Rebirth
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{hmm.... Everywhere feels empty, Like what I envisioned would be death. I seem to be moving but also not moving. Also it's as if I can feel every part of myself. Is this my soul or something? Is this what it's like? Well considering I died, I guess it's all that's left of me so it has to be it, those religious theories really add-up now. Wow, pretty comfortable}

I thought, as what felt like my body drifted around without any destination. The time I spent felt like an eternity, But also seems to pass faster than I can anticipate whenever I tried to keep track of it, was someone messing with me? But I think there was probably no comprehension of the time around me. So most likely, there wasn't any Time and seeing as my "body" just felt like it was around without any awareness of it myself, There must also be no space to move around in either. More of their theories check out, it's getting kinda scary,  environment to be stuck for all eternity, is this really how it goes? Well I'm dead, What do I Know? Guess I'll roll with it.

 I suddenly lost consciousness.

{Huh... What's that?... There's a light... Finally after staying like this for God knows how long, there's something!! Wait.. why am I this joyous? It could be something really bad like the underworld or demons up ahead. Now I'm really getting scared! Even still, I've been stuck here so I don't know if it would be good or bad but at this point I'm fine with anything as long as it doesn't involve this place anymore. Just give me something!! Anything!!}

I was sucked into what seemed like a white hole. My eyes closed and opened for a second and they were confused at what they saw afterwards. It was like a Black filled Void with transparent lines that had a cross check pattern design across the entire place. Like when they zoom in on a fabric in a science show or something. It spanned the entire area which seemed limitless as I couldn't tell where it started nor ended.

{So cool!!!! It's like a futuristic VR game!}

When I took a look around myself I couldn't see anything until I gazed up. There was a throne that was set high-up. About six big winged men standing lined up in a Royal throne room fashion. 

{What are those? They seem too terrifying! Are those... Angels?}

Around the sides of the throne, there were four Winged men as well Standing guard like the ones on my plane. It looked like a perfect monarchy setting, they were all dressed in an all white robe with a golden flower on their left shoulder embedded in the robe. They had bright lights covering their faces so I couldn't make out what they looked like. Their majestic appearance made me shudder. But, but... But all that didn't matter the moment I looked up and I saw it.

Since I was born, I had only gone to churches for formality sake and because I couldn't wriggle out of it. The idea of someone far more powerful than anything and the fact we had never seen him but just had to completely believe he exists, turned me off completely. Maybe I was being too logical, or maybe I just didn't have "faith". I just lived my life the way I pleased, not bound to any doctrine of sorts and free.That was the kinda ideal life I lived.

But for the first time, for the first time since I was born, since I could comprehend anything I was exposed to or maybe even before that. Maybe before I could've even existed, I saw a being that could only be described with one word...

God.

I couldn't fathom the being in front of me, it just oozed an energy, created an atmosphere that couldn't be understood. It was beyond imagination and whatever the limit of that may be, it would've driven me mad and deleted me if I still had my mortal comprehension system.

{What... This has to be..... Is this who they always talked about? Is this the person they paid all heed to? The one they feared? Oh this is bad! Really bad! I would've paid more attention to the teachings, maybe it would've prepared me somewhat for this situation. Wait, how did they know this?, What were those people really? Am I going to get in trouble for not being a believer? This was really bad, but...this being.. god, Truly Magnificent}

I didn't even realize when I bowed at it's power. The energies of the winged guards were also intense, too intense as well. But they all combined couldn't even deserve to be called a speck of dust compared to the being in front of me. Even as intense as it was, I still felt a soothing and calming feeling from it. Is it really not a bad guy?  I had no way of truly knowing, but my guts tell me so.

god: My beloved child.... I am delighted to see you.

{Huh... What did it say... Delighted?...}

I couldn't make out what it was saying because of the intensity of the voice, The chaos and tremors that occured scared me on an instinctual level. I felt like the entire place was going to collapse from another word. How does someone's words? Wait, this isn't even someone in the first place.

god: Oh, is this minute level still not enough? My apologies, I'll make it a bit softer. My trusted Archangels.... You are all dismissed for now

{Huh... Minute? Apologies?... THAT JUST NOW WAS THE SMALLEST!?}

All the gigantic big winged men immediately disappeared. Even the ones standing beside it. It appeared that it wanted to speak to me alone. This could be really bad. 

