Ch. 01 – Revenge
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I searched for answers to my questions while resting on the side of a tree, thinking about all the things that went through my mind, but getting nowhere. Tiredness was consuming me, I hadn't really had any rest since all this happened, I wonder what I'm going to do now, which path to take and how to calm all the feelings that overflow through my heart.

I keep moving forward because of the anger I feel, an incessant anger that seeks only one thing, revenge. This is the purest and most genuine human feeling, the one that consumes you without you realizing it, but am I going to let it happen or avoid it? I didn't know.

It was right after my sixteenth birthday and my baptism of blood, my family's ritual for one of their own to officially become a assassin. The castle, small but cozy, still had all the members of the family there, as they had all given up missions last night to show their presence in the ancient ritual. My father, Jonarth, the master of the family, gave a great speech about me, his heir, and a small celebration was held.

Everything happened suddenly, in one moment everything was fine and in the other a great magic circle had summoned a magic of a size that I had never seen before. When the magic was activated the castle was entirely on fire. My mother Yenia protected me, saying "Kyria, go and hide, survive and keep our family legacy, promise me." I nodded my head and she left me and went on, fighting and commanding the subordinates. I went down the stairs in search of the back door, even worried, I was willing to do what I promised and survive, maybe I should have stayed to help, I feel like a coward because of that.

In the back hall the clanging of swords could be heard, several warriors were fighting each other, but my eyes could only see one of them, my father, fighting a knight who wore silver armor with some rubies attached to it, he looked at me, he smiled, and returned his focus to the battle. The back door was open and I walked towards it, before leaving my mind filled with thoughts. 'Where am I going', 'What do I do now?', 'Shouldn't I help?', and as I turned to see which way the battle was going, the fire in the silver-armored man's sword caught my attention, burning like the hellfire, nonstop, towards my father. I turned and ran away at that moment, I didn't have the courage to see what was going to happen.

"Coward, that's what I am"

Returning to the castle after the fire had died down, all I found was ashes and bodies, all dead except me, the useless one who fled.

My father's body was lying on the floor, with a big wound in his stomach, with eyes open, he said:

"Son, live in the shadows of what your family once was. Honor our name in darkness, survive and go your way"

I couldn't say anything, and I think if I had said, he wouldn't have listened because soon after saying it he closed his eyes and found the eternal sleep.

I walked out the door, aimlessly, this was the first time in my entire life that I had this feeling, I always knew I would be a assassin, just like my whole family was, but what now? what would i do alone? And here I am now. Who did this, I didn't know either, the man my father fought wore a helmet. And our enemies existed everywhere, we were murderers, many people didn't like us, of course it could be anyone. But something inside me wanted to find out, wanted to get revenge on them, to make them come to the same end as the ones I loved.

0