Chapter – 2
37 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!”(??)

I look around to see who is shouting. It looks to be one of the members of the hero’s party. A young human girl who looks like a scout with two daggers. She runs at me daggers raised. I start running back at her three times as fast as she is running. I pull my fist back and punch her in the stomach. She drops her daggers and coughs up blood. She falls to the floor unconscious; I will deal with her later. By now the other two members of the hero’s party have started to charge toward me. One a middle-aged man with a long sword and shield swings down at me. I catch the blade and pry it from his grip throwing it to the side. I return the strike with a punch to his shield which causes him to stumble back. With my senses, I can hear the other member approach me from behind. Spinning round, I catch an arrow before it hits me turning it around I throw it back with as much force as the bow hitting the archer in the chest.

Turning back to the human man I run at him and grab his shield pulling it away from him. He tries to fight back but is not strong enough. I strike at his wrist causing multiple scratches along his arm and making him drop the shield. He tries to move away but as he does I can kick him in the side causing some bones to break. I run towards him but he reaches out and tries to grapple me despite his injuries. He does a good job holding me back he is probably the strongest of the party. However, he has still let his guard down I move my head back and headbutt him as hard as I can causing his skull to cave in and his body to fall to the ground.

Turning around I stroll over to the slowly dying archer. In front of me is another young woman with an expensive-looking bow. What should I do with her? Should I just kill her? Getting closer to her I roughly pull out the arrow and quickly stab it into her leg unexpectedly she doesn’t scream. I take the arrow out and stab her other leg again she doesn’t scream. Tch this is boring. Standing up I crush her skull with my boots.

These were the so-called hero and party they were stupidly weak or is that all humans? I have noticed the humans in the slums are weak but I didn’t think all humans are. Now that’s done let's go back to the slums. As I am walking back I notice something that catches my attention shining in the sun is a sword. Walking closer to it I can see that it is a large sword that is nearly as tall as myself. It is six feet tall with a large straight guard and a smaller curved guard further down the blade. It looks like a normal sword but larger and made of a metal I haven’t seen before that seems to shine subtly like a rainbow in the light. I think I will take this with me for now. After picking up the sword I start walking back to the slums.

------
As I walk through the slums everyone starts running away from me. They did this before, but they are running faster than normal. Is it the blood or did they see what happened with the hero and his party? Oh well, that doesn’t matter right now. Continuing through the slums I am the only one here and I am now quite far from where the goblins were which means I am not surprised when some bandits try to rob me. Well, it’s a good time to try my new sword. I hold it by the hilt in one hand a swing it at the five bandits as they run at me. With one clean swing, I decapitate all of them blood spraying from their necks as they fall to the ground. This is better than I thought. Is this how the hero killed the demon lord? I should probably practice with this sword.

Reaching home I open the door and walk in throwing the sword onto the hay I use for my bed. Walking over to my clothes box I take out some less bloody clothes and change into them. They are exactly the same as what I was wearing before. A top that stops below my chest and shorts that stop at the top of my thighs. Not much of the clothing found in the slums fits when my height and going to be taller I know as a giant beastkin I will likely be over ten feet tall. Unfortunately, I only have one pair of boots that fit me so I will have to clean them later.

------

After I have changed and cleaned my boots, I had dinner and then went outside to start practising with the sword. Now, what do I do with this? I have never used a sword before. Never could afford one and no one who could afford one is idiotic enough to go into the slums. Except for the hero. Do I just swing it? I try holding the sword in one hand like I have seen some of the guards do and try swinging it but find it too heavy and unwieldy with one hand. I try again with two hands and find it much easier to use. I spend the next few hours before it gets dark practising and getting used to my new weapon.

“No one’s going to want to pick a fight with me now.”(Erika)

My mouth forms into a small smile.

3