Chapter Three : Berserkers – Of Faith And Artifice (3)
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Shiro, Shuichi, And Duo…..

 

 “Kengo is fighting Masato?!” Shiro slammed his hands on the table as he glared angrily at the calm Shuichi who just casually mentioned that to him.

 

 “Yeah. A friend took him thee. The fight is happening in the main ring of the Colosseum right now.” Shuichi continued to speak, not caring how angry Shiro was getting with him about the current situation Masato and Kengo were in.

 

 “The main ring? All alone? I thought you’d arranged for him to be taken somewhere safe!” Shiro felt his stomach was twisting as he thought about how Masato was currently doing at the moment. 

 

 “He probably felt like he had to do something. Being proactive is a good thing.” Shuichi was nodding his head, feeling proud of himself for “helping” out Masato by taking him to the Colosseum.

 

 “Why didn’t you tell me?! Answer me now, Shuichi!” Shiro was getting even more angry at how casual Shuichi was acting at the moment. He felt the urge to hit him on the head with his book, just like what he does with Kengo whenever he acts stupid. 

 

 “For your sake, Shiro.” Shuichi told that to Shiro seriously causing him to become shock, his anger disappearing for a moment as he tried to understand what Shuichi was talking about.

 

 “At the very least, I wanted to get you away from the Ikebukuro Guild. You lack what they would call courage. Isn’t that what their butler, the white lion, told you? That you didn’t have the guts. I concur with that analysis.  Don’t misunderstand me though. Courage of that nature is unnecessary to people like us. I’ll be blunt. There’s no point in you going there. In a place like that, where violence rules all, you would be useless to everyone. In fact, you’d be a hindrance.” Shiro grew quiet at Shuichi harsh words, a frown appearing on his face. He couldn’t come up with anything to defend himself, seeing as it was something true.

 

 “That isn’t the kind of battlefield you belong on. We intellectuals are better suited to fighting on the theoretical plane. We stand on the home front and oversee the course of events. We are the chess masters who make wise moves with our pieces. We all have our own role to play that can’t be entrusted to another.” Shiro was still quiet as Shuichi continue to talk, his hand tightly in fists. His hands slowly loosen and he look directly in Shuichi's eyes. 

 

 “Thank you, Shuichi. For a moment there, I was furious, but I’m fine now. I understand. Thanks to your words, I found a calm. For that, I am grateful.” Shiro has his usual serious expression on his face but his eyebrows weren’t as wrinkle as before.

 

 “Hm? What do you mean?” Shuichi was surprised about Shiro changed in attitude, expecting him to be either more angry or just upset about being called a coward to his face.

 

 “You speak calmly, logically, and correctly. Besides, I can tell you are genuinely concerned for my well-being. You’re trying really hard to recruit me, aren’t you?” Shiro bluntly asked that and Shuichi smile wide at that nodding his head in agreement. 

 

“Yes. I didn’t lie to you about that. I have a high regard for your abilities. If possible, I want you to be my right-hand man at the Hongo Guild.” As soon as Shuichi said that Duo look at him from the corner of his eyes, a flash of something passing through his eyes before he went back to being indifferent with everything.

 

 “Allow me to reiterate. I am extending you an invitation, Shiro. I want you to join the Wisemen. We will welcome you at the executive level. We preside overall information generated in Tokyo. I promise you this kind of intellectual stimulation won’t be found elsewhere.” Shiro slowly nods his head at what Shuichi was saying to him, listening to what he was saying seriously.

 

 “It’s an honor to receive such a positive evaluation. I really am flattered that you hold me in such high esteem. However, I must humbly turn down your offer.” Shuichi frown at Shiro's rejection, which seems strange on his usually smiling face.

 

 “May I ask why?” Shuichi was looking at Shiro with a serious expression on his face and Shiro nod his head, agreeing to tell him the reason why he was rejecting the invitation. 

