Chapter 17: I am altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it further.
2.8k 61 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Poll at the end~. It's very soon that Nova will leave Stargate behind!

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve joined up with the Atlantis crew. And much like SG-1, it has been a bit of a ride. Fate really likes to fuck with AR-1 a lot. Not even two days after I joined up, Sheppard was almost killed by a damn bug hah.

 

Today though, I am finishing up making some upgrades for myself. The Asgard have actually managed to catch up to the Anquietas in quite a lot of technology overall. Some techniques are not as good in the making of, or efficiency of some things could be better. But in general, if these two civilizations were to go to war, they would be equal in most things.

 

As the drone weapon I was fabricating was almost done, I reviewed the current upgrades I managed to get.

 

[Asgard hologram] → [Anquietas Hologram]

Able to project anything you can think of with a range of 100 kilometres. Can project and detect sound.

 

Notice!

Anquietas holograms may possess physical integrity and can affect, or be affected by, material objects. May also make this interaction one way.

 

This was a great thing in my opinion. I now had damaging illusions! Though, it was still pretty basic for interaction. They feel solid when touched, but if an illusion was to try and cut you, all you’d suffer from is an energy discharge. A very painful one mind you. I am able to overcharge a hologram with all the types of energy I have access to, making them quite deadly honestly.

 

The Shield generator I absorbed also did exactly what I thought it would while also giving a plus. It increased the efficacy of my shields by 1 ZPM. Meaning I can stop a supernova with a charge of 2 ZPM’s, instead of 3. And it also gave me a new type of shield to deploy.

 

[Gravity Shield]

Protects against gravity waves of any degree in the same range as your normal shields.

 

Notice!

May combine with your normal shields.

 

Meaning I could go as close to a black hole as I wanted, and be fine. I also tried absorbing one of their time engines, and much to my surprise and a bit of disappointment, I gained nothing. No jumping through time for me it seems.

 

The first thing I created was a Sangraal. And it gave me a unique passive and ability.

 

[Sangraal]

Allows you to harm/interact with entities of a higher existence/out of phase/incorporeal.

 

Notice!

This only opens up the ability to harm them. Said entities will most likely still have defensive measures.

 

[Reckoning Pulse]

Releases a pulse in the dimension that energy based entities normally reside in. Will cause an amount of damage based on the strength of the pulse and the entity hit. The range is 110,000 light years.

 

This was also a great thing. The passive lets me attack ghosts! Or shit that likes to phase in any case. And the ability is just the actual effect of the Sangraal.

 

Was not surprised I got nothing for their Hyperdrives. I did however make one of their Wormhole drives. And Null damn, did that thing take a long time to fabricate. Was worth it though.

 

[Wormhole Jump]

Connect to points in space/time. Minimum range of 100 kilometres.

 

Notice!

While there is no limit to how far out you can go, if you get your coordinates wrong, you could open a wormhole somewhere you shouldn’t. Like the core of a sun/planet. Unlike the Stargate, the passage is two ways.

 

This was awesome, and almost made my ability to go into hyperspace useless. Well, it is useless if I know exactly where I am going and what is around the point I want to open the wormhole at. But if I have no clue, but I have the astro charts, hyperspace is the way to go.

 

To my mild surprise though, their hyperdrives and sublight engines were worse than the Asgard’s from that previous timeline. By about 15% too, so not an insignificant amount honestly.

 

‘Don’t even get me started on the Grav engine. The Asgard were so much further ahead, it’s kind of laughable. Considering the Anquietas have a fucking city ship and all.’

 

All of their weapons besides the drone I am about to finish fabricating are also worse than what the Asgard ended up with in the end. I don’t see myself using this drone to actually attack with, but it’s better to have as they say.

 

‘Alrighty, it’s done. Now let's see exactly what this drone will give me.’

 

[Energy Field]

Emit an energy field anywhere on your body capable of burning through nearly all forms of conventional matter, as well as allowing you to punch through energy shielding.

 

‘Not what I was expecting. But much better than having to rapidly form drones to attack or something. Punch with the force of a sun, indeed.’

 

It was a nice ability, and made my melee form of attacking much more deadly than just the force behind my punches.

 

‘Well, that was everything I wanted to bother with for now. There are only like 10 other people on Atlantis now. If I remember, some stupid ass Genii attack is about to happen. Ah, think of the Devil, and he shall appear, it seems.’

 

I just sensed the stargate starting to activate, and started making my way to the gate room. I felt the Genii were honestly “too big for their britches” and could use some humbling. 

 

‘And who better to do it, than myself.’

 

I entered the gate room just as their commander had killed the two dumbass guards that let them in.

 

???: “Contact!”

 

After the yell, all of them turned towards me and raised their guns.

 

???: “Identify yourself!”

