Chapter 2: Meeting the Automata
30 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AUTOMATA'S DOMAIN

"You both are such a interesting mortals aren't you? I thought you both will be shocked because you just died."

A lady with a silver slanted eyes and white hair named Rachel. She wear a near see-through silk dress, sitting and looking closely to Chris and Crystal which is sitting nonchalantly. They are so very relaxed like they just did not died in a sinkhole, crushing them until to their doom.

They are in the a strange place, a white void of emptyness where a strange girl sitting alone with them where she introduce herself earlier as the caretaker of Earth, and self proclaimed name "Rachel".

"What else we Crystal can do? We died and it's just a accident right?"

Chris, a boy who just went into his mother funeral before he died is talking to Rachel in a casual manner. He have a permanently gloomy pure dark eyes and a black hair with a tiny scar on his left thick eyebrow, even though it just a small scar, it was still noticeable.

Visibly, he is decently fit thanks to his uncle who teach him martial arts on a weekly basis. His tone of his voice is so very monotonic with the of his poker face, he look so mean everytime.

"Yeah... Just like Chris said, I agree to him."

A mildly meek girl named Crystal that have been friends with Chris for a long time, sitting at his left side. She have a visibly straight dyed black hair and a bright hazel colored eyes. Her towering height comparing to Chris is so noticeable if her and him close to each other. 

"Looks like my job will be easy so... Before I will drop you in The Otherworld, I will going to debrief both of you, but first let me uhh..."

Rachel waved her hand like she is casting a spell like in a certain fantasy movie. A very retro voice recorder appeared in a desk full of papers, after Rachel settle her hand on a desk, touching and pressing something on the recorder. Chris feels a very uncanny atmosphere when Rachel touched the voice recorder. You never see everyday a godly being fiddling a retro recorder invented in the pasr and in present tim, an irrelevant device.

"It's recording... So! *clap* I will just going to ask question you Chris and Crystal, just answer it very honestly, simple right?" Rachel said to both of them.

Crystal look at Chris first before accepting Rachel request, Chris just nods to her and they looked at Rachel and say...

"Sure." I said.

Rachel slightly smiles but switch and fade away for a couple of second and her face is now looking at us, intensely.

"Chris will be first, so Chris... What is your full name?"

"Christoper Anne."

"Age before you died and birthday?"

"My age is 20, and my birthday is November 1."

"Ahhh... Nevermind me, so... Do you know your height?"

"I don't know... I don't really check my height... Was that bad?" Chris have a bit concerned in his face.

"Your height is 169 cm, whoops~ I forgot, I already know all of your info." Rachel dropped a surprising twist.

"Wait...what?" The two confusedly said in unison.

"Oh, I just said earlier that I am the caretaker of Earth right? And I do have all the knowledge known, including your every bits of you... and Crystal too." Rachel looked at me with her eerie white eyes and said all that to me.

Chris seems awe what did just Rachel said to her, but he slowly calm down to asses the situation.

"Then what's the point of this interview?" He asked.

"Oh~ I just like recording stuff... What's with that look? I also have a hobby to kill time."

What a cute but creepy hobby.

Rachel clap her hand once to diffuse the awkwardness so she can continues to talk.

"Now now... Shall we resume?"

Basically, Rachel asked every general information about them, this is all the info recorded by the recorder Rachel got:

Name: Christopher Anne

Age: 20

Height: 169cm

Hair Color: Charcoal Black (Natural)

Eye Colour: Dark

Body Build: Decently Fit

Profession: None (University Student)

Birthdate: 11/1/00

***

Name: Crystal Hart

Age: 22

Height: 190cm

Hair Color: Black (dyed), Ginger Orange (Natural)

Eye Color: Light Brown

Body Built: Slim

Profession: Professional Chef

Birthdate: 2/15/99

With all that info Rachel have to them, she turned off the recorder and she put it in a small drawer underneath the table.

"Alright~ this is one final wrap. Now.... Do you have any request before you go on?"

Chris lean back into his chair and wondered what will he going to say.

"Actually no, I have all the stuff sorted in my blackbox and I know if we request resurrection would no go right? and I trust my uncle to take care of all my mom asset, I'm fine and ready to go, Crystal you?"

Crystal pondered and looked at the translucent yet luminous floor, thinking what will she say.

"Umm... I would like to say goodbye to my parents, is that okay?"

Rachel white eyes looked at Crystal with a hint of sympathy.

"That's actually sweet, okay I can give you time to go in your parents dream, about 5 minutes and you can kiss your parents goodbye."

"Thank you."

She thanks Rachel to give her chance to say a proper farewell.

"I'm sending you right.... Now!"

She snap her hand and all in the sudden, Crystal disappeared in plane sight.

"...."

In a snap of a finger, Crystal may be look like she disintegrated but her soul temporarily transported back to the Earth. Meanwhile, an awkward atmosphere fills the air. Chris is leaning the chair and rocking it back and forth. He consciously looking away on the girl at front of him.