 

 “It is as I said before. Your words have given me the conviction to fight in my own way. Just as you said, I’m not adept in matters of violence. I’m prone to turning away at the sight of blood. That’s why I decided to fight in the way I know best. To protect those I love.  I hope to become stronger someday, and gain courage of my own…. But this isn’t the time for that. In the meantime, I’ll do what I can.” Shuichi didn’t say anything as Shiro let out his honest feelings to Shuichi, just looking at him with an unreadable look in his eyes.

 

 “From here on out, please consider this a debate, Shuichi. Let us pit our wits and words against one another. I will tell you the theory I have formed from the information you’ve given me. You’re connected with the upper echelon of the Ikebukuro Guild. I don’t know with whom, or by what means…. At the very least, you are able to negotiate with them in some way, are you not?” Shiro was staring down the still frowning Shuichi. Shuichi was quiet for a while before a smile appear back on his face.

 

 “Oh? What reason might you have saying that?” Shuichi put his head in his hand as he stared at Shiro with interest, wanting to hear what else Shiro had to say.

 

 “You’ve deftly hidden all signs of such a connection during our discussion thus far. Informing me that your Sacred Artifact can read your opponents’ memories laid the groundwork for the deception. You wanted me to know you had such a Sacred Artifact so that I wouldn’t suspect whatever knowledge you shared. Thus, you planted that information. Then you said that at the very least, you wanted to get me away from the Ikebukuro Guild. Those words were more personal, born of emotion, and that was what convinced me my suspicion was correct. To say such a thing, you must have some foreknowledge of what is about to happen at the Ikebukuro Guild.  But something wasn’t right. You said that the Ikebukuro Guild is located in an underground bastion. There’s no way you could’ve gotten close enough to their upper echelon to activate the App when they’re protected by a Portal. I considered the possibility of you being able to read minds from far away… But you went out of your way to instigate a battle with us as your allies, so your Sacred Artifact couldn’t have such an extensive reach. Besides, it’s hard to imagine that someone who’d build an underground bastion would fail to anticipate information warfare. In other words… You were able to obtain information directly from someone in the upper echelon of the Ikebukuro Guild. Not through your Sacred Artifact, but through pure negotiation.” Shuichi smiled even wider as he slowly claps his hands at what Shiro just said, not looking concerned at all.

 

 “I see that my goodwill toward you has worked against me. Haha… I still have a long way to go. You display a tendency to overestimate your opponents’ abilities, but you’re mostly right. Ah, Shiro. As reluctant as I am to admit, you are a fine debater. I’m just relieved you’re not foolish enough to dash out of here and rush into the clutches of the Ikebukuro Guild alone.” Shuichi praise Shiro for figuring out what was happening and Shiro didn’t show any type of happiness of being praise, still looking at Shuichi with a serious look.

 

 “I would if it were possible...But by the sounds of it, the trap laid for Kengo is in its final stages. Going solo would be the worst thing I could do now. My being taken hostage would only exacerbate the situation. I’d just be used as a bargaining chip for blackmail.” Shiro frown as he thought about the situation that would without a doubt happen if he went to the Ikebukuro Guild to help out Masato and Kengo.

 

 “Haha. I’m really starting to enjoy this, Shiro.” Shuichi chuckle at Shiro's serious expression, enjoying the conversation they were currently having with each other.

 

 “Well then, let us resume the debate. We’re just getting started, Shuichi. If I can learn what is likely to transpire, there may be something I can do, even from afar. I plan to do all that is within my power to protect those two, using whatever information I can draw out of you!” Shiro hands tighten into fists again as he stared at Shuichi with his serious eyes.


Back To The Colosseum….

 

 “Raaaaaaaagh!” Kengo fist is surrounded by lighting as he threw another hit at Masato who blocks it with the flat edge of his Sword. He is pushed back as the force of Kengo punch moved him. He quickly swung his Sword at Kengo who block it. The fight between them is intense as both of them don’t let up from each other.