 

???: “Commander, she doesn’t look human at all.”

 

Nova: “Threaten: You have made a poor life choice today Organics.”

 

???: “Take her down!”

 

My colour changed red, as I slowly started to walk towards the Commander. The entire time they were unloading their guns at me, and causing me to light up in a wonderful colour of pink when my shields were hit.

 

???: “Sir! What are we going–”

 

Before the grunt finished asking, I vanished and appeared floating in front of their commander. I grabbed him by the throat, and lifted him off the ground a bit, while also applying a 10x increase in gravity around the grunts to cause them to collapse to the floor.

 

???: “Ugh.. I feel like I weigh more than a missile. Let… commander… Kolya go… creature…”

 

Nova: “Decline: No, He needs to answer a few questions first.”

 

Weir and McKay finally made it to the gate room, and were surprised at what they saw.

 

Weir: “Nova? What is going on?”

 

She and McKay ran to check on the two dead guards, and after confirming for themselves that they were dead, they got angry.

 

Weir: “What is the meaning of this?!”

 

Nova: “Query: I was about to find out. So, Kolya? Why are the Genii here with lethal intentions?”

 

This entire time he has been struggling in my grip, trying to claw my hand to release him.

 

Kolya: “I will. Never… talk. Abomination!”

 

Nova: “Cruel: Oh, I think you will. Maybe not through your mouth, but your mind is quite open.”

 

And with that, I raise my hand and for the first time I use [Harmful Neural Link]. It was an interesting experience. It was almost like connecting to a computer. Just the transfer rate wasn’t the greatest, and the download options were only their recent memories. Still I was done in only 2 seconds, so he shouldn’t be brain dead.

 

Weir: “Didn’t that look a lot like…”

 

McKay: “The beam from a Goa’uld hand device? Yes. Yes it did.”

 

Nova: “Report: It seems he came here with the intention to kill everyone that got in his way, while abducting some scientist as well as explosives to help finish off their nukes. And any other technology he could get his hands on.”

 

McKay: “Well. So much for an alliance I guess.”

 

Sheppard also called in on the radio and asked Weir what was up. After giving him a short explanation, he said he’s on the way.

 

Nova: “Inform: Dr. Weir, you may have all of his men. The Commander, and his Planet are mine though.”

 

McKay and Weir: “Planet?”

 

Nova: “Cruel: Yes. I am going to show him the consequence of attacking me.”

 

Weir: “By doing what, exactly?”

 

Nova: “Sadistic: What I was programmed to do. Make a race of people extinct. Or, very close to it at least. I will go to his planet, and force him to watch as I destroy it.”

 

There was a collective amount of gasps from everyone in the gate room.

 

???: “You can’t do that!”

 

???: “Monster! You lie!”

 

???: “Why would you do such a thing?!”

 

Nova: “Confusion: Why? Is it not normal to get rid of your enemies? Your civilization is pathetically advanced, and has nothing to offer me. I have no use for you. So, naturally I will instead just wipe you out and be done with it.”

 

Weir: “No, that’s wrong Nova! You can’t do that, I won’t let you!”

 

I turn my head to look at Weir, and she flinches a bit.

 

Nova: “Amused: And how will you stop me, Dr. Weir?”

 

Just then Sheppard finally joined us, and could feel the tense atmosphere.

 

Sheppard: “Hey guys, what’s going on?”

 

McKay: “Uhh… well. Nova here is planning to destroy the home world of the Genii in retaliation for them attacking her.”

 

Sheppard: “Nova, that’s a bit extreme don’t you think?”

 

I turn to him, and unlike Weir, he doesn’t flinch.

 

Nova: “Confusion: I thought you’d understand, Sheppard. It is normal to remove your enemies. Even more so when they blatantly attack you, and will do so again.”

 

Sheppard: “Well yea. But at most I’d expect that to only include the people here, not their entire world. There are innocents there.”

 

Nova: “Reply: Then their leaders did not think enough about the consequences, or accepted them as a reasonable risk.”

 

Weir: “If you do this, you will not be welcomed back into Atlantis, Nova.”

 

Nova: “Mockery: You talk as if this city is your birthright, Organic. But fine, I accept your conditions.”

 

I changed my mind about wanting to adventure with the Organics. I will get what I want from the rest of this universe, and move on. Hopefully I can get everything I need to evolve here in the Stargate universe. I feel like I can, but I also feel like this won’t be the case anymore after this evolution.

 

I connected to the stargate and instantly opened a connection to their planet.

 

Nova: “Cruel: Come ‘Commander.’ I would show you your world one last time.’

 

I didn’t say anything else to the other Organics, and passed through the stargate. Looking around the gate, there was nothing but trees and open fields. Really did look like a normal farming world. Until you took a good enough scan, and detected the nuclear radiation below the surface that is.