{Maybe my eradication had to be personal, Does it hold a grudge for not being a believer? I'm so Dead!! Ah ah... I know I've said this before but I'm really scared}

Suddenly the pressure I had been feeling vanished without a trace. The place regained it's stability and what I heard next would probably be the most shocking thing since I found out my dad who worked in the National communication Company couldn't spell Internet.

Izanami: Hey, this alright?.... You feel me now right?

There were a few seconds of silence after that. Didn't it's character just change drastically? What's more "it's"  a  "She"? What's this about "aight"? Is she trying to talk like a mafia boss or something? When I raised my head up, what was before me was truly surprising. A blonde girl with green eyes that tied her up in a sideways ponytail, she was somewhat slender but totally stacked. Wearing an all white stylish gown and cool white boots with a huge golden halo around her back. A totally cool chick, you couldn't possibly believe it was the same person from earlier.

{Huh, where's that guy from earlier...? Don't tell me it's her!? That's totally wrong!}

Nevertheless, she was still that same all powerful being that did those stuff earlier, no doubt, so I'd better watch it.

[Yes, I am alright. I am indeed eternally grateful for your care concerning someone like me]

Izanami: Oi, don't talk like a weird geezer. A simple "I'm okay" would have sufficed.

[Oh, I am very sorry, your..... godliness]

Izanami: If you don't know what title to give don't force it. Ku-fu-fu-fu-fu-fu

She said and started laughing, laughing really hard. The worst was that it was at me, It was a really long laugh. It kind of pissed me off.

{Who was this? I really want to hit her for mocking the great effort I put in constructing that sentence. But is this alright? Can't she see everything about me? Including my thoughts...}

Izanami: Alright Hyouta Hachiman. I'm sure you must already know this, But unfortunately you are Dead. You were hit by a car when you thought you evaded the first truck and your life ended immediately. To be honest it was kind of funny, But behold, all isn't lost, I will send your soul to another realm and you will live there henceforth. No questions may be asked whatsoever, balance must be maintained.

[Is it because it's something confidential or something humans are unable to comprehend?] 

I couldn't help it that I was a bit down seeing as my race was something so inferior to the race up here that were our progenitors. Maybe it's because I wasn't religious but I thought we humans were the most powerful creatures since we used our own efforts to strengthen ourselves. We managed to improve on ourselves and come to where we are today. Better than any other lifeform that existed with us. 

[Wait a minute, I recognize that phrase, are you sure she's not one of those people with that character defect..]

Izanami: Nah, it's just because it's a pain and a hassle to explain in detail. So please go stand in that circle over there and put your hands out.

{I knew it!! This lady!!!!}

But I obediently did as instructed, to avoid incurring the wrath of someone that seems like she can simply yawn and my existence would be a dream. Even still though, she was too annoying. If she wasn't what she was I would've definitely hit her more than twice by now. I step into the glowing white circle and stretch out my hands. She in return came standing in front of me took my hands.

Izanami: I will now bestow my blessings on thee, Child of man, Receive my gifts!

There was a glow formed between our hands and then my body felt exhilarating. Like it was being lightened yet stuffed. But even still..... It's painful that this was the first time I've held hands with a girl that wasn't my mom or sister since I began highschool. Almost brings a tear to my eye. Hmm... Although I wanted to revolt a little while ago, she now had that godly look and presence similar to what she had earlier. This personality change is seriously bad for my mental health.

Izanami: Huh, what is this? Why is the gift synchronising with.... Hmm... Wait, woah, How? What are you doing!? My Ether?

I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about since I didn't know anything about this stuff. But at the point she asked "How?", I also felt something. Something entered me, Something disturbing. My entire system was exited, The pressure from this alienic presence was crushing me from the inside. I couldn't see a thing, I was a painfully blinded. I lost my senses for a while screaming in pain as my soul tried to break down and break down and diffuse this foreign substance. Suddenly, I felt something different in my body, a different form of strength that proceeded to calm me. The source this time was apparent that it was from my head, Particularly my forehead. And after I felt it moving around the pain began to subside slowly.

