Chapter 3: A new name for a new beginning
110 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bright light of the sun shines in through the window, illuminating the room. The bright light awakened me from my sleep. The bed I was sleeping on was different from yesterday. It was more firm and soft. I wished I could continue laying down here

 

Beside me was bear-san. It seems like he is still asleep. Maybe he was tired from yesterday. I wonder what they did yesterday, It seems like they were arguing.

 

I crawl out of bed so as not to disturb bear-san. It seems inappropriate to disturb him after all.

 

“@&($( (!**#) @(*#!*((#@()$”

 

The sudden voice of bear-san startled me quite a bit. Even until now I still couldn’t understand their actions. I tilted my head in confusion while looking at him. His incomprehensible words are really something I can’t understand. Maybe I should learn it in order to understand them?

 

~Grrrr

 

The sound of my stomach echoed in the closed room. It was quite loud seeing that bear-san noticed it as well. He let out a small smile before standing up. He dressed himself in some light clothing before bringing me to another room.

 

The room was surrounded in bright green ornaments with ceilings as high as the sky. The light from the sun shone through the windows illuminating the room. The floor is covered is shining pieces of flat stone. Reflecting the light coming from the windows.

 

The strong smell of food lingers in the air, making my mouth drool with each passing second. I was seated at a large table consisting of other seats that were left empty. I was given a wooden plate and a weird tool similar to a pitchfork but smaller. Bear-san sat beside me.

 

The smell of meat grew stronger over the time I was waiting. A girl soon appeared from another room bringing a plate full with food. The dish was placed in front of me, tempting me to take a bite out of it. I stared at bear-san before touching it.

 

He took the weird tool and poke it in the dish, shredding the meat apart with brute force. He brought the food to my face.

 

I took a bite and after another. The dish was really fulfilling. When was the last time I managed to get such good food?

 

Streams of tears rolled down my cheeks as I devoured the meal before my eyes. It was delicious. Truly delicious…

 

~Ahh

 

So that was it…

 

The only thing I was missing. My family…


I was hit by the sudden sense of nostalgia. When was the last time I could enjoy such a meal?

I can’t remember their faces nor their names yet I knew they were always there. Always there by my side.

 

Are they still alive? Are they well? Will…

 

Will I remember them once I see them again?

 

Thousands of questions flooded my head as I slowly ate the meal before me. Stream of never ending tears rolled down my cheeks.

 

How I wished I could see them again. Even if it’s one last time.

 

Bear-san took the clothes from his pocket, wiping my face full of tears and stains of food.

I never knew my father. I couldn’t even remember his appearance nor existence in the fragmented memory of mine. I never even had the chance to ask my mother. Will I know my answers if I meet her again?

 

I left the room along with bear-san after finishing my meal. I met the girl who took care of me previously. It seems like she stayed here as well. The smile of hers towards bear-san made me curious at what their relationship is.

 

“!@# #@#!%(*@#(!”

“(@(#$#@($@#$(!$&!^@*&$!@!@%!”

 

They both talked to one another as if it was a greeting. I couldn’t help but stare at their conversation amused. Trying to understand a single bit of their conversation.

 

“(#*$(*! (!@*($(!&@#*^$*!*”


“@#($(*@($(# **(#@$*(@(@#$”

 

The girl looked at me before saying something else. I was brought by bear-san along with the girl to another room. Detached from the current house.

 

She made some weird gesture with her hand towards me.

 

“Elisa”

 

She pointed at herself before pointing her finger towards bear-san.

 

“Ryan”

 

I stared at her in confusement. Wondering what she is doing. Her unknown  gesture along with weird pronunciation of incomprehensible words threw me off. 

 

“E-li-sa”

 

“R-yam”

 

I repeat after their words one by one. I may have fumbled a little bit at the beginning but over time I got used to it. It seems to be an introduction of themselves.

 

I pointed my finger at each of them before calling their respective names. I fumbled quite a lot at bear-san real name.

 

Bear-san or Ryan seemed proud at the fact I could call out their names. He plastered a smile across his face, making it seem like he just accomplished something difficult.

 

Elisa pointed a finger at me before doing the same gesture again. Perhaps it was a way to introduce myself?


I shaked my head, refusing to tell them my name. It's not like I wouldn’t want to introduce myself. I just can’t remember my name at all.

 

Bear-san pondered on himself for a moment. He pointed at me before saying some words that I still couldn’t understand.

 

“@$!*($!(*$(!*$(*$!@ @*&*(!@&$, Ryin”

(From today onwards, your name is Ryin)

 

Ryin….

 

Is this my new name from today onwards?

 

As expected dialogue ain't really my areas of specialties

3