Chap 3- Frustrated
77 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chap 3- Frustrated:

 

_______

 

After that nightmare Rey had that day, it never showed up again, Mordred asked her what was it about, but she doesn't remember.... She just remembers seeing flames everywhere.

 

Mordred was even more curious, but she let it go, her or Rey wouldn't earn anything since the dreamer didn't remember anything anymore.

 

After that nighttime fly by, the two of them playing, and Rey growing both in mind and a little in height.

 

Mordred didn't fall behind, but she was already pretty tall for her age, got even taller, she isn't a titan in height for her age, but for most girls she's pretty damn tall.

 

Respective Rey being 127 cm, and Mordred at 143 cm.

 

About nine months have passed since that night, and now it's Mordred birthday May 1, the year right now being 2002.

 

Spoiler
(A/N:Look, I tried finding at what year canon starts, but it should be around the 2010s or close to that, I will go with that.)

[collapse]

 

___________

{Orphanage; 08:49; POV Rey}

 

I wake up so early to prepare things.... I am almost falling to sleep

 

Looking around I see all the stuff me and Sister Kath did, a bunch of cookies and other eatables.

 

From the look of it Mordred was helping some people on the town while I was sleeping, and she got some things here and there, and we have enough to cook cookies and a lot of other things I don't even know the name.

 

Too much problem for things I will just eat meh.

 

"Reyy~ Go there and put these plates on the table please ~ You should be tall enough to do so now *giggles*"- Like an arrow pierced my back I yelp a little.

 

'Why you gotta rub on my face like that Sister'

 

I nod and little by little I fill the tables.

 

'One here, another here, this one, and that one.'- I go around looking here and there.

 

Finally, ending, I look at the door entrance.

 

'She probably will come from there, I can surprise her and give her my gift! Might not be sword or knughgt- bleh armor, but I think she'll like it, hm*nods*'

 

I walk around the building, I don't have anything to do....

 

Normally Mor-Mor is here to make things interesting, talking about random things, or stuff she learned on town.

 

She always finds an away to be fun when she's with me.

 

I walk out of the kitchen door, and see the garden.

 

Its empty.

 

The others are still sleeping, and Mor-Mor being herself wakes up early a go help the other Sister on the town.

 

I walk out, looking at the sky, I feel like I did something like this before... but when?

 

Step by step I reach a tree, one that have already been hit thousands of times, Mor-Mor keeps swinging at wooden stick almost every day.

 

She never gets bored, and just smiles and talks to me like what she's doing isn't tiring.

 

I look at my hand, and close it in a fist.

 

I just put it on the tree slowly.

 

" She keeps going and going.... *frowns* If I get behind... will she not consider me her partner anymore?"- I tremble I little.

 

I know her, she would say for me not to worry about it...

 

But...seeing her repeat the same -'You're still young to train!'- Over and over hurts...

 

I know... but the way she's going, what will I even do in the future?

 

Look at her beat some bad guys, while I sit down and eat a cookie? Doesn't sound ba- ''NO!''

 

 'She will move forward... without anyone to help her, but she still has me! I just need to help!'

 

I stare at the tree, and like I was possessed or something, I bring my right leg back.

 

Like I did this before, I get in a strange position, my right leg bent back and my left forward.

 

And side-kick forward.

 

*cracks*

 

Little cracks of wood fly everywhere, and I get out of the strange trance.

 

"Areh? Wha- AAAUHHHHAH?!!"- I crunch down screaming silently, I look at the place I hit the tree with my leg.... it hurts.

 

My leg has a huge purple color where I hit the tree.

 

I bite my cheeks, and stand going back and forth a little.

 

'I have seen her punching this tree.... like it was nothing *clenches knuckles* I don't have your determination Mor-Mor, but I-I will not fall behind... I promise that'- I walk back inside the orphanage, need to clean my leg before anyone sees it, it's starting to bleed.

 

___________

 

On a corner of the orphanage we see Mordred, she has her arms fondled, and looks at the garden, she came here to get a shovel, but observed her little partner walking out of the door, looking at the sky with a strange expression.

 

She keeps observing, it's rare for her to see what Rey do without her.

 

She sees how the younger one goes to the tree she trains her swordsmanship, and raises and fist to where she hit the most with the wooden stick.

 

But she hears Rey saying something.

 

" She keeps going and going.... *frowns* If I get behind... will she not consider me her partner anymore?"

 

She can see Rey clenching her fist while saying some things that made Mordred eyes bulge.-' How could I abandon you! Are you crazy?!'

 

She looks at the black haired girl trembling and all anger she had, disappears, she is about to go and say that she isn't going to let a partner, a friend, scratch that, her best friend, down, how little does Rey think of her?

 

She takes a step, but as she does, so do Rey.

 

Taking a strange stance, she kicks forward, at an immense speed, making Mordred eye bulge again.- 'Did she always had that speed?'- While still dazed, she sawed how the tree trembled a little then.

 

"Areh? Wha- AAAUHHHHAH?!!"- Rey lays down and screams silently, Mordred is just about to run up to her and scold the child for doing something so stupid... But when she saw Rey's eyes she stopped, the little girl doesn't want to be let down, yes she's lazy, yes she is a definitive kusogaki, but she too had determination, that even she herself doesn't know of it, to not fall behind the one she trusts the most.

 

She gets up and walks back inside.

 

Mordred slides down the side of the wall from the orphanage.

 

*BAM*

 

She hits the ground with her fist.-"She thinks she's gonna fall behind, way too behind, and wants to follow me as equal and not a princess and her knight like in the books.... damn it... I was trying to put her in shape to do so... but she probably is starting to think she's a burden.... Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!"

 

Her hair making shadows on her eyes making so impossible to see her expression.

 

She stays there, after a while she starts looking up at the clouds pass, even through they're still kids, their level of maturity is too big at this point, Rey understands she's going to fall behind if she continues like she's doing, and Mordred is mature enough to consider she's wrong.

 

Something is really wrong with these children, or something is very special about them.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

{?????: ????}

 

"Oh nono, they're perfect fine, it is just, both are pretty 'lively' ya know?"- A being made of flames sits on a throne of flames of her own.

 

"Both Rey-chan, and Mor-chan have great futures, principally Rey-chan."- In her fiery figure she smiles, a set of full sharp shark-like teeth showing.

 

"She has her own 'Legacy' to discover after all*smiles wider*"- The being evaporates with all the surrounding flames going with her...

 

"It's just not the right time....yet"- Her voice fades in the blackness of the void.

4