{Wait, Could it be.....? That...?} 

But for some reason my mind wouldn't let me picture it well. It all became bleak. My pre death memories became too blurry for me to remember exactly what happened before I died. This was odd. But on the good side, the pain had totally subsided and my body calmed down, although it felt really strange but at least I wasn't in pain. I'm technically my soul though, but in the end I still count it as my body.

Izanami: Be what!? What were you wondering it was!?

{Huh!?..... Uhh.... I knew it! You could read my mind the whole time! But wait... That means you must've heard all I've been saying in my mind up till now}

Izanami: Well duh...

At this point I was at a complete loss for words, I immediately postrated myself and uttered all I could think of.

{I'm sorry...}

But she just smiled and gave a little chuckle. She seemed to be enjoying herself.

Izanami: Don't worry about it, You're the only one who's given me a very funny and interesting reaction since the past eternity now. It's good to see someone who goes so far to relieve my boredom.

I figured it'd just be better to talk with her using telepathy, I've never done it before and it feels somewhat easier. "Telepathy" huh? Never thought I would be using that word for any thing that would describe real life situations. My friends would've never believed I said that just now. 

I decided to talk a bit more with her, after all she was the only one here.

{But eternity huh, Wait, how long is that!? Actually how old would you be to say that? But in any case you must have been very lonely during that time. Although I complain of a lonely life I don't know what I would do if I had that long to stay. Even if I wouldn't die, I'd probably be dead}

I honestly felt her pain on this one. Staying looking after passing souls and blessing them, it's something that's definitely boring on his own but to do that for that long. And not to be rude, but humans aren't even the best people to talk to.

Izanami: Hahahahaha, Thank you son of man. It gladens me to know you truly feel concern for me. You're have a kind soul. Can I call you Hyota?

{ You can, I guess it would be easier than saying "Son of man" right? }

Izanami: Well then, Hyota, You may call me by my name, Izanami. I am The God that rules over all of the Void. In essence I am The god of the void.

{Alright, Izanami. Means we're sorta like friends now since we're on a first name basis. Also did you have any frienss before now. Like other gods or something.}

Izanami: Hmph, Don't get cocky. A human could never befriend a god. The difference in our planes is too much for such an arrangement to be made. And no, there aren't any "friends" among us. Now what was with you forcefully taking a part of me earlier?

She said all this while maintaining her smile, I was a little scared. Was she one of those types...

{Well, guess not. I mean, you're a god, so I guess things don't go that easily here. Wait... a part of you? What do you mean?}

Izanami: You didn't know? How strange. You connected to my personal ether earlier when our hands touched and I was bestowing my gift. And your mind is honestly telling me you do not know, it would've been trouble if you did though. Anyway, it's a one way contract so nothing I can really do about it for now. Seems you're more interesting than I thought.

She said glaring at me with a very suspicious look. 

{Are you sure it's alright to leave something off that level with me? It won't cause any problems? You're sure? Also don't you get in trouble?}

Izanami: "Get in trouble?" That would be a new experience though. I have already gotten the records of you passing and soul retrieval so anything out of that is not my problem.

{This lady really hates working!!}

Izanami though seemed deep in thought, pondering on god knows what to do with me. Oh, she's a god so I guess I should say "she knows what". She was throwing occasional glances and stared with this "hmm... What to do with this guy" face.

Izanami: Ah! I just got an excellent idea! You wanted to us to be friends right? Then all you have to do is to swear to keep your promise to me and we can become friends. I've never had a friend before so I guess you can be my first one.

She looked at me with a smile that people normally had when they wanted me to do stuff. She isn't too different from humans if you asked me. That wasn't sincere one bit but still I had to know what this was all about.

{A promise...?}

Izanami: Yeah, just as you said. It really gets lonely around here and so I don't really get anything to do other than attending to other dead people, all my subordinates view me as a higher being than themselves and so I can't talk to them. The other gods have this untrustworthy feeling to them so they're no good either That's why I'm putting my faith in you. 

