Album 2 Song 3 What is Stolen Cannot be Taken Back
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She sat on the bridge over the narrow part of the park pond, her legs dangling off the old wood. She sang a nonsense song with my voice as the wind played with her wavy, brown hair.

She stopped abruptly and turned her head to me, fixing me with her beast like gold eyes, face cold. "Have something to say to me?" I blinked at her, working to keep my expressions neutral.

She tilted her head to the side, her eyes squinting and lips curving up in a smug smile, "Oh, that's right..." She continued in my voice, "... you can't speak." She turned her face back to look out at the pond. She leaned back, holding herself up with the bridge railing, her hair spilling over the old, weathered wood. "I don't know why you insist on following me around. The deal is complete. You gave me your voice, I told you where the boy went." I narrowed my eyes at her. She let go of the railing and fell back onto a  bridge, hands splayed out wide to either side. A person crossing the bridge stepped right through her neck. "You sold your voice not your soul. Though you're dead you can still go anywhere or do anything you want. Honestly a much better deal than life."

I stood up from where I sat against the opposite railing, "Bye-bye, Nolan!" She sang out in my voice. I walked over to her and straddled her, bending over to grab the front of her white dress, pulling her up so we were forehead to forehead and I glared.

She narrowed her eyes, "threatening me is not something you can do little ghost boy. I'm much stronger than you." She grabbed my left forearm. The burning pain I felt was far more intense than anything I felt while alive. I didn't even have time to let go before my arm started to dissolve. I jumped away, floating up and away while clutching my forearm as my soul flaked off.

The Thief sat up, glaring coldly. Peaking out of her curls were two little horns. "Now one likes a sore loser, dead boy. Trusting a demon's deal was your own mistake, don't make it my problem. Now. Leave me alone."

I shook my head.

1