Chapter 2
671 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I open my eyes, I'm inside a cozy little room. I sit on what looks like a bed and shake my head. Then, I walk toward the mirror, not too far away from the bed, and look at my reflection. My previous black hair is gone, replaced by white as snow hair. My brown eyes are also gone and replaced by silver eyes.

I know who he is. He is me, and I'm him. It looks like Luk seamlessly combines both of our memories. It is as if I lived two lifetimes at the same time.

In this life, my name is William Argento. I'm a hunter that just graduated from a smaller and cheaper academy in Vale called Fartos Academy for the Gifted. It was not as good as Beacon Academy, but it was cheaper and had good equipment for its students.

That is why I go to this academy.

Other than a memory of this body's life, I also get knowledge of another world. Knowledge of how to use summoning magic from the other world. I take out my company phone and open my inventory.

I take out my boon from Luk and look at it. Summoners in Final Fantasy need Grimoire to cast their spell, and after asking Luk about starting weapons for my new job as a summoner, I decide to take this from her collection.

The company or Luk will not provide a starting weapon that is not listed in the CYOA. Because of this, I choose this book as my first boon.

The book in my hand has a light purple color and a small blue orb in the middle of the book. There are many symbols on the book's cover and read the description.

|Hecate's Wisdom|

|Summoner's Grimoire contains all Summoner's spells. It is to be said that this Grimoire is one of the strongest Grimoires in the entire Galaxy. It was not because of how it contained a world destruction level spell but rather how it supported its caster immensely.|

{Ability: Instantly cast any spell using this Grimoire, Cut any mana consumption cost by 90%, triple the power of any summon, and double up spell power}

{Known spell: All Summoner Spell (FFXIV)}

{Slot: Infinite}

There are more powerful Grimoires in the gallery, but I choose this because of the ability. The other Grimoire did not have that ability and only contained spells that I could use. I can fill the books with more spells as they have infinite slots of spells.

I open the Grimoire, and with a mental command, it opens up to the right page to summon Carbuncle.

I can see a magic circle appear above me and create a ball of light. A second later, a fluffy-looking fox appeared in front of me.

"Kyuuui~"

I catch the cute-looking creature and pat its head a little.

"Woah!"

"Kyuu! Kyuui!"

"Slow down there, buddy."

"Kyuuu~"

I let the Carbuncle stay on my shoulder and said,

"Hmmm, you need a name."

"Kyuuu?!"

"Yup. Now let's see, are you a male or female?"

"Kyu! Kyuui~."

"Ah, female."

"Hmmm…Filia, your name will be Filia."

"Kyuu~ Kyui!"

I smile at her and let her stay on my shoulder. Then, I look at my phone and see that there is a portal option and click it. A second later, a silhouette of a portal appears in front of me, but I cannot click activate. I walk toward the wall and see the activation button is now on.

I open the portal and walk through it. When I walk through the portal, I can see a two-story tall house sitting in the middle of a good chunk of land surrounded by a void. In addition, I can see blue shields around the area, shielding us from the void.

It was not a good idea to mess up with the shield. At least before I get something to make myself immune against the void.

Filia lands on the ground and starts to rub her body on the ground while purring. So cute. I let her play with all the flowers and the grass and get inside the house.

The house has a cozy feeling. The living room is filled with many kinds of items, from the couch to the fireplace. I can see the kitchen from the living room and a bathroom next to the kitchen. As I get to the second floor, I can see two rooms. I open each one of them; they are bedrooms. It is a rather plain bedroom with few decorations, but it looks cozy nonetheless.

I walk downstairs and go to the basement, where I can see a massive vault door. When I touched the door, it quickly opened up, and I could see it was empty. From the description on my phone, this is where all my inventory will be going.

It can store a living being, but if the living being unwilling to go into my inventory, the time in this place will continue to move like normal. Usually, this inventory will freeze the time to ensure anything I store inside will stay fresh.

That is good. I can store food for an indefinite amount of time. Well, the time will continue every time I take out an item from the vault, but it only takes a second. So it shouldn't affect the item inside.

After checking all the rooms, I walk out of the house and let Filia on my shoulder before walking through the portal. What should I do now? I think I should check the mission on the phone.

I look at my phone and click the company Mission & Bounty section. There is only one mission at the moment; the one Luk gave to me. The bounty on the hand is filled to the brim. It looks like the company wants to buy a certain amount of Grimm.

Sadly, the company only wants them in bulk. Six Beowolves are equal to ten points if I capture and sell them to the company. That means I need to brand them and wait for three days before the stamp starts to work, and I can sell them.

Can I leave them in the wild while waiting for the process to finish? I need to test them. The description on my phone did not say anything about it.

I shake my head and open the mission tab. Unfortunately, there is only one active mission at the moment.

|Form civilization away from the city of Vale|

|A group of people wants to create a small town on the edge of the Sanus continent. Protect them until they finish building the settlement.|

{Reward: 250 points}

|Additional Mission| |Optional|

|Protect them for three years and teach them how to fight.|

{Reward: 320 points|

The mission is rather simple. I can finish this mission in a few months or half a year. The bonus mission, on the other hand, is rather difficult. I need to stay for three years, and I have a feeling there will be a constant fight.

I release a sigh and decide to see another mission I can take. After reading all of them, I realized that I could only do a few of them. Most of them have a condition I cannot do currently and indefinitely.

One of them requires me to possess someone's body called Ozma, and the other needs to have an animal part on my body, like eyes or tails. So the only thing I can take is some mission to prevent the fall of Beacon or something.

Will Beacon academy fall? When? Dammit! I should take Internet Perks to access the internet from the Earth. Should I take it? I will clear the optional mission while also waiting for something big to happen in Vale.

Yeah, let's do that.

"Kyuuui?"

"Nothing, Filia."

"Kyuuu! Kyu!"

"Hmmm, you are right. Walking around the city should be good, and maybe visit the guild to take some huntsman missions."

"Kyuui~"

8