Album 1 Song 3 A New Life Brings a New Friend
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He came up to me one day when I finished a song. A handsome boy with blonde hair and straight white teeth that he showed off with a smile. He held a greasy fast food bag out to me as he asked, "hungry?"

My stomach growled loudly in answer before I could decline his offer. I took the bag from him somewhat reluctantly. He nodded in satisfaction and pulled another bag out from behind his back and sat down, patting the ground next to him. A little uncomfortable, I sat down next to him and opened the bag. My stomach ached longingly when the full-force of the smell hit my nose. I pulled the first of three burgers out of the bag, ripped off its wrapping, and tore into it.

As I ate, he talked to me. "You're really good, you know. I love listening to you sing. It really makes my day every time I hear you."

I swallowed the last bite of the first burger, "Uhm, thanks."

It didn't seem possible but his smile grew bigger. "My name's Christian. What's yours?"

I thought about it for a moment, ".... Nolan." Yeah, that felt right.

I ate another burger and a good amount of the fries in the bag as we talked. I forgot my discomfort and by the time he told me that he had to leave I was sad to see him go.

1