victims right? We still have a chance to save those that already got infected.” D’Atch tried to convince with reasons.

“..You’re right…..reckless might lead to failure.” The nymph was finally convinced.

“I think I kno something that might help us work faster!” The slime girl spoke up enthusiastically.

……

“Are you serious?! They’re HUGE!”, D’Atch was slightly afraid.

After leaving the slime kids in the two young tree spirits’ cares, Rosetta nurtured one of the seed into a sprout and they set off to the far area that filled with flowers.

“Yes! I saw them attack everithim that get inside their area!”, the slime girl gave him a thumb up of approval.

“Rube, you stay here. You’ve just recovered. I don’t want you to fight here!”, the nymph said to her friend solemnly.

“What about me?! My hand is broken. My ass is broken, too!”, D’Atch was feeling a double standards making the nymph felt a bit guilty and it showed on her face.

“I can do it, Rose. D’Atch saved me twice, I want him to rest.”, the slime queen said solemnly while looking at the man with a sympathy.

“No! You definitely can’t! The venom from those wasps will flow throughout your body in an instant once you got stung!”, Rosetta refused her offer strongly.

“What? How?!” D’Atch was confused.

“The whole slime body is almost entirely water. It’s like peeing into the river! The pee will absolutely spread to the whole river. That’s why I have no choice but to have D’Atch done it!”, the nymph explained while feeling sorry toward the man.

“Fine, fine! I can do it! But please do something about my ass! I can’t run like this!”

“I use my body to fix you for now.”, the slime girl said and slapped D’Atch’s butt making small mucus from her body seeping into his tail bone from his back.

“Shit! I thought you’re gonna YEE HEE me.”, D’Atch got a goosebump for a second.

“Yee Hee?”, the slime girl tilted her hand confusedly.

“We have no time to waste! Let’s go!”, the nymph interrupted.

“Make no mistake, Rose!” D’Atch carefully prowled toward the flower field.

BzzzzzZz!

When D’Atch reached the field, he plucked one of the flowers and stood up.

The wasps sensed his presence and immediately rushed toward him aggressively.

“Device! Lead me to the nearest water source!”

[200 meters ahead. There’s a pond there.]

“Ahead? I have to run pass them?!”

“Gahhh!”

D’Atch had no choice and time for a second thought, he quickly ran away from the wasps into the woods.

Some of the wasps managed to get inside the forest making the situation still deadly to him.

“I don’t think I can turn back! Are there any water source ahead?!” The man asked the device once again.

[Unfortunately, no. You have to keep running, sad. Should have asked me before baiting yourself though.]

“Yaaaaaa!! You’re right but this is not the time!” D’Atch agreed as he panting.

“Nice work, D’Atch! Now I just need to plant it here…” After noticing that most of the worker wasps had chased after D’Atch, Rosetta then carefully prowled to the flower field and started digging a small hole.

BzZZZzzzZZz!

A soldier wasp flew by making the nymph quickly covered her body with leaves and sticks on the ground.

“Good thing it didn’t notice.”, she sighed and went back to digging deeper hole.

“Done! I hope you grow well!”

Finally, after digging for a few seconds, Rosetta planted the sprout and pour some water from a small vine bucket then quickly retreated.

“We need to rescue D’Atch quickly……Rube?”

When the nymph came back, she couldn’t see her friend anywhere.

……

“I’m so so sorry again!”, the nymph said.

“If Rubaegia didn’t follow, I would have died for sure!” D’Atch was very displeased while immobilized on the ground staring at the nymph.

“I sucked water lot in case those insects chase me.”

Rubaegia did draw a lot of water inside her body. She rescued D’Atch with them by making a deep hole and poured a lot of water in it, just in time before he completely lost all his strengths.

“And I thought you were a bit bigger.” D’Atch was immobilized from both exhaustion and expired temporary-anesthetic slime.

“Let’s rest ourselves first then! With large tree and the sprout at the wasp’s area, those evil won’t invade this area for a while.”, the nymph said apologetically.