 

 In the stands watching the fight is Horkeukamui, who is just silently looking at the fight between Masato and Kengo with no expression on his face. Nomad walks up to the silent Horkeukamui, in a new pair of clothing. 

 

 “Yo, Horkeukamui. You had to see this before you left, huh?” Horkeukamui looks over to Nomad, nodding his head in greeting before looking back at the fight. “Hello Nomad. Yes, I was interested.” Horkeukamui eyes were looking at Masato with interest as he continues to fight Kengo.

 

 “So how do you see this match ending? In your opinion, of course.” Nomad nods towards the fight, seeing that both Masato and Kengo were both getting equally hurt during the fight.

 

 “It’s a wonderful match. Even though Masato’s opening moves were too full of emotion…. Each swing of his sword bears just the right combination of passion and composure. That one has a powerful sword arm. So much can be learned by pitting one’s full force against one’s opponent’s, just as we see demonstrated here. Holding an opponent in high esteem allows for a freedom of strength in each blow, as one trusts that the other can take it. There are a variety of ways a hero can connect with others, through their words, their actions, their battles… This is truly the battle of a hero. As I thought, that one… is truly fit to be a hero.” Horkeukamui was looking at Masato with gentle eyes and Nomad let out a awkward cough, trying to get Horkeukamui attention again.

 

 “I was asking about the battle itself, not one specific fighter.” Horkeukamui look away, embarrassed, from Nomad. “You really are fascinated by his, aren’t you? No need to be shy. I know exactly how you feel.” Nomad pat Horkeukamui on his shoulder with a smirk on his face.

 

 “If you look at this match objectively, No. 6 has more innate strength. He’s a natural-born gladiator. He has a talent for fighting. Under normal circumstances , No. 6 would be sure to win. But… A hero can easily turn around poor circumstances. That’s why they’re a hero. When a hero is faced with a battle they mustn’t lose… They stand their ground to the very end, never yielding an inch. It is not technique, nor is it about strength. They fight with the will in their hearts. Even should they be crushed by sheer force, should they be cut down by superior technique… A hero’s heart will never falter. That is why they will never fall… not even in a hundred battles.” Horkeukamui eyes didn’t leave Masato as he said this, eyes filled with admiration.

 

 “Oh, brother. You really have a thing for that one.” Nomad cheek grew red as he listen to Horkeukamui praise Masato so earnestly.


Back With Masato And Kengo….

 

 Hah….Hahahaha! I’m so stupid. I really am. Shiro was right. I figured out way too late how serious you are, Masato. After fighting with you, I finally understand. You just won’t quit!” Kengo attacks increased as he went faster. Some of them manage to land a hit on me but I block the other ones.

 

 “You’ve really come all this way just for Shiro and me, with no other motive? You’re seriously putting your life on the line for us… How stupid are you?! We just met! Why would you go this far for me?!”  I clench my teeth tight against each other as Kengo attack grew even heavier against my Sword. 

 

 “I’d get it if it was just about Shiro! I don’t know what went on between you… But something happened when I wasn’t around, right?! Something worth risking your life for! So sure, you’d do this for a friend you care about that much! I get it! Though I wish I didn’t… And yet… You’re actually, seriously… trying to save me, too?! Why are you such an idiot?!” Kengo's eyes look like they were teary up but I couldn’t see it. I just push forward with my Sword and increased the forced in my swing, hoping the feelings I am trying to get across to him will finally reach him.


With Nomad and Horkeukamui….

 

 “Nomad… I plan to train in the mountains.” Horkeukamui said that to Nomad who look surprised at that information, raising his eyebrow at Horkeukamui in confusion. “The mountains? Why on earth would you go somewhere like that?”

 

 “They are my birthplace, the origin of my soul. There, I will train myself once more. I realize now that I am still green. I must learn to still my body at all times. Even at this very moment, I shake with fiery heat. I can feel my soul being violently dragged toward the commotion of the ring. You were right, Nomad. I will never be able to forget…” Horkeukamui turns to leave but stops when Nomad calls out to him in confusion. “What about the match? Aren’t you going to stay till the end?”