He also now realised currently the girl is looking at him with her hands in her cheek, cheekily creepily smiling at him. 

"No need to be tense Christoper Anne, I am not going to do anything uncomfortable, Believe me Mr. Chris"

Jokingly, she is making this situation more awkward for Chris which he know it too.

"...I know you want something too, come on tell it~ your girlfriend is not here so you can beg to me now... I know what's in your head right now, literally"

Immediately, he stop rocking his chair and settle down after he heard what Rachel said to her.

Really? So are you really a god? He thought to himself

"No I am not a god!"

The entire space tremble with her shout. His heartbeat spikes in terror, but of course he quickly resolve himself into calmness.

"...sorry."

He apologized awkwardly, bowing his head while saying it.

"Please, Don't bow down! It's my fault that I lost my tempo... But... I mean... This is nice in a way~"

She puts her hands to her cheek and lips, hiding it faintly blushing, flustered like a pure maiden and giving out even more uncomfortable feeling to Chris.

Huh, you are weird

"Realy? Am I weird to you?." 

Chris forgot even though he know just a moment ago that the girl can read minds, just a small blunder on Chris's side.

"Oh yeah! I do have question? can you answer it for me?

He tried to segway to a different topic so he can dodge the question, Chris does not really want to answer the question she given even though the answer is totally obvious 

"Yeah! Sure~ I can give you that... What do you want to ask?"

The girl instantaneous forgot she herself asked a question, which is add to the certainty of her quirkiness. 

He inhale very slowly and prepared himself because the question will he going to say.

"Did you actually intently just killed us?"

The cold aura drops, everything went vividly darkens, well that's what he feels right now but ultimately, Chris is spooked like a chicken at this moment.

"Listen here, first I didn't kill you, it was a unpredictable scenario, unfortunately fate and time is not on my side I cannot control them so I am deeply sorry to both of you. It was half of my mistake. Second, I cannot say what I am because you will not understand, surely you will know in the future but now... Lets just say that I am your caretaker and the protector of humanity. And lastly, I know that you will ask why you and your girlfriend going to a new world, just believe it's for the sake of the humanity, the residents of Earth like seriously please I know this is heavy to put into both of you just please... I just want humanity survive..."

A small tears almost dropped into her pure white eye, a being with a unexplained existence is deeply pleading to Chris, a mere ignorant human.

"For the sake of humanity? saving humanity? *sigh* what will Crystal reaction on this..."

Sitting on his chair, he closed his eyes and just think and asses that gravity of the situation, but he quickly snap back to tell a statement to the girl. 

"Honestly, this situation is so bizarre I don't want to question anything anymore. Saving humanity right? okay then, let's do it. 

He offer his hand to Rachel, making a deal he knows that he the uncertainty of success.

"Man you are an interesting mortal aren't you? This may be the most interesting thing happen to me after that last mortal came here hahahaha!"  

"Wait, what did you just say?"

While She laugh genuinely, a pillar of light streaked into their peripheral, it was Crystal inside it.

"I'm here."

Crystal eyes are visibly have a scarlet taint that indicates that she cried, but his pure smiles also indicates she meet her parents and properly say goodbye, she is satisfied.

"Hey Crystal." Chris said

"Yeah?" She asked

"Are you happy?" He asked

"Yeah." She said

That's all he want to hear.

"Well you heard her right? Shall we continue Rachel?"

All have been set, everything is ready for both of them. They are prepared to go, into the other world.

Rachel stand up and clap her hand, the desk instantly evaporate and they can see Rachel other half of her body hidden under the desk.

"Alright! You are going to the other world. It was a fantasy world with magic! I will not tell any information about the world because you both will explore it yourself!"

A very bright light beamed into Rachel right hands and she aimed the pillar of light unto them.

"Wait wha!"

"And... I will give my spare power unto both of you... Christopher Anne... Krystal Hart... You are free to do everything! FOR NOW GOODBYE!"

Without all warning, Rachel snapped her left hand and suddenly, Chris and Rachel fade out into reality, to go to different reality.

THE OTHERWORLD

The sun beams are peeking into the canopy of the forest, and some of the light went into the unconscious man, waking him up.

"Ughh... What... Ugghh... My Head..."

Of course that man is as you can read, was Chris. He opened his eye, and he firstly noticed the lush of green in his sorrounding, some of the bush in his edge of his vision have a colorful flower clustered like a assorted bouquet, but a pure flower he knows most of his life is missing.... which named Crystal, his bestfriend that have full of flower in her mind sometimes.

He get up on the bed of the forest, his headache are still lingering but he ignore the pain because a different pain is starting to linger in his mind right now, Crystal is missing.

"Crystal! Scream if you can hear me! Crystal!"

What a way to start their journey in The Otherworld.

1