Rosetta said that there are many forest areas. She claimed that she used to travel along the border of the forest in search for a sea, but when she stepped into a new forest area, she immediately knew the differences by the soil.

She then traveled further and further until she ended up back to her original tree again.

She claimed that along the way, she could see the border to the desert area, but she never found the sea she was searching for.

When D’Atch heard that the first time, he was thunderstruck. The nymph had just traveled around the planet, and it seemed the next area needed to go further in “The Center” not the area nearby.

D’Atch started to understand why the slime queen called it “The Center”.

His journey to The Center seemed to get much more delay, as he needed to plant the sprouts throughout those forest areas after all.

…………………………………………………………

[Zeke! The black fog has thinned out! The rescue team is coming to you. Prepare to be transported out from there!]

The device on Zeke’s wrist rang out making him smiled happily.

“Are they gonna be okay, Mr.Damien? I’m afraid there might be threats awaiting them. Especially that purple alien!” Zeke said with concerns and anger toward D’Atch.

[Don’t worry! Only persons with potentials to possess special powers could pass the gate, remember? I have sent 7 special operators to rescue you guys out along with those corpses. Remember, do not go anywhere!], Lee Damien warned the trio once again.

“Yes, sir! I will ready my stuffs-”

Zeke said obediently. He then turned back to start packing stuffs only to find that Adria and Carl disappeared.

“Carl? Adria?”

[What happened, Zeke?]

Zeke went out of the tent to find them while Lee kept asking in the background.

“ZEKE!!!!!! Helppppppp!” Adria shouted loudly from inside the woods nearby.

“Adria!!!”

[Wait! Don’t move!]

Zeke immediately followed inside the woods.

“..Carl?”

When he caught up with her, he saw a man figure was pulling Adria’s hair dragging her forcefully in dim light.

“It can’t be Mr. Carl, right?! We’re friends! Please don’t be him! Please don’t be him!”

While trying to catch up with them, Zeke prayed that the culprit was not Carl.

“Zeke!! No!!!!”

The man sped up making Zeke fell behind.

“So fast! How?!”, he thought as trying to catch up again.

After following for around 10 minutes, Zeke caught up with them again.

“Sorry, Zeke. I can’t have her go back right now.”, Carl stopped at the border to the next area and spoke.

“Wh-why?! Mr. Carl… Aren’t we friends?!”, Zeke was heartbroken.

“Yes, we are friends. But you and her aren’t, right?”, Carl turned around. His face was filled with disdain.

“…Are you-”

“Yes! She was supposed to be mine! Then you stuck your stupid face in, and everything gots worse!”

Carl didn’t let Zeke finished his question and said with eyes filled with anger.

A black haze slowly flowed out from his nose and mouth then from his skin covering his body like a mist.

Zeke was too stunned to even open his mouth.

“My master demands her. Once I’m done with her, I’ll comeback and skin you myself!”

Finishing his words, a black thick fog enveloped they both like a tornado consuming its victim then dispersed into the air along with the man and the girl.

“Damn you, TRAITOR!”, Zeke was engulfed in rage.


The chapter 2 has finally come to an end. I'd like to apologize for the delay first, I've just finished moving and got an internet.

Now, you won't see our lovely purple alien for awhile (Does anyone like him though? just a bit, maybe?)

The next chapter will solely dedicate to our lovely sword-lover Zeke!
Also I've changed the sypnosis of the story, I think you need to check it out because I've made it more understandable for the story.

I've expected that the story will end at chapter 5. It might be too short but don't worry! this is just a beginning to a bigger legend! I hope you looking forward to my universe!

The next episode will be a special one. I'm gonna explain characters, skills, and everything that has happened so far along with characters' personal information and many more!

Lastly, I'd like to say that I'm very proud of myself that even though the readers/viewers number are abyssmal or maybe none, but I still have motivation to make this story complete!

Thank you so much for reading and following! See you next special episode tomorrow!

 

[collapse]
0