 

 “There is no need. I already know the outcome.” Horkeukamui smiles to himself as he continue to leave, Nomad looking at him back with a confused expression.


 With Masato And Kengo….

 

 “I didn’t stand a chance. I don’t have the chops to keep up this crappy act. Even a pathetic wuss like Shiro was able to fend off these unwilling fists of mine. If we ever have the chance to fight again, Masato… I’ll show you what I’m really made of. I’m better than this. Damn… This is so damn embarrassing!  You only ever have one first fight…. and I totally blew it. But it ain’t over yet! At least let me show you my true strength! I’m gonna show you what I’ve got, so don’t back down, Masato!” Kengo slowly takes up a stance with a fist thrust out in front of him. He is poised to exert all of his power, to pour all of his weight and strength into a single blow. 

 

 “Here is the full strength of Takabushi Kengo!” I could see a bunch of lighting gather on Kengo fist and I could feel the air around us grow tense. I even my breathing as I look at the attack growing near Kengo.

 

 When it finally came near me I tighten my hand on my Sword and move quickly as I cut through both the attack and Kengo. I could hear a bunch of cheering that sound like it was moving farther away from me and my vision was growing blurry again.

 

 The Sword in my hand disappears and I collapse on the floor, hearing Kengo calling out my name in concern.

 

 After a while of darkness I woke up in a room again. I slowly sat up in the bed, flinching at how sore my body felt. I look over me and I felt my eyes brighten when they connect with a smirking Kengo.

 

 “You finally awake? You slept way too much, Masato. Jeeze. You won, so what’d you go and collapse for? Why am I the one looking after you? Heh….Hahahaha! It’s odd. I can’t seem to leave you alone. Phew… I think whatever weird frenzy I was possessed with went away after you took me out.” Kengo rubs behind his head with a embarrassed look on his face, avoiding looking directly at me.

 

 “I may as well tell you the whole story. Here’s what went down….” Kengo sat back in the chair he was in and told me everything that happen to him up until now. I was rather surprised that he knew he was being baited by the people in the Guild. 

 

 “Kengo… Did you know you were being baited this whole time?” If he knew this I wonder why he didn’t leave the Guild right away? Everyone was basically against him yet he still stays. ‘Is he really an idiot….?

 

 “It’s true. I dove headfirst into the trap. In the beginning, I just got carried away, but I could tell they were overestimating me. I was sure I was being taking advantage of when I made it to Ranker. Andvari came to me and gave me some money. I found out just how much bank you can make as a Ranker. Bathym trained me…. And their flattery didn’t even feel half bad. But it wasn’t just those two… There were others I suspected, too. Of course, not everyone had ulterior motives… I don’t really know how to tell the difference anymore. At first, I was really happy, y’know? Honest. That’s all there was to it. And then I won so much coin that I got greedy… I thought I could make my dream come true… I wanna know what’s outside Tokyo. It’s been sealed off ever since I was born. My dreams…lies outside the boundaries of Tokyo. I wanna fight super strong guys somewhere I’ll be acknowledged. At school, no one cares how strong I am, y’know? I know I belong outside that ugly wall around Tokyo. But you know what? When my stupid excitement led me to the point of no return… I finally got it.” Kengo looks down at the palms of his hands as he continues. 

 

 “After dragging Shiro into this, I felt like I lost the right to belong. I had good intentions, but everything I did to keep him away from this mess… In the end, it all worked against me. Lesson learned! Don’t do stuff you’re not cut out for!” Kengo lets out a single sigh and looks down at the screen of my phone, which causes me to nervously wonder if he saw any of my pictures on it.