{Your faith..... In me...? How does that work exactly}

Izanami: Yes. I am going to send you to another world in another realm from your original one. Uhh... "A different plane"  as you humans would understand. Where, in a completely normal situation you will be reborn, grow as a child, get accostomed to the life there, get married, have kids, live till your old and grey, see your kids grow and finally die... again.

{So Normal!!}

Izanami: But I want to distort that perfect harmony. I will allow you to regain your previous memories at some point, then you must carry on with the goal of amassing power, overcome all obstacles that have presented themselves, Overriding my power balance and transcend that world and all worlds, reach mine realm, and become a god}

{Why though?}

Izanami: 'Cause it's more fun that way right?

{Heh, Wait a minute, Me...? A god...? You're actually serious? You must be joking again. It would really help matters if you act a bit more well behaved and comport yourself to fit your status, I thought we'd laugh at the end too! Could you slow down a bit? It's getting a bit confusing}

What is this lady talking about? She lost me at Overriding power balance I think. I couldn't wrap my head around it and it just seemed like she was messing with me, to become something like what she is currently. That's just a joke

Izanami: I do comport myself and I'm more well behaved than you'll ever be you daydreamer. You think I don't know, I'm a god remember? I see and know all.

{Oi!? What was that!?}

Izanami: And I'm serious you know... Once you gain a certain amount of power and knowledge that removes the limitation of Humanity from you, you will be above and beyond all worlds, all dimensions and become a god like me. And with a piece of me in you it even makes it more likely. And when you do, we'll meet again back here, where I won't be lonely anymore. Well do you Promise? I won't force you if you don't want to, I'm just giving the offer since you wanted to be with me so bad. I realize how selfish of a request this is after all.

{I think I get the gist of it now. Basically you're saying I can and should become powerful could be and then drop my humanity and become  a "god". It's like all those stuff in the manga I used to read. This lady sure does come up with many weird delusions}

Izanami: Precisely. You get it now! And also I heard that! Even still it's not like you had any other plans, and wouldn't a stereotype life be boring? This at least gives you a target. And also, I need someone else on my side. Things have been moving a lot faster than I anticipated. I might..

{But wouldn't it be easier if you just said "When you get there and you remember this, come back for me" like any other normal..}

I smiled as I asked her, and it was quite a feast to see her beet red yet seemingly angry face trying to search for a reply.

Izanami: You damn human getting cocky just because I gave you a little offer! But  still... Do you give me your word?

I didn't know how to respond to this cause I didn't really have much experience talking to girls in my previous life. So I couldn't say anything mushy or soothing. But I did know that she was extremely lonely and since I knew what it felt like I couldn't bring myself to just leave her or brush it off. And it didn't seem like a bad idea....  She's definitely not a bad person. It's not like I even had any plans or people in store. 

{Could you possibly be, the tsundere type? No wait.... this was usually how I got myself into dangerous situations in the past, Izanami, what does being a god entail?}

Izanami: Nothing special. Creation, reduction..I guess that's it. Asides from that, you're free to do whatever you want so long as it doesn't find the eyes of Genesis, Also the strange reason you took more of my essence and the ghost that gave you that thing. don't you think you'll have more opportunities to find out what happened if you became like me?

{That's right! That lady who put that thing in me, I have no way of meeting her or finding out what her goal was, but if I can transcend worlds then... Also what was that about the Genesis?}

Izanami: Don't worry about that, you'll know but they don't really matter anyway. But regarding my words, you have to... no you will, won't you?

{I know you're using your "Moe power" to win me over but how am I even going to transcend "one" world not to talk of "all". Even for a fantasy world, I don't think you get that kind of power}

Izanami: You need not worry, You're going somewhere different, that shouldn't be a concern. If you actually have resigned to do so, it is accomplished. After all, it is done before and soon enough.

{ I dunno if it's just me, but you've been making some very weird mistakes with your verbs. Don't you mean it "has" been done before and "will be" done soon?}

izanami: Kufufufufu, how so interesting you are. Well all I can say is, I'm someone a little different. Haah, or could it be the loneliness getting to me?. 

She gave a deep long sigh and shook her head to emphasize her expression, I looked at this being infront of me with admiration. god or not, she was someone who had been through what I could relate with.

