Chapter 7
320 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

While the hunter and huntress on the wall prepare for the fight of their life, one of the civilians decides it is time to stream this event to the world. This young man is a rather famous streamer with a decent number of followers.

When he starts his stream, he already has a thousand viewers waiting for him, and by the time he announces that he will be streaming the fight between Hunter and the Grimm Stampede, the view will rise to ten thousand viewers and keep increasing.

Even the official news reporters are already turning on their broadcasting equipment.

The people on the wall look at the distance nervously and try to keep their negative emotions in check, so they do not attract more Grimm from the other direction. But lucky for them, most of the civilians have already evacuated and the only ones left are those who decide to stay and those forced to stay because the Bulls Head is full.

"They are here!"

One of the hunters shouted when the first wave of Grimm appeared from the dense forest in front of them. The oldest and the highest ranking Hunter that stays in this city points his finger and says.

"Cannon! Ice Dust! Fire in three! Two! One!"

Seven cannons fire Ice Dust at the Grimm wave in the distance and freeze many of the Grimm on the spot. Not only that, but it also slows down the movement of the other Grimm. However, it did not stop the other.

"Prepare to fight!"

The commander shouts and takes out his weapon when he sees a large number of flying Grimm almost arrive on the wall. However, before the others could do anything, William took action.

With his summoner book in hand, he starts casting.

The people can only see in awe as William summons a lot of magic circles that release many kinds of spells at once.

"Aethercharge! Ruinra (Ruin II)! Fester! Outburst!"

Spell after spell flies toward its target and creates many explosions at once. In a matter of a minute, William easily managed to kill fifty of the Grimm.

The people behind him look at him in awe at his display of power. They never thought a single human could manage to kill that many Grimm at once.

After getting out of his shock, the commander decided to snap the other as well.

"What are you guys doing?! Fire! Don't let them get close!"

The hunter snaps from their shock and starts attacking the incoming Grimm. But unfortunately, the first intel is wrong, there are more than three hundred of them, and they are increasing.

Even with his overwhelming opening, William notices that he cannot keep attacking without care as the others get overwhelmed, and if they cannot protect his back, the firepower will decrease by a lot.

After clicking his tongue, William called Filia back and let her go around the wall.

"Radiant Aegis! Radiant Aegis! Physick! Physick! Physick!"

William changes his focus to healing his fellow hunters and supporting them from behind. With Filia as his catalyst, he can heal the people far away from him. However, as he is busy healing the people who get injured, the Grimm that he keeps at bay starts to move.

"Urgh. Dammit!"

William fires his gun at the Grimm, who manages to get close to him and ram his body with its beak. He then uses his spell to finish the Grimm.

"Fester!"

A bolt of lightning appeared from his body and hit the Grimm. After a few seconds, the Grimm disappears. William looks to the sky and sees an enormous Nevermore Grimm. It flaps its wings and a hundred hardened-feather fly toward him.

He quickly cast spells to fight the incoming attack.

"Ruby Disaster!"

A massive firestorm appears in front of the incoming hardened feather and burns them to ashes. After dealing with the attack, Willaim cast another spell.

"Energy Siphon!"

Willam's body releases a string of energy that leeches on all the Grimm around him. Then, slowly but surely, his mana gets replenished, and some of the Grimm around him disappear after William drains their energy.

After draining a lot of mana, William takes a deep breath and then casts a powerful spell.

"Ruinja (Ruin IV)!"

A massive magic circle appears in front of William, and a second later, two balls of light appear in front of the massive Nevermore and fly at the Grimm. When it hits the target, it explodes and releases a bolt of energy that kills the smaller Grimm around it.

"Holy hell. I can feel that. Even with the help of the book, I can feel my mana get sucked by that spell."

Even with the mana he gets from his enemy, Ruinja is a powerful spell that requires a lot of mana to cast.

When William prepares to cast more spells, a monkey Grimm called Beringel manages to climb up the wall and charges at William.

"Kyuuuu!"

Before Beringel was able to punch William, Filia cast Radiant Aegis on him and protected him. The barrier takes some of the damage from the Grimm, and it lets William cast some spells.

"Painflare!"

Red energy flew from William's finger and hit the Beringel. However, it was not enough to kill it, so Filia charges and jumps at the Grimm before releasing a torrent of fire from its mouth. The attack is enough to kill the Grimm.

William gets up from the ground and looks at the Grimm already climbing the wall. Seeing the situation getting worse, William decides to call in some reinforcements.

"Come! O Lord of Fire! Show the world your might! Ifrit!"

Ifrit comes out from the ground and burns the Grimm around him as he roars.

"Ifrit! Take care of the one on the ground!"

"ROAR!"

With a roar, Ifrit releases a torrent of fire from his mouth and starts rampaging throughout the battlefield.

But William is not done calling a reinforcement.

"Come to me! Answer my call O Queen of Storm! Lady of Vortex! Garuda!"

Coming from the massive magic circle next to him is a humanoid creature with the face of a beautiful woman. She has four wings on her back and the legs of an eagle but bigger. She stands six meters tall, slightly shorter than Ifrit.

"Garuda! Rule the Sky!"

"SKRREEEE!"

As he is too focused on the enemy in front of him, William does not notice that all the cameras on the wall point at him. As a result, the name William Argento will be known throughout the world.

6