[Outdated] Episode 24 – A Sword in a Gun Fight [Happy New Year!]
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cosmic Champion

Chapter 3: The Derelict Lightning

Episode 24 – A Sword in a Gun Fight

Announcement

Update [20th April 2024]

- Put the old chapter into Spoiler to prepare for the rework.


Spoiler

“Andreas…Are you scared?”

A woman asked worriedly.

“Yeah….a mission on a foreign planet…”

“..What if….something happens…and we can’t return home?”

A man replied. He was a timid person. The order he was given made him feel pessimistic.

A mission on a faraway land, a planet which distant from our Earth.

With humanity’s current technology, there’s no hope for them to travel into this land.

“Don’t say that! We two have always survived together, remember? I’m sure this is just an another easy peasy mission!”

The woman tried to cheer him up.

“Yeah….Thanks, El…you always give me courage.”

“After we came back….let’s quit. Wash our hands…have some nice little house....little kids…”

The man kissed her cheek then held her hands while resting his forehead against hers.

“huhu….We’re gonna need good excuses for boss.”

She giggled then kissed him with eyes full of love.

-------------------------------------

DIE!!!

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

Berry fired at Zeke madly as she shouted with tears running down from her eye.

“Shit!”

pop! pop! pop!

Poof!

“Arghhhh..!”

Instinctively, Zeke succeeded in deflecting 3 bullets with the sheathed katana, but unfortunately, one made it to his thigh causing him let out a cry of pain.

He felt the wound burning on his right thigh. Although the pain from both leg and his arm from earlier fight were great, he tried his best to remain calm.

“Did I say something wrong?! Fuck! I need to find a way out of here….”

He slowly looked around to find an escape route and to not make the assassin suspect his plan.

“It’s burning! ..... fire bullets?!”

The pain from the wound made Zeke looked down. He guessed that she must have done something with her bullets.

Normally a fired bullet contains a certain amount of heat so the pain would feel like burning but only temporary.

However, his wound was continuously giving off the burning sensation, besides, Zeke did not feel any lump in his wound, so he assumed that the bullet was not normal.

“Lucky for you….the sun is setting…I FUCKING WANT TO BURN YOU SO BAD!”

Berry snarled wrathfully as she prepared to rain another meteor waves at him.

When she first heard that Lemon must had been killed by her boss, she couldn’t believe it.

She wanted to make that sure for herself, but deep down somewhere in her heart, she already admitted that he was gone.

With both feeling fighting each other, Berry was numb. The only thing she could think of was to find the culprit.

The dual guns she was wielding, one held an orange color and one held a silver. Currently, the silver one was shining brilliantly.

Berry KloAn, Codename: Berry, or true name, Eleni was a special power wielder just like Codename: Lemon or Andreas.

She could turn lights from a star into a bullet shape and fire it at will. Her dual guns were specially crafted to aid her power.

What Zeke did not notice in time was the bullets that fired from the orange one were smaller and duller.

“Wait! I’m sorry for lying earlier!”

Zeke quickly dropped his sword and put his hand to the air. He begged her with a serious face.

“You killed him…..”

Berry lamented as tears slowly flowed down while gathering the last light of the day for a final judgement.

“He might still be alive!”

Zeke quickly shouted making her a bit confused. The energy gathered at the silver gun flickered for a moment.

Doubt and hope were conflicting on her face, yet she remained silence.

“I managed to escape because those wasps. He was stung and paralyzed. He might still be alive if you go rescue him now!”

Seeing Berry motionless, Zeke took this chance for his life. Even though he had the new weapon, he was only a human with recently awakened special power, he wouldn't be able to survive even a single bullet. Not to mention a special powered one.

“And how am I supposed to believe that? Whether he’s still alive or not, you’re still going to die.”

Berry still pointed her guns at Zeke and tried to be calm, but in her eyes, there was an uncertainty.

Her mind was conflicted.

“Is it true?! If I go now I might be able to save Andreas…..”

“But if it’s not then I’d just waste time and the mission is going to be more difficult…”

Love and duty. Berry had been forced to choose one of them.

“Please listen what I’m about to say.”

“I know how you feel. I too, have my sweet heart.”

Zeke tried to persuade making Berry briefly showed a disgust on her face.

“You should know it. Adria, the girl in my team just got kidnapped by the other team member. I too, would do anything to save her.”

Zeke’s words made Berry shook her head lightly as she tried to hold her tears.

“If you don’t believe me….If he’s not there, or…worse yet, if he’s….already…..dead…then you already had one of my leg…”

Zeke slowly spoke and Berry eyed the wound on his thigh for a moment.

“Fine…. Whatever I’ll find….I’m definitely gonna comeback and have you paid!”

After thinking for a moment, Berry finally put her guns away.

“Thank you…He should be in an area called ‘Honey Flower field’.”

Zeke let out a small sigh of relief.

After getting the exact location, Berry quickly ran to her destination.

“Well shit. Device, can you make something to heal these wounds?”

Zeke knew exactly in his heart that the Swift Earth would have probably been dead by now.

He wasn’t a completely cruel man, but if there anything that could save him, he’d do it. Even if it’s a false hope and making a woman sees their own love’s cold body.

Zeke did not wish her to witness something that cruel, but if he didn’t do it, he’d absolutely die, and no one would save Adria.

Telling the assassin the correct location and let her sees what happened was better than lying with a random location making her angrier and ended his own life.

Zeke was so naïve that he believed if she saw how her love died, she would blame it on the wasps instead of him.


Hello. I have returned!
First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay. At first I wanted to continue in the early of December, but many things happened and I got no free time at all.

Secondly, I'm sorry that if you read this and think I forgot some details. Truth is, I really do LOL. But I would like to start again and be better for this new year.
Lastly, I might not be able to upload new chapter daily like before. The debt is still needed to be paid which I think it's gonna end in Feb or March. Then I can comeback and continue the story.

Thank you for waiting and reading! New chapter in New Year. Happy New Year Everyone!.

 

[collapse]

0