New family
597 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Theory of Magic: Mana core, mana, and mana manipulation" by Supreme Guardian was published in 1991 after he graduated from Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Some people speculate that this research was started before he entered the school. An official statement is not given by His Highness. No matter what, this theory made a revolution in the Wizarding world and is praised as one of the primal revolutionary changes brought to the world by His Highness.

Excerpt from research topic "The role of "Theory of Magic" in the revolution of Wizarding World" by student George Ryan of Emrys Imperial University.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up, an awkward-looking man was holding me while talking to the woman who was lying on the bed. I am a bit surprised by my eyesight. According to my knowledge, the clarity of a newborn baby should be pretty bad. Guess moving mana across my body did some wonderful job. I really want to check out my STATUS, but let's give some attention to this couple. I think they're my parents.

My father looks regal and elegant. He's not a muscular type, but his straight-back, talking manners, and dresses give off a masculine aura. His charisma stat should be pretty high. The 'awkward-looking' part is derived from him holding me. I think I'm their first child, or else he shouldn't be so uncomfortable while holding me. But he's trying his best not to show it on his face, probably for the sake of Mum.

My mother is a real beauty. Even the top celebrities I have seen in my previous life cannot compare with her looks. She's just lying in the bed in a simple white robe and looks tired. But there is something attractive about her. This is what you call charisma. A child with such good-looking parents should also be pretty handsome, right? I am looking forward to flirt with... Ahem, I mean, to meet with pretty girls.

"Logan, look! Our son opened his eyes! He's looking at me. My boy, come here, come to Mum!"

Father clumsily put me beside Mum and sat back:

"Don't move around too much, Adeline. You should rest more. I will call Ms. Harper to help you." Saying so, he moved out of the room while Mum's pretty face loomed over me as she kissed my forehead. After listening to her words that are filled with genuine love and kindness, I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. It's better to appear like a normal baby till I become a toddler. It will be awful if they call a doctor saying that their child couldn't sleep well.

'Status!'

_________________________________________________________________

HOST: N/A

Race: Human, wizard

Current state: Newborn baby

Protagonist halos: Ordinary human-tier, wizard-type human-tier

Life span: 100

HP: 100%

MP: 370; mana regeneration: 1 p/min (when mana is not being used);

SP: 130; stamina recuperation: 1 p/min (when SP consumption is less than 1);

CHR: 17

STR: 13

AGI: 12

INT: 37

LDR: 10

Magic affinity: all +10%; body magic +12%

INVENTORY (0)

Skills: (1)

_____________________________________________________________________

Hmm, all stats are higher than they should be. Is it because of the mana I used on my body? I guess it strengthened my body. Intelligence should be because of the enhanced nervous system. 'Skills!'

______________________________________________________________________

SKILLS

Basic Mana Manipulation Lv1: +2% speed in movement of mana; EXP:3/5

______________________________________________________________________

Not that great, but the meat of mosquitoes is still meat. What can I wait for from Basic skills at level one? I think it can be increased, but how? 'System, how can I get EXP?'

[EXP is given after you use the skill.]

'How do I use the skill?'

[Skills are not system generated. The skills you learn in real life can be registered as system skills after repeated use a few times. The system will only assist you to raise its level.]

It's good then. When I let mana spread in my body, the skill will be used. It's quite convenient. But I think I shouldn't use it rashly when people are too close to me. What if it gets out of control? It's fine if the clothes of ladies are burnt, but I cannot let their skin be injured! Or else, I am afraid I can never forgive myself for ruining one beauty in this world. *Cough, cough*. Let's get back to the main point.

I think I should increase my skill pool. But what can a baby do without alerting adults? I think with so much mana, I can attempt to do other things too. Maybe I should start with telekinesis. I have read a few fanfics about the HP world and almost all of the reincarnators start with telekinesis in order to practice wandless magic. However, my situation is a bit different. Can you imagine a baby making things fly? If my family is a muggle family, I'm afraid they'll send me somewhere right away. It won't look good even if it's a magic family. If you expose too much of your strength, you can't go far. The tallest tree will attract attention.

With telekinesis out, I have only a few options. Elemental magic is also hard to hide and too difficult for beginners. Remember, I'm looking for a type of magic that can be used everywhere and anywhere. There is also illusion magic. But I need to learn a few things like light's properties and how magic interacts with the mind...Stop! What if I learn mind magic now? People cannot see what's going on in my brain and this magic is really necessary for future use too.

Okay, it's settled then. The main magic will be mind magic with occasional telekinesis when people are not paying attention. But with these obsessive parents of mine, it will be a bit difficult to use it in broad daylight. And they have servants too. I bet there will be 24/7 supervision of me!

Actually, being an heir to a rich family has its own perks. Like there will be no shortage of money for me. If it's magic family, I may even get personal tutors too.

Cutting my thoughts, the door opened and an old man entered first. There is literally fire in his eyes as he stared at me with a sheepish smile. I got goosebumps all over my body. Hey experts! Please, help me choose, should I shout "No homo" first or "Pedophilic maniac, help!"? The email address is ******************

As I was having an internal fight, he came and took me from the bed and hugged me while sobbing and muttering some words, like "Merlin", "Heir" and "Curse". I can't figure out the meaning but figured out that I am really important to this family. They will protect me at all costs, right? I mean, there are some cases like a child who is treated like a king will be but a sacrifice that should be fed well till he comes of age... Bah, what am I thinking? Go away, you evil thought! You're raising a flag here! This behavior is intolerable.

As I was freaking out, suddenly, the voice of an angel is heard:

"Mr. Emrys, I believe you don't want to kill your grandson by strangling him to death?"

Okay, I admit the voice is as cold as Death Angel's, but, hey, it's still an angelic voice, right? And the sentence is also sending a shiver down my spine. 'This woman really knows how to scare people is the first thing that came to my mind. My pedophilic Grandpa grunted unhappily and gave me to this cold woman. She seems to be a middle-aged woman at the first sight. Her looks were good, but her face is a little bit stiff. I could only capture a flash smile when she took me from Grandpa.

"Now, gentlemen, if you have seen enough, please, go out. Mrs. Adeline should take a rest."

Dad who has just entered didn't say (or didn't dare say, as I realized after a few years) anything and backed away. Grandpa muttered some words for Mom, probably: "Take care of yourself and my little grandson" and went away. Ms. Harper(obviously, as Dad went to fetch her) put me to into the crib and covered me with a blanket.

With this, my birthday reached its end. Don't get me wrong, I have full stamina, but it's better to sleep for now. From tomorrow on, my rise to the peak will take its course. Girls, wait for meee!!! *mentally makes heroic pose*

 

Author's note: If you want to read next chapter, go to webnovel.com . Author's name and the novel's title are the same

8