 

 “Someone’s calling you. I had a feeling it’d comin’ soon. Forget about me. I’m not your problem. I’ll take care of myself. Shiro used to say that a lot when we were kids. You know what I mean, so don’t bother asking, Masato. I wanna keep my pride… even if it’s too late to do that where you’re concerned. Can you do me a favor? Can you protect that bookworm for me? You’re strong. Much, much stronger than me. You’re the only one I can count on. See ya. I wish we could’ve met sooner, Masato.” Kengo left the room, not looking back at me. I wanted to go after him but my body felt way too sore so I just laid in the bed until my body was okay to move again. 

 

 I got up from the bed after a while and left the room I was in. I was walking around trying to find Kengo, to try and talk him out of what he was going to do. After a while of wandering, I ended back in the Unranked waiting room. Before I could continue to look for Kengo my phone started to ring.

 

 “A phone call? Even though we’re underground? It’s a call coming from the App… Is it Shiro?” I answer the call and put my phone to my ear. Once the call connected I heard a familiar voice.

 

 “Masato, is that you? It’s me, Shiro. The current situation requires quick action. I already have an idea of what’s going on right now, so please just tell me what’s happening in your immediate vicinity.” Hearing Shiro's serious tone I quickly retold him what has happened to me in the Guild and what Kengo told me as well.

 

 “I see. Understood. Thank you, Masato. The most important thing right now is for both of us to remain calm. Please follow the instructions I’m about to give you. Trust me on this.” I listen seriously to what Shiro is telling me. Once he told me everything I ended the call and started to look for two people I needed for this plan.

 

 I found them rather quickly, talking with each other. They notice me and wave me over. I had a glare on my face as I got closer to them. I was still pissed at them for lying to me. But I had to put that aside for now.

 

 “Hey, if it isn’t Masato! But why the scary face? What’s wrong?” I just increased my glare and Andvari avoided making eye contact with me. I crossed my arms in front of me and didn’t say anything. Just let my eyes give them the answers. Bathym pouts once he realizes why I was so mad.  “Aww, what? Did you find out?”

 

 “I thought we could keep you outta the loop a little longer. Don’t take it personally.” I was tapping my foot as I continue to glare at them, not feeling better after what Andvari just said, and they were awkwardly avoiding my eyes as they realize I wasn’t relaxing in my anger.

 

 “Hey, come on! Don’t look so mad. It’s a waste of that pretty face!” I felt my face grow hot as Bathym wink at me. Even though I was mad at him I couldn’t forget how attractive I found him.

 

 “I wanna talk to you guys.” I didn’t tell them right away what I wanted to talk to them about. I was still mad at them so I wanted them to get nervous as they wonder what I wanted to speak to them about.

 

 “What? You wanna talk? Hm… Not if you’re just gonna take your anger out on me.” Bathym and Andvari both took on defensive positions and I could only uncross my arms then let out a sigh, my anger disappearing.

 

 “That’s not my intent. I’ve got an idea that’s super exciting… Not to mention good for business.” I smile wide once I saw that both of their interest perked at what I just said. Bathym had the same look when he was talking about eating my soul and Andvari basically had coins appearing in his eyes.

 

 “Oh? A super exciting idea? Now, this I gotta hear, Masato.” Bathym moves in closer to me, his eyes still looking at me with an excited gleam in them.

 

 “Business, eh? I like the sound of that! Let’s hear it!” Andvari also moves in closer to me as well and I couldn’t help but smile, feeling pleased that Shiro's plan was going in the right direction.

 


Behind The Guild….

 

 “Gah!” Kengo is knockdown to the ground as he is hit. He is all dirty and cover in bruises. He tried to get up from the ground but is stop when a foot is put on his back, causing him to let out a pained grunt.

 

 “Even in a weakened state, you still put up quite a fight, No. 6! Don’t look so surprised. You must’ve been aware of our plans. Cut the crap already. Why didn’t you scram, anyway? I might’ve enjoyed hunting down a runaway. Still, I can’t believe you came at me head-on! You announced yourself and everything! And for what? To get your ass handed to you? You’re even dumber than I thought!” No. 3 continue to stomp on Kengo back, only stopping when he heard Kengo chuckle.

