They know….
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

October 5, 2001 

Lara was getting ready for her school as usual. But her parents' behavior has become more unnatural. Their movements, their verbal speech, everything was peculiarly normal. Lara couldn't help but fear for her own life in her own house. She get kept herself calm as to not let her parents know about her vision. She took every step with caution and tried not to make things obvious. She still called for her mother to help her do every little task starting from brushing her teeth to wearing her own shoes.. she asked for her help. But she noticed every little detail about her parents. It was unnerving for her to know that her parents knew what she had done, but never questioned about it. She sensed her life was at stake at every point so she needed to plan her way out. 

 

Lara's father, Ray Hudson, was a well-known scientist at a multinational company named Bionyne. The company's main project was to create a biosynthetic humanoid which would have its own conscience and ability to feel and have emotions. A humanoid with indistinguishable features who would astound the whole world. Mr. Hudson was the one leading this project. He was now working on his subject NS-97. The previous subjects failed miserably. This made him become more impatient. He wanted to complete it as soon as possible. 

Lara knew what her father could do in order to achieve what he desired. But she had never thought her father would make clones of her. She couldn't understand his true intentions behind it. Walking down the hallway with plenty of thoughts in her mind, Lara bumped into Rebecca. "Hey! What has got into you these days?" "Oh! I'm sorry... I'm just tired and nothing else" Rebecca clearly sensed the lie in it but she shrugged it off. " It's alright.. but take care of yourself. Anyways, let's go to the cafe". As Lara was hungry, she didn't resist it. They both sat down on the chair abd started eating their food. 

" So, how are your parents?" Rebecca asked, food stuffed in her mouth. 

"They're alright... Why do you ask?" 

"No.. because i saw your mum yesterday, in the store. She was acting weird actually. Like... Maybe she's starting to forget things, like you know..."

" Well it's okay... That's just normal." Lara was quite confused too but what else could she do... She needed to pretend she's blind at school too. She was helpless. 

Earlier that day, Lara returned home and found the garage empty. She didn't expect her parents to go out at this hour... Especially when it's time for her to be home. They were cautious and strict.. but not this time. Strange. 

Lara thought of going to the basement again.. she kept her bag and sauntered towards the basement. Noticing cameras around this time, her steps halted. She tried thinking of a way as the cameras were just fixed near the basement and the stairs. 

She decided to print out a replica of the area where the cameras were facing so that she would stick it to the camera lens and in the mean time, she would enter the basement. 

She did as she planned. She stuck out the paper and taped it to the camera lens. She had to do it quickly so that her parents won't find anything suspicious. After all was done, she opened the basement door... But this time, she was way more than just shocked. She was speechless seeing the sight in front of her...

0