Chapter Two: Clash Of The Divine Artifacts – Demons Of Shinjuku (2)
75 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 I slashed two of the demons with my sword causing them to let out a loud Screech!! As they fall to the ground.  As I did this the blonde haired student seeing the demons being attacked by me tried to run away quickly.  “R-Run! Get outta here!” The blonde student cried out trying to get away from the demons that were attacking him.

 

  The green haired student with tears in his eyes and trying to control the blood coming out of his stomach tries to back away from the demons surrounding him.  “Eek! T-There’s blood everywhere! We’re gonna. . . d-d-die!”  

 

  “Pfft. How pathetic! To think these are the same scoundrels who were so full of themselves earlier. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as seeing arrogant pests reduced to a blind panic!” I quickly smack him hard over his head when I was sure no one was going to attack me.

 

  “Oomph! Heeey! What was that smack for, Master? Such abuse!”  Salomon cover his head with his hands rubbing it with tears in his eyes and I just give him a little glare with no sympathy in my eyes. “I don’t like that kind of attitude so quit it and hurry up with telling me how to stop these little devils already you naughty butler.” 

 

  “Stop them? You mean those demons? Okay. . . Here goes. . . I have a theory, Master. I realized it mid-battle. . . but those things are not Stray Transients. It’s likely that they’re familiars summoned by a user who isn’t in the immediate vicinity. Unlike the more stable beings we call Transients, these guys have been temporarily summoned using the App. From the look of it, these morons tried to pick on the Summoner of those demons.”  Salomon nod his head as he put the pieces together.

 

  “The Summoner is gone now, though. It seems the familiars are fighting by themselves” I furrowed my brow together when I heard this.  “So it fine for the familiars to fight without their Summoner present?”  

 

  “Hm? Are they allowed to fight without a Summoner? Not a problem. In fact, it’s a very typical method of using a familiar. That way, you can go on the offensive from a safe location.”  I look Salomon up and down with a frown on my face. “Shouldn’t you be able to fight then Lil’ Salomon? Come on, turn big and scary like those demons.”

 

  “Me?! But I’m so very cute! I’m the perfect moral support for you, Master. My very existence is a cut above such common-place, run-of-the-mill familiars. Ahem.”   Salomon tugged at his suit jacket with a smug smile on his face and I just shake my head lightly.

 

  “On that note. . . allow me to answer your question. Familiars can’t make the decision to end a battle. To stop them, you need their Summoner to give the order. . . or you kill them! That would be the quickest, of course, since we don’t even know where the Summoner is. The identity of the enemy remains a mystery, and they have the advantage of numbers. You’d be killed, Master! And if that happens, it could be. . . problematic, to say the least.”  Salomon nod his head when he said this.

 

  The demons turned to look at us tilting their head causing a chill to go up my back. “Oh, now that gives me chills. . . They’re staring right at us!”  Salomon slowly move towards my back trembling under their stares.

 

  “Skreee. . . Ss-ss. . .sssu. . .mmo. . .ner. . .? You. . . enemy. . .? Yes. . . you are. . . Master’s. . .enemy! Eliminate Summoners! Eliminate! Eliminate all Master’s enemies! Phone! Source. . . of power! Take. . . phone! Destroy! DESTROY PHONE TO DESTROY POWER!”  The demons slowly started to surround me chanting Destroy Phone to Destroy Power causing me to back away slightly to give myself space to move.

 

  “Whaaat?! N-No, no way! We can’t let that happen! If your phone is destroyed, I’ll be-”  Salomon quickly stop himself his eyes looking over to me quickly. “I mean. . . you. . . won’t be able to return to your world, Master!”

 

  “WHAT?! You could have mentioned this sooner!”  I dodge an attack from one of the demons trying to get my phone and quickly slashed at them with my sword protecting my phone from them. 

 

 “The thing is, a true Summoner could open a Gate even without the App. But since it’s the App that allows you to act as a Summoner, you’ll be completely useless without your phone! What’s more, if your phone is destroyed, then all the data for the App will be lost, and . . .  Any Sacred Artifacts you’ve bonded with, all record of your summonings, and even the way back to your world will be gone!” Hearing this cause me to sweat nervously once I realize my phone being destroyed will be a horrible horrible thing.

 

  As I was lost in my thoughts the demons let out a loud Screeech and went to attack me causing me to raise my sword up to defend myself and quickly shield my phone from their line of sight. “Aaaah! They’re coming this way! They’re heading straight for your phone! Listen up, Master! You absolutely must protect it at all costs! I beg of you! There’s no calling customer service and asking to have your data restored! It’s on you to protect your phone!”  With sweat coming down my forehead I tightly gripped my sword and try to calm down my racing heart trying to ignore the worry in Salomon voice.

And here comes another chapter for this story! Well I am doing well but I am feeling so tired as hell from school (; ̄д ̄). Well I don't know how long the next chapter will take but who knows maybe I will stay up a couple nights just to finish the next chapter. . . Well that a problem for future me! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and show some love in some type of way. I don't care how you show the love to be honest. You could just send me a bunch of alien emojis and that would cause my heart to grow big. Well that all I have to say now so. . . . Bye Bye (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~!

1