What Goes Around Comes Around
47 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What!" the crew exclaimed with shocked faces. "Where did this happen!?" Mayr asked with a tone of urgency.

"At the location we were assigned." The battered boy replied. Right as Mayr heard this he began running towards the location. The rest of the crew followed him.

It took them about 30 minutes to reach the location. Once they arrived they started looking around for Bray. The crew spread out and continued their search. As Nesh was walking through the sidewalk he came across a small alleyway to his right. He peeked inside and saw a small silhouette. He went closer to get a better look at what it was, and when he got a better look, shock and concern filled his entire body.

"I found him!" Nesh yelled. As soon as the crew members heard this, they instantly ran towards Nesh.

"Where is he!?" Mayr asked with urgency. Nesh replied simply by pointing towards the dark alleyway. Everybody looked inside the compact alleyway and saw Bray sitting with his back against the wall of the alleyway. His legs were straight and his right hand was on his lap while the left one was on the ground. His head hung limply to the right side, as if he was unconscious.

The crew immediately ran up to Bray. Kashi grabbed his head and held it in his hands, "Hey, wake up, Bray!" he repeated loudly as he shook Bray's head. This got Bray to slowly open his eyes.

"I-I'm up," Bray said as he struggled to get words out, "I'm just trying to get some rest, haha." He added, trying to sound cheerful.

"I'll look after him," Said Mayr, "you guys go ask around if anyone saw what happened. Nesh, you go call an ambulance." Everyone acknowledged the instructions and began to move. Mayr walked up to Bray, squatted down beside him and put his hand on his shoulder.

"We're getting help. An ambulance will be here soon." Mayr said in a soft and reassuring tone, "You'll be better in no time."

"Thanks, boss." Bray continued to struggle getting words out. For the next few seconds, the two sat in silence. These  few seconds felt like an eternity and made them reflect on their lives. As the two both sat in silence, tears slowly began coming out of Bray's eyes and a helpless expression came on his face.

"Th-they took everything." Bray said with his voice cracking. He sounded as if he was trying his hardest to not break down.

"It's ok," Mayr replied, "All that matters is that you're ok. We'll find whoever did this and make them pay for it."

"I was helpless." Bray continued as he began to cry more and more, "It felt horrible. I felt degraded. I couldn't do anything to protect myself or my things. But I had it coming. It reminded me of how many people I made feel like that, just to feel superior myself. I'm just like them, I hid behind Kashi and Kris and picked on the weak, just to fuel my ego. I'm sorry for everything I've done in the past. I don't know how I can make up for being such a useless piece of shit". Bray was heavily crying at this point.

Mayr gave him a sympathetic look and began to console him. "Don't think about these things too much," Mayr spoke in a gentle tone, "For now, just try to ease your mind. The ambulance is gonna be here soon. We'll talk things over later". Bray nodded, signalling that he understood.

The two sat in silence for a few more minutes after which the ambulance arrived and took Bray.

As soon as the ambulance left, the crew ran to find taxis to follow the ambulance to the hospital.

-

It had been 35 minutes since the crew had arrived at the hospital. They sat in the guest room of the hospital. The guest room was almost completely white, with clean white tiles on the floor and white paint on the walls and ceiling. Most of the guest room was filled with connected waiting seats made with steel and black cloth, and there was a reception desk in front of the entrance to the area with the patient rooms.

The crew sat in close proximity to each other on these chairs waiting for a doctor or nurse to inform them of Bray's condition. As they were waiting, a doctor walked out of the room that Bray was in, the one that was the first door on the right of the entrance to the patient room area. The boys immediately stood up and walked towards the doctor hoping for positive news.

"Don't worry, guys." The doctor said with a smile on his face, "He had no serious injuries.. Just some bruises and cuts. We got him stitched up, he's ok to go home now. Just refrain from too much physical activity for a few days."

The boys acknowledged the doctor's advice and thanked him. Soon after the doctor left, Bray walked out of the room. Two of the boys that Ken recruited walked towards him to help him walk. The boys booked two taxis and made their way back to their meeting grounds, The soccer field. It was dark, 8pm at this point.

-

When the boys arrived at the soccer field, the only thing lighting up the field were the street lights in the parking lot of the school, which was right behind the bleachers. Mayr made his way to his spot on the top bleacher and sat down while everyone else stood in front of him.

Mayr looked at Bray and began to speak. "Do you know who did this?" Mayr asked coldly. "How could I not," Bray replied, "they made sure that I knew who they were.".

"What did they say?" Mayr questioned.

"They were highschool students, just like us." Bray replied, "I'm not sure which school they're from though. Apparently they attacked us because we were 'selling on their turf'. They called themselves 'The Rampers'."

Everyone was confused when they heard the name, but a slight look of shock came on Kashi's face. Mayr noticed this look and asked Kashi if he knew anything about them.

"They're students from Parkside High, a school about 2 blocks from where Bray was selling." Kashi informed the rest of the crew. "I had a run in with them back in my first year of highschool. I think at this point in time, they have about 20 members."

"Woah, that's almost twice the people we have." a shocked Ken added . "I want to pay those bastards back for what they did," Kris said as his voice shook with frustration, "but they have numbers on us. Maybe we should just stop selling in that area."

Mayr looked at the floor intently, as if he was thinking about how to approach the situation. After a few seconds of deliberation with himself, he stood up, looked at his men, and started to speak.

"I'm postponing all cigarette sales operations for a week." Mayr announced, "It's going to take Bray a few days to get healed up. Next Friday, I want Bray and his partner to go back to the exact same spot they were attacked. Take a few packs of cigarettes with you to sell them."

Everyone was a bit shocked hearing this, but they knew better than to question Mayr.

-

The week passed and Friday came around. In the busy street in which Bray was attacked, he stood once again with his partner, selling cigarettes to commuters. But this time, he was not alone. In the alley in which Bray was left beaten and bruised stood shadows with determined eyes. Among these shadows was Mayr, lying in wait.

3