Chapter 2 – Dimeti
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edit: changed ending

 

Dimeti padded around the street corner, his paws leading him to who-knows-where. His dream from the night before told him of cats who will need his help soon, and he awoke to let his paws lead him. Dimeti is what you would call a special cat. Most cats see Twolegs- Humans- as either housefolk, cat owners, or as beings too dangerous to stay near. Dimeti was neither. He saw humans as beings not to be overestimated, but also a good resource of certain things. For example, at what humans call “stores,” there is meat just waiting to be given. Dimeti normally, during leafbare- winter- would sit just outside the doors waiting for one of the nice humans to notice him and bring him a small meal. It was almost always cold though- Dimeti prefers warm rabbits much better.

Dimeti walked down the street towards a huge road with cars running past quickly. Dimeti, is the only cat he knows of that calls things by what they are. Other cats call roads and cars “Thunderpaths” and “Monsters,” but he couldn’t blame them. They couldn’t communicate with humans. Or Twolegs, in cat speech. Oh yeah… Dimeti can speak with people. He had an odd connection with other beings ever since he almost drowned. Okay- he did drown. He was going to be dead until a cat named Stream was able to push out the water. He stayed with her for a bit. Hunted a bit. Rested a bit. And went home.

He has been very different since then. If you knew him before, you wouldn’t recognize him now, he used to be over-energetic, now he’s almost tired all the time- due to the prophetic dreams, mind you- and he dislikes hanging out with other cats. 

(Anyway, let's continue the story with cat-talk so this feels like warrior cats)

Dimeti got to the thunderpath where the monsters were roaring back and forth. He placed a paw on the edge when he saw no monsters. No vibrating. Safe. Dimeti ran across as quickly as possible. He kept going forward until dark. Well… I was getting hungry anyway… Dimeti stopped and looked for a good den. That bush looks ok. He collected moss and leaves to make a nest. It wasn’t his best, but it would work.

A rumble came from Dimeti’s stomach. I was going to just go to bed, but it looks- no, sounds- like I should hunt… Dimeti looked around the forest and sniffed around until he smelled rabbit. His ears pricked up as he listened for the rustling of leaves. He stalked through the grass until he saw it. It was big and juicy, and Dimeti knew if he caught it, he wouldn’t need food for a while. He crept forward, not noticing the dead leaf by his paws. The rabbit’s ears pricked up as Dimeti realized what he just stepped on. He shot forward, just as the rabbit became a blurred ball of fur.

Dimeti chased it until he spotted a huge forest, then his body started to tingle, like something was about to happen. His mind and instincts fought as he chased the rabbit. Should I stop and not go in? Or go in and hopefully catch the rabbit? Dimeti went back and forth in his mind until it was too late, he had already bursted into the undergrowth of the forest, tripping at first, he got back up and chased the rabbit while avoiding brambles and vines.

But then Dimeti’s sense of smell came back to him… he was in another cat’s territory. His fur pricked up as he realized that whoever this cat was, had the full right to attack him. In this realization, Dimeti didn’t see the giant bush he was about to run right through… into a pit, with the camp of Thunderclan inside.

0