Chapter 1 – Floor 0 Rest Area
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hidden Objectives and Side Objectives

Every trial has an objective. It's the thing broadcasted to you the moment you enter a trial. Hidden objectives are other goals you can do in a trial. They are made to be impossible without at least a bit of straying off the main objective. Occasionally they oppose the main objective. In cases such as these, completing the hidden objective is treated as completing the main objective. The difficulty of the hidden objective is slightly higher than that of the main objective. However, the difficulty of the hidden objective is composed of the difficulty of figuring out whatever it is and completing the hidden objective itself. This means completing the actual objective can sometimes be really easy. Make note of this when you have knowledge of a hidden objective before a trial. Completing a hidden objective guarantees at least a C ranked completion rating on a trial, and always increases completion ranking by at least one rank. Side objectives are given at the beginning of a trial and are optional. Completing them will increase the completion rating by at least one sub rank.

– Crucial Information That Every Challenger Needs, Ch 2, page 6

Ariza woke up.

[Welcome to the Tower, 0 floor Rest Area. The trial “tutorial” will start in 30 minutes]

I did it! She exclaimed in her mind. A feeling of joy and pride at her achievement swirled in her chest. Okay, calm down. Now mentally prepared, Ariza surveyed the room. There were 500 people in the room, most in states of panic. The walls, floor and ceiling were entirely black. It was unclear how the room was lit as there were no clear lights on any surfaces. She ignored the panicking people and looked around. Ariza had to find the hidden item in the floor 0 rest area. Every rest area and trial had one hidden item. The first thing she noticed was the pattern of the surfaces. The inner surfaces of the room were made entirely of square tiles. She looked closer at the walls. Near the bottom in one of the four corners was a single hole. It was just large enough to fit a hand in and looked closer to a crack rather than a man made hole. Ariza crouched down and peered into the small. There was something in there. She reached her arm in and pulled it out.

<potion of int permanence>

Effects:

–Permanent +10 stat points in int

*currently, stat points transfer into stat at a ratio of 1:1

I didn’t expect it to be this good. Int is the only stat humans lack when starting out. This fundamentally gave her an advantage over every other person in this tutorial group. Ariza immediately drank the potion and watched as the potion bottle vanished.

<+10 int gained from potion of int permanence>

There was more to do.  Ariza checked the time. 17:54 was left on the timer. Her next goal was to start her awakening. Mana awakening was required for humans to use mana in any capacity. Specifically, it was required to use skills. Awakening always occurred when getting one’s first class from the class selection. However, since she had the knowledge required, she could awaken whenever she had mana, which was now. As she moved her mana for the first time, all the fundamental knowledge of awakening got inscribed in her soul. It didn’t make any sound or cause any effect. It simply loosened up the mana in her soul

<you have gained the title <(first)awakened without the system>>

She would check the title’s effect when the system allowed her to access her status, but she thought this was a jackpot. The title’s effects were bound to be good when it was both a “first” title and something thought to be impossible. She stared at the clock yet again. 16:59. She finished her preparation, so all she had to do was wait. The first of the challengers were becoming lucid.

“Everybody! Calm down. My name is Brian, and I'm a police officer. Once we get out of here I’ll make whoever caused this responsible for kidnapping us!” In one statement, Brian took the leader position of the group. People tended to hate authority, but would cling to it whenever times were worse. Immediately, a group started forming with Brian at its center. It was filled with about 280 people.

Idiot. Only half a tutorial group could survive the tutorial. The group will probably split due to infighting and Brian will have to fight his own group members. She stopped listening to conversations.

[tutorial starts in 5… 4… 3… 2… 1… start!]

Everyone appeared on a large, flat, grassy field. There was a forest behind them, and a hill with a small hut on it far in front of them.

[welcome to trial “tutorial”]

[As this is your first trial, the system will be unlocked. To access the system, think or say the keyword “status”. You can access your inventory with the keyword “inventory”.]

<Status>
Name: Ariza Race: Human  
Class: None Level 1  
Stats: Health: 80/80 Mana: 144/144
Str: 16 Agi: 19
Sta: 16 Int: 24
Free stat points: 0
Skills: Innate: none
Class: none
Rare: <(active) ruler of mana (1)>:during activation, within a certain area, you control all mana. Uses 1000 mana per second.
Legacy: none
Skill points: 0
Traits:

<Soul mind>:immunity to mental attacks, +3 agi, +3 int, +1 int : mana (now 1 : 6)

<rational>:in all situations, rationality is improved, resistance to “stress” status effect

<combat genius>:50% increase in combat proficiency, all stats +1

Titles:

<(first)awakened without the system>:200% increase in mana manipulation, adds skill <ruler of mana(1)>, maxes elemental affinities (100%), all stats +5, int +5

*you have a unused class selection opportunity

She ignored the confused murmurings of the crowd of people and focused on her own status. Wow. If anyone in the tower heard this was the status of someone opening their system for the first time, they would go batshit insane. Humans started out with 10 in all stats except for Int which started as 0. They had no skills and titles, and rarely had traits. Not only that, but the <ruler of mana> skill Ariza promised to deal with her class settings once she was alone.

<please choose a difficulty setting>

–simple

–easy

–normal

–hard

–extreme

<chosen extreme difficulty>

<Objectives:>

Main:

Survive until 50% of challengers are remaining

Extra Requirements:

–survive 15 rounds

Side:

–kill 25 challengers (solo)

–kill 400 monsters (solo)

Difficulty info:

–Merged normal difficulty side objective “survive 15 rounds” into Main objective requirements

–increased difficulty of side objectives

–when fighting you, monsters gain 50% boost in their base stats and status effect “minor health regeneration”

[difficulties selected:]

–27 simple

–115 easy

–234 normal

–122 hard

–2 extreme

[the first round will start in 30 minutes, prepare.]

Thanks for reading! Please add any suggestions below please. Well besides all the necessary stuff, how did you like this chapter so far? Please tell me if there are any plot points or spell checks to be made. Heck, even the title and description are temporary! Have a good day.

0