Report 1
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Report 1

Written by A-445374: The Repeating Man

 

The Rain was pouring. A nameless middle-aged man monotonously carrying out his daily routine as a database manager. He was supposed to be a data analyst but during downtime, he took on a role as the only database manager.

 

Checking.

 

Debugging.

 

Fixing Data Errors.

 

Answering And Completing Support Tickets.

 

This was just supposed to be another normal day for him. He finished the day after checking the physical location of each server within the company area and walked back to the main office carrying his bag and an umbrella while listening to the peaceful pitter-patter of the rain.

 

His mind wandered aimlessly through various topics through his mind which finally ends up at what he planned for his future. He never had any love life and does not have any relationship with other gender he could recalled to being other than being acquaintance or just friends.

 

He tried to think on what he could do to solve this.

This thought of his was cut short by a direct lightning strike, coursing millions of volts of energy through his body.

Some people may survive it; however, he wasn’t so lucky compared to others.

 

??? : Ah

??? : I have Died

??? : I can’t see anything

 

As his lifeless body fell to the ground.

 

??? : Am I falling?

??? : It stopped?

??? : What do I do now?

??? : Is this what everyone will feel

 

His soul still can generally feel what is happening to his body, but it is not too accurate as his senses are severed from him.

 

He asked himself a ton of question while waiting for his own funeral.

 

??? : Ah. Is it now my funeral?

??? : Did my parents get the insurance money yet?

??? : They should get it since its still within work hour when I died.

??? : I wondered how my siblings are doing with their studies.

 

He could still feel his body moved and buried after an unknown amount of time to him. He sometimes heard scream from time to time around him, but he pays no heed to it. His body felt cramped, but he paid no heed to it.

 

He was sometimes questioned about somethings, and it left immediately after it being answered.

He sometime could feel when someone enters the cemetery and was greeted from time to time.

 

This kept repeating until the universe expanded faster than gravity which ripped the world apart.

 

His souls still kept running even when his body have already been ripped apart.

 

He kept on waiting and waiting.

 

??? : How much longer do I need to wait?

??? : How long has it since the world ended.

??? : Who am I again?

??? : What am I again?

??? : What is that?

 

A simple plane with matte colour appeared into his view and approaching fast towards him.

His body materialised along with many other.

 

??? : How long have it been since I felt my own body.

??? : How many people are here?

??? : What are we here for?

??? : Where are they all going?

 

His mind tried to answer the question but more popped-up. He stopped thinking and began to follow them.

He followed them for a long until he reached a place with two doors. His entire life was judged and all of it was recorded and written in a book. After that ended, he went on his way.

He opened his book, and it played his entire life like a video. There were even some notes during when he was judged added. This should be surprising to him, but he no longer cared. However, he felt that something was off but don’t know exactly what.

He continued on walking and sometimes read the book. He definitely feels that something was added to it. He was completely focused on trying to find what was wrong with the book. He repeated the process until he reached a thin line.

 

The line was perfectly thin that it is barely visible when seen head on. It is an almost perfect 2-dimensional object. He didn’t even notice the line and walked straight through while replaying the book over and over until he reached what most people would call heaven. But he still never noticed anything around him.

He replayed it again and again.

Again, and again.

He repeated the action monotonously.

Every hour was spent repeating and checking the book.

He pays no heed to the pleasure given within this so-called heaven.

 

He checked and checked and checked and checked and checked and checked and checked and checked...

checked....

checked and chec....

When,

 

??? : I found it. Finally, all this time.

A blank paper was in his hand

??? : Now, it all makes sense.

He began to turn the book sporadically to various parts of his life and began writing on the paper.

It was aimless at first but soon a pattern emerged. Once the pattern was completed.

He attempted to fix it, treated it like a broken database which contains tons of bugs.

After he finished, there was something eligible written on the paper.

 

DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE TO FIX IT?

 

YES / NO

 

??? : What is this?

??? : I don’t know what I need to fix or what am I trying to fix. Since, I went this far might as well try to complete it.

 

And so, He agreed to it and his vision went blank again.

1