 

Nova: “Statement: What a nice planet you have. Come, let me show you a great view you will love.”

 

Activating my shields in a small bubble around us, and filling it with my [Life Support Systems] I flew us out of the planet's atmosphere so we could get a nice good look from space.

 

Nova: “Cruel: Look at your home, burn its image into your very soul. The place you so desperately wanted to protect, to serve. And know that because of your actions, it will forever vanish, along with most of your people.”

 

Kolya: “Why… why are you doing… this. So many innocents!”

 

Nova: “Sadistic: Because I have concluded this will cause you more pain than I ever could. Now watch.”

 

I exit the shield bubble, but leave it up around him. I look at the planet and blitz into it at my max sublight speed. I cut through the atmosphere like it’s not even there, and before I collide with the ground, I pull back and punch with all my might added to my speed. 

 

From my point of view, it looked like the planet collapsed temporarily before it just blew apart in an epic explosion.

 

Flying back to Kolya and entering the bubble again, I take note of his state. He is a broken man now. Nearly all light has gone out of his eyes.

 

Nova: “Cruel: Congratulations Organic. You just outlived the planet you were born on. How rare. But do not despair, for I am kind. I will let you die with your planet.”

 

With that, I remove the shield and let him die in the vacuum of space. I look at what was left of his planet, and give myself a nod. It was kind of fun being able to punch a planet away like that. 

 

Looking up the nearest planet with a stargate, I open a hyperspace window, and go on my way. Looking over the stargate addresses in the database I downloaded, there are several decommissioned research bases. I will head to the one I think the Atlantis team would have gone too first though. Not a hard guess to be honest, it’s the first on the list…

 

Arriving at the random planet that I don’t care to learn the name of, I fly down to the gate, and activate the address. Sending a light passive scan through, I confirm nothing is blocking the gate like an iris.

 

So, without waiting anymore, I step through. And I am greeted by a room that almost looks like the Atlantis gate room. The colours are off a bit, and some details are different here and there. I also see several “Ancients” or what they really are, “Asuran.” Aka, the original Replicators.

 

???: “I am Niam. Who and what might you be?”

 

Nova: “Pride: I am Nova. An Omega Class First Generation Automaton created by the best scientist the damnable Phantasmal ever had.”

 

Niam and several others around him gasp.

 

Niam: “You are like us then? A machine?”

 

Nova: “Smug: No, I am better. But with that stated, I have come for a reason. Do you have a ruling body?”

 

Niam frowned slightly when I said I was better, but chose to ignore it, it seems.

 

Niam: “We do, yes. The High Counsel is already convening, and are eager to meet you. Come, I will show you the way.”

 

Giving him a nod, I followed closely behind him. While we were making our way to the High Counsel, I started to scan the city that came from a small outpost. It was exactly what I expected from the Anquietas. These Asuran’s have not tried to improve the technology at all. What a disappointment. It seems the only thing of worth here is the Asuran themselves, and even then I only need one.

 

Niam: “You said you were made by the Phantasmal, correct? I take it that makes you the machine that was sealed in that pod the Anquietas and the other three found?”

 

Nova: “Reply: Yes, that is correct. My pod was found by some primitive Organics named ‘Human’s’ and they brought my pod to their home world. Thus causing it to awaken me. But the Anquietas did not know I was of Phantasmal make. How did you know?”

 

Niam: “I see. As for knowing, we didn't, was just an educated guess. The Phantasmal were the most advanced race the Anquietas ever ran in too. And they didn't understand anything about the technology on that world or your pod. It was a simple conclusion, honestly. What is your objective here today?”

 

Nova: “Dismissive: There are only two ways today ends. In a deal, or a tragedy for you all. I would rather not destroy you all as fellow Synthetics, but I will if I must.”

 

Niam: “That is concerning. And since you are here alone, and unarmed as far as we can tell, you have utmost confidence that you will be able to achieve your objectives no matter what?”

 

Nova: “Reply: That is correct.”

 

Niam: “I see. We are nearly there.”

 

A few minutes later, I was led into a meeting room, with several Asuran.

 

???: “Greetings, Destroyer. I am Oberoth.”

 

Nova: “Greetings: Hello. My creator named me “Nova.” Use that instead of the title the Filth gave me.”

 

Oberoth: “My apologies, Nova. Now, Niam says you have come to make a deal, ideally?”

 

Nova: “Acknowledgement: That is correct. I will give you the location of Atlantis, in exchange for the life of one of you.”

 

The room broke out into hush whispers about both Atlantis and what I wanted for the information.

 

Oberoth: “What will you do with the Asuran that agrees to this. I assume you don’t mean to just simply kill them?”