 

 “Heh. I knew you were behind it, No. 3. No one else would play this dirty!” Kengo got up into a kneeling position as he looked up at No. 3 with a smirk on his face. No. 3 quickly glare at Kengo before punching him back down onto the ground causing Kengo to let out a pained grunt.

 

 “Whoops. My hands slipped. You ought to watch your mouth.” No. 3 had a dark smirk on his face as he stared down at Kengo, who was struggling to stand back up. Even though he was injured pretty badly Kengo tried not to show it on his face. “I just wanna know… Why bait people like this?” At Kengo question No. 3 let out a loud laugh as if Kengo said something funny.

 

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m going to build my own guild on the coin and power I’ve amassed! I’ll build my own impregnable fortress. After all, who doesn’t want to be their own ruler?” No. 3 shrugged his shoulder casually, not caring that Kengo was looking at him with a shocked expression.

 

 “That’s why you… dragged him...into this?!” Kengo was glaring hard at No. 3, feeling pissed off that Shiro was dragged into this for such a simple reason. 

 

 “Him? You mean that four-eyes? Heh. He should be grateful to even be fodder for me. That’s what I’m going to all the effort for, you see. My Sacred Artifact has the ability to steal strength.  I already collected your coin. Now I’ll take the puny power of your Sacred Artifact, too.” As No. 3 raised his Sacred Artifact to use it against Kengo, footsteps could be heard quickly approaching them.


Back With Masato….

 

 “Stop! That’s enough. Don’t move another muscle.” I tried to go to the injured Kengo side but was blocked by the many other people in the area. I glared at the man in front of him who I assume was the leader of the group. I ignore the shocked look Kengo was currently giving me, just staring down the spear-wielding man.

 

 “Masato?! You idiot! What’re you doing here? You have to protect Shiro… You promised me!” Kengo was getting angry with me but I couldn’t really calm him down at the moment, too busy watching the man in front of me. He was a rather burly man wearing a hoodie over a yukata. He had a bean necklace and hanging from his hoodie was a keychain of cute stuffed animals that seemed rather cute for him. ‘Is he also a gap moe…? No! Masato, focus on the main issue!’

 

 “Huh? Who the hell is that? Hey, Kirito. Who is that? Answer me. I didn’t receive a report about anyone like that.” In the shadow where the man was calling out to came the knife-wielding man who briefly looked at me before looking away.

 

 “...Who knows? I haven’t the faintest idea. My apologies, Oniwaka.” I didn’t know whether to feel okay or insulted that Kirito was basically pretending me and him never met before. ‘What an asshole. That's why your ass is short!’ I felt a shiver go down my back as the Kirito eyes connected with me and I tried not to look away quickly from him, wondering if he could hear why I just said in my head.

 

 “Tch. You’re useless! You just signed your own death warrant.” Oniwaka glares at Kirito, who just looks away from him with an unreadable expression on his face. I was wondering if they were friends or just have a boss and underling relationship.

 

 “Whatever. A friend of yours, I presume. Stay out of this, unless you want him to be scarred for life. Looks like a dimwit, anyway… Nobody with half a brain would come here alone…” Oniwaka started to close in toward me with his Spear in his hand, ready to use it against me but I only smirked when I heard incoming footsteps.

 

 “That’s where you’re wrong! Who said he came alone?!” Andvari came up behind me, his axe ready in his hand and Bathym wave at Oniwaka with a cheerful expression on his face. “Woohoo! Bathym in the house! That’s right! Don’t take your eyes off me, folks!” 

 

 “Andvari! Bathym! Good timing. Hurry up and…” Oniwaka stopped talking when Bathym raised a finger and waved it in front of him with a smile still on his face, causing Oniwaka to grow confused.  “Nuh-uh, Oniwaka. No can do.”

