The beginning of the agony
51 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

September 25, 2001

On a breezy morning, Lara, a 15 year old teenager was getting ready for her school, just as any normal teenager's life would be. She woke up with an emotionless face. She looked tired and confused as to why she's worn out by the morning. She shrugged off her thoughts and started doing her morning routine. She brushed her teeth and had a nice warm bath. She went downstairs and saw her parents waiting for her to have breakfast with them.... Which was pretty unusual for her as to why they waited for her today when they never even glanced at her.

She was already sick of her parents' behaviour towards her... They've never appreciated her nor tried to comfort her when she's low. And noticing the sudden change in their behaviour makes her question if they needed anything from her.

She sat down on the chair in front of her parents. While chewing down her food, she noticed her parents' face all smiling and happy. " How is your school going on, Lara? " Her mother questioned with a very caring tone. " Why do you care? " The little one replied with a hint of annoyance. " I know I've been ignorant towards you but that doesn't mean you'd do the same to me." Her mother said it all in desperation. " And why do you think it should bother me" Lara clearly sounded irritated by her mum's behaviour and so her mother let it slide "this time".... Who knew what they did which made Lara hate her mother so much. 

She rushed out of the house  not caring about her parents. " My whole day is ruined now... Ugh! Why do they have to act so entitled out of blue!? " She blurted out in frustration. She took her bus and plugged in her earphones shutting all the noise out. The whole ride felt normal... But the incident kept rewinding in her mind... Making her come up with so many unanswered questions. 

She arrived at her school after 15 - 20 minutes. It was all lonely and silent for her... As she never made much friends.. except Rebecca, her childhood best friend. She went up to her locker to take out her books and was ready to attend her lectures. Suddenly, she bumped into someone... Who has happened to be Rebecca. " Hey! I'm sorry I'm late today. So... Ready to go? " Rebecca panted. " Well I thought you won't come today sleepyhead... Anyways let's just go we're late. " Lara justified. They both went together for their classes... But..

" Lara Hudson, please come to the principal's office in 5 minutes. " The voice was heard through the microphone. Lara stopped on her tracks and thought for a while... Why was she called?






3