Chapter 3
32 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being transported to a different world was an experience that took Capella's reality by storm. The idea that another world exists is a concept that many may not believe, herself included. However, the reality she witnessed said otherwise, leaving her no choice but to believe that she was in a different world, rather than being kidnapped by her father's enemies. The area she appeared in was a forest with trees taller than the Hyperion, with the shorter trees standing at 125 metres. The tree barks were sapphire, and the leaves were emerald in colour and texture, leaving Capella awestruck. She would later find out that the forest was called the Gemwood Cemetery, for good reasons, too.

After toning down her shock, she decided to find a way out of the woods to see if she could reach any form of civilisation. But she then realised that there were several issues she had to deal with before reaching civilisation. Firstly, she lacks direction or a map to work with. Secondly, she has no source of food and water, and the trees do not look like they produce anything eatable. Thirdly, she was not sure if she could communicate with the people of this world. Fourth, even if she could communicate, there was no guarantee that she would be helped. Fifth, she did not have a tent or any form of cover for when night fell. 

With all these problems to solve, Capella decided that it was better to find a water source so that at the very least she could survive for a week or two even if she did not have food. She only hoped that the water source would not attract wild predators, but that's just wishful thinking. Capella walked through the forest in the hope of quickly finding a water source to secure sustenance and possibly find civilisation. Villages are said to be mostly found downstream from a water source. So finding a water source may be the most important thing.

Capella continued walking through the forest of gem trees until she suddenly hid behind a tree and watched the tail end of what she assumed was a 25-metre-long snake. Capella's heart was beating wildly in fear that she might be noticed by the creature. She stayed hidden for what felt like half an hour before the tail of the creature finally vanished into the forest. Capella immediately ensured that she followed a completely different path in the hope that she would not run into whatever that was. She will come to later learn that her existence was noticed but was ignored as she was inconsequential and unworthy of even being an appetizer.

The sun gradually fell from the sky, and the time could be said to be 5:00 pm, only a few more hours before the sun completely sets. But this was just her assumption, as she lacked a proper method for telling the time. Capella started to panic a little as she was losing her only source of light and had yet to find a water source of any kind. But she soon calmed herself down, as she knew panicking would only make her less rational, which was unideal. She had to continue moving, and panicking would only slow her down. By the time twilight came, Capella was ready to just look for a cave of some kind to rest up for the night, but she soon found what looked like a village up ahead.

The gates leading to the village were old and broken, as if a bulldozer had rammed into them. The fence was barely standing; sections of it were collapsing and eroding. Capella passed through the broken gates into the village. The village appeared deserted. She could see no one on the street, and the houses looked deserted. She kept walking until she got to what seemed to be an altar in the centre of the village. It was placed in the centre of a circular stone platform. The altar itself was not strange, but the fact that it was the only thing that looked untouched certainly made it strange.

Capella did not want anything to do with it, and she immediately wanted to leave the village. The problem with that was that Capella was someone who secretly loved to read about the myths that existed in the world, and through that, she ended up watching and reading a lot of anime and web novels. That made her a little hesitant. The reason is that, if you have read a lot of stories or seen an Isekai anime, you know that the immediate surroundings you find yourself in when you teleport hold the biggest clue about whether you can return to your world or not. Capella could also see people saying that novels and anime are just fiction, and they would have been right if she was not in this light novel-like situation herself. So her only option now is to recall the novels she has read and the myths she has studied to seek the truth in the lies.

After a while, Capella decided she was going to spend the night at the altar as the sun had completely set; she could see three moons in the sky, and she could not see a single constellation that she recognised. Luckily, with three moons in the sky, the night was not so dark, and she was able to immediately grab some old and abandoned clothes from one of the abandoned stores and lay them on the circular platform. She layered four pieces of cloth on top of one another before lying on it and using the fifth piece as a blanket. The reason she chose to sleep near the altar was that it was the only area free from destruction and the elements that were affecting the rest of the village. At the very least, there was something special about the altar.

As she lay on her back looking up at the unrecognisable night sky, she could not help but wonder what her life would become and how her father would react if he found out she vanished without a trace just when she was ordered to move to a different continent. She remembered how it was the first time in her life she talked back to her father, and they got into a heated debate about whether she should be allowed to stay, as her father was not even home all that much and moving was just her being stressed. She wonders if her father will think this is just her way of acting up. Likewise, she wondered if Selen, her bodyguard and attendant, would be worried sick looking for her all over the place. Knowing Selen's personality, she may choose to dedicate all her life to finding her, but Capella can only hope she will not do that, as it would be a waste of her attendant's youth.

She slowly drifted into slumber with all these thoughts crowded in her mind. Late at night, as the three moons could be seen high in the night sky, the altar began to glow as an array similar to the one she saw in her room formed on the surface of the platform where the altar stood. During this process, a tremendous amount of pressure descended on the surrounding area. This sent all the animals in the Gemwood Cemetery below tier 6C into a state of fear and frenzy, while all the beings at tier 6A and above felt that a powerful being had descended into the Gemwood forest, and they knew better than to approach. Of course, they are also the daredevils living in the Gemwood Cemetery, who would rush in to see what was happening. One such daredevil was the snake Capella came across, or more accurately, the tier 4A soul serpent that let go of her and approached the village. He stayed outside the fence encirclement and quietly observed Capella's body slowly petrifying and turning to stone. The serpent observed the characters used in the array and suddenly let out what sounded like a laugh when he could only identify 75% of the characters used in the array. As the array slowly died down, so did the pressure, which allowed even more creatures to approach. They were immediately sent away by the aura released by the serpent. A couple of minutes later, the array completely vanished along with the pressure, leaving only Capella's petrified form.

The serpent slowly turned away and began leaving before halting its movement to look back and say, "You have my thanks, human child. With this new-found knowledge, I may be able to finally ascend and break the shackles halting my evolution. A favour must always be repaid. "The serpent suddenly took a breath before bellowing, "I, Boros the soul-devouring serpent, sign an oath to bestow upon Capella Amery a piece of my body if she returns while I am still on this plane." With its oath to the realm core completed, the serpent turns away from the village and vanishes into the forest. Capella, who had no idea that she had been promised a part of a tier 4A or possibly a tier 3 being, has now suddenly found herself waking up in a strange place known as the Library of Akashic Records. And it is here that she will spend her first Millennium.

2