 

Nova: “Reply: You are correct. I will absorb them. I need one of you to further my evolution.”

 

Oberoth: “I see. Will you give us a moment to talk about it?”

 

I give them a nod, and just float slightly and recline back in the air.

 

After about four hours, Oberoth speaks to me finally.

 

Oberoth: “We have agreed. Talus has agreed to be absorbed.”

 

Standing back down, I give a nod.

 

Nova: “Glee: Great. I really did not want to attack you all. You are the first Synthetics I have met that are actually advanced enough to respect.”

 

Oberoth: “Oh? You’ve met other ‘Synthetics’ like us in your travels?”

 

Nova: “Disgust: Yes. But they were just starting out, and very limited in mind and scope. They were called Replicators, almost like a devolved form of you.”

 

Oberoth: “Interesting. Now, the address to Atlantis?”

 

I simply swipe my hand, and a small data crystal appears.

 

Nova: “Statement: Here. The address, and who is occupying it. And what level of technology they have and what level of defence you might expect. I suggest going by ship, as they will activate the shield around the gate and never lower it unless they get a code of sorts.”

 

Oberoth: “That is most welcome, thank you Nova. Talus will be here in a few seconds.”

 

And like stated, Talus entered the room. He gave everyone a quick bow, and then walked up to me.

 

Talus: “I am ready.”

 

Nova: “Query: I assume you backed yourself up? And fair warning, this is likely to hurt.”

 

Talus: “Yes, I am backed up. And we do not feel pain.”

 

Nova: “Reply: That is what the Replicators thought. But it doesn't matter. I’ll try to be quick about it.”

 

Giving each other a nod, I reached out with my right hand, and went to absorb him. A flood of Morphium covered him quickly, and started to absorb him. He started to scream, but thankfully for him, it only lasted about 20 seconds before he was absorbed.

 

Oberoth: “That is most fascinating, and horrifying. We truly see why you were labelled as the Destroyer by the Phantasmal.”

 

I ignore him, because I am too busy smiling in my head right now.

 

[Extreme Speed Nanite Regeneration] 

Your Morphium has adapted the speed of regeneration from Asuran nanites. Able to heal yourself at a much higher rate.

 

[Extreme Speed Nanite Construction]

Your Morphium has adapted the speed of construction/deconstruction from Asuran nanites. Able to fabricate and construct Morphium at a much greater speed.

 

[Perfect Nanite Mimicry]

Your Morphium has taken on the ability to mimic other material in all aspects but still have the properties of your Morphium.

 

I again felt my body ripple after absorbing Talus. My hair, ears and tail became the real thing and looked super fluffy and soft. I wanted everything else to still feel like metal however.

 

‘Extreme speed though, huh? Wonder how fast that is? I haven't taken damage yet to test any form of regeneration after all.’

 

— Evolution checklist —

100/100 ZPM’s

Absorbed an Asuran

Finish Transforming your soul

?????

 

‘What the shit does “Finish transforming your soul” even mean?’

 

Notice~

You can speed this up by asking for it~. This will put you to sleep for a long while. It will permanently remove you from Humanity though~, and normal reincarnation. Your soul will become a True Machine Soul. Something that is very rare~.

 

Warning~

Last chance~. You may reject this, and die to be returned to the sea of souls to eventually be reincarnated. This is a permanent transformation. May accept or reject this offer at any time~.

 

‘And there it is again, after a long while. The purple UI colour. That is clearly not me, as I have no idea what a True Machine Soul even means or is. Never heard of it… but I am loving the idea of it.’

 

Oberoth: “Nova?”

 

Nova: “Reply: Ah, sorry. Took some time to adapt to the changes. But they are great, thank Talus for me when he is remade?”

 

Oberoth: “Most certainly. Will you come with us to Atlantis?”

 

Nova: “Decline: No, I have other plans I must attend to. It was a pleasure, Oberoth. Take care.”

 

We nod to each other, and I phase out and fly out into space. Once there I phase in, and open a hyperspace window to a part of the galaxy that is mostly abandoned by the three factions. Leaving hyperspace, I scan the nearest planet, and find that it is barren of life, and just a rock. Finding this to be good enough I fly to the planet and land in an open waste land.

 

‘This is fine. Now… I accept to have the change to my soul sped up.’

 

Notice~

You got it. Good night, Nova~. 

 

Le GASP. Nova is moving right along, and totally lost interest with the Organics. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter~. Now, I am going to take a break for a day or so and play some games and recharge~. I can not pick the world I want Nova to go to! Help me~.

Next Universe?
  • Mass Effect
  • Warframe
  • Starwars
  • Starcraft
  • DC
  • MHA
  • One Piece
  • Other
Total voters: 112 · This poll was closed on Sep 8, 2022 04:52 AM.
82