 

 “Why do you think we’d show up with this newbie?” At what Andvari said the smile on Oniwaka's face disappeared immediately and glared at us hard, finally catching on to what was happening. “Don’t tell me… you traitorous rats!” 

 

 “Aww, don’t put it like that… Besides, we were never really on your side to begin with.” Bathym raises his arm and, to my shock, he somehow attracts the beam of a spotlight. “I was just following along with the exciting script you gave me. I’m sure I told your messenger as much. Besides, you should know better than to trust a demon. You want our loyalty, you gotta lock us into a pact first, man. So, basically, I’ve decided to follow a new script now, see? Woo! It just happens to be way more awesome and cool! It’s got loads of potential!” Bathym threw a wink Oniwaka way, causing him to take a step toward him with a dangerous look in his eyes.

 

 “Sorry, but you know what? The dwarven scale always tips to the side with one more coin.” At Andvari words Oniwaka eyebrows shot up, looking at him in confusion.

 

 “I already gave you loads and loads of coins!” Andvari just shook his head at what Oniwaka said with a serious expression on his face. “I already gave you the receipt that says payment was received for propping up the gladiators you designated. Nowhere in our agreement did I sign up to be your goon.” Andvari took out what I assume was a copy of receipts and showed it to Oniwaka, who looked at it with an annoyed look.

 

 “Fine, I’ll give you more coins! So follow my orders!” Oniwaka motion to the coin that was to his side and I have to say it was a rather large amount of coins but Andvari only shook his with a smirk on his face.

 

 “You won’t have enough. Not even if you pay me all you got!” Andvari's words shocked Oniwaka and his expression grew ugly as he stared us down. I could see he was practically grinding his teeth together. “Right now, along with the right to challenge the No. 1, the No. 2 rank goes to Masato. In other words, since you’re No. 3, you stand below Masato.”

 

 “It can’t be!” Oniwaka's eyes grew sharp and for some reason it made him see rather unhuman but it didn’t stay like that for long, with him gaining control of his anger.

 

 “That’s right! And with all that fight money that skyrockets from the baiting practice you set up… Guess who makes more than you now! And guess who’s been promised every last coin of that fight money! Heehee! It’s a big bonus for me!” Andvari was basically beaming, thinking about all the money he was going to get, and I kind of wish I didn’t give him all the money, feeling a bit annoyed with how pleased he was.

 

 “So when it’s all said and done, we’re on Masato’s side now!” Andvari was standing next to me, practically puffing out his chest. I could only give him some acknowledgment, realizing that he was a rather reliable person when business is involved with money. 

 

“We’ll take out whatever peons are milling around! Go and do your thing! I’m about to part the seas on these twerps! Just call me Moses!” After Bathym said that the three of us jumped into the swarming mass of lackeys that surrounded Oniwaka and Kengo. 

 

 Andvari’s axe and Bathym’s kicks literally send goon after goon flying off into the distance. Meanwhile… I forge straight ahead to my goal… To Kengo’s side.


Back With Shiro, Shuichi, Duo….

 

 “He gave all of it away? That’s amazing… Masato sure is something.” Shuichi chuckled at the information Shiro gave him and Shiro just smiled to himself with gentle eyes as he thought about Masato.

 

 “I had no doubt that he could throw it all away without hesitation and forward. Shuichi, you gave me so much information. I feel only gratitude towards you. What is going to come to pass here in Tokyo… No one person will be able to stand up against it alone. I’ve made up my mind. This is the only way forward I see... that will protect the two of them. We’ll form our own guild. We will protect our own future!” Shiro said this with no hesitation toward Shuichi who only smiled at what Shiro decided to do in the end.

I am rather excited about the upcoming event on the game and I can't wait to play it! It will be totally fun! But I can wait a bit longer for it. Anyway, I hope this chapter was enjoyed and that everyone is healthy and safe. Bye-bye for now (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

1