{Alright then, Izanami, I don't exactly know you that much and it's kinda hard for me to agree wholeheartedly. But I understand what you're going through, It's not easy enduring the pain of loneliness, although it's not as long as yours, I too have experienced it. So, wait for me, I'll definitely find a way here, although that sounded like I was planning to die again but I just mean I'll transcend whatever you're talking about, and come back to you. If it means to save you from this, I'll become a god! Maybe then we can solve the case together. I'm not exactly the best guy but, you blessed me after all. I won't let it go to waste okay? I'll be here before you know it}

Till today, I still do not know why I instinctively uttered those words, as if she was someone I had met before, someone who deserved the deepest meanings of these words. There was a moment of silence, the reason being she was too flushed, I could see how red her cheeks and ears were and she hid her face for me.

Izanami: As I thought you really are kind-hearted. Don't be too long you hear, or else something really bad will happen. I'll wait for you, to exhaust this loneliness with me. Just so you know, this has never occured with any other human in all my years of attending and there's nothing too special about you. 

{Just when I thought I'd get a touchy moment

hmm, I may have sounded cool and all but what the hell am I even talking about. }

Izanami: So, by my oh-so mighty power, it appears that you have been chosen. You better keep your promise, I have waited far too long and even longer.

{Don't worry, I will. But has anyone ever done it before? What's the success rate so far?}

Izanami: Ah, I guess it's around 0.07% for it to happen. (whispers) normally there is no soul that can climb that hierachy and still hold in piece, you might even crumble and your ether would just be lost,  in any way let's get you going down to your new world.

{Wait!! I just heard you say something really dangerous just now!! What do you mean crumble? Don't act like you can't hear me!}

Suddenly her presence shifts once more to the horrific being she was earlier and the pressure once again resonated with my soul, but this time strangely, it felt lighter.

Izanami: Well then chil-- Hyota!, I hope you abide by the contract established today as I send you down towards the world. And don't worry, that earlier number was only calculated for the ones who didn't possess any portion of godly essence like you have now. And also you're one of the only few so don't you dare give up.

I had calmed down a little now, She's always trying to scare me whether she knows or not.

{Ohhhhhh great, that's a relief, so what's the real percentage?} 

Izanami: ... 

A blinding white light showed under my feet, and I was slowly losing consciousness, but I could hear her voice clearly this time. I summoned all the strength I could muster and looked at her, trying my best to see past the light. After all the straining, I could finally see it. Her face. And the last expression I saw of hers was a smile, a rather cheeky one and her last words to me made me ease myself and slowly drown in the darkness.

Izanami: See you later then, my...

After that, I lost consciousness.

A bright light enveloped my vision. I couldn't make out what it was but I only knew I opened my eyes and couldn't see. I could hear sounds but not clear enough to be translated into meaningful things.

Midwife: You should be glad, It's a boy!! I'm happy for you. Look At those rare golden eyes! So cute!, He looks just like his mother. Now that we're done, all that's left is to tidy you up Christa.

The subtle screams of the midwives invited the presence of a young man that was sitting outside the room until now.

Rigar: What's going on!?.... What.... Is that....? Is that my child...!?

Midwife: Yes it is! Say hello to you new born baby boy Mr. Rigar. I'm really happy for you

Rigar: My Boy!!!!!!!

There were noises of Joy, The Midwives smiled as they addressed the news to Rigar Pyre. The cry of the baby could be heard from the next floor of the building along with the joyous noises. If you could ever picture the happiest moments you see of a man, it would be during the day of the long awaited childbirth from his loving wife.

Midwife: I'll give you three some privacy for the next 30 minutes. After that I'll come to check on Christa, alright?

She closes the door, and her footsteps were heard for a while until the sound faded off. They were in a local clinic on the northern end of the Latent groove, the only one available in the area. That being the case, they had to pay a huge sum to have their childbirth delivered with absolute care and precision. Even though it would be considered flawed and unsafe to educated physicians, this clinic had quite fair quality of equipments for delivering. Kraai Clinic, the name of this long standing establishment. Whilst inside with their newborn.The head of the Family Rigar looks at his wife.

Rigar: My son, you are the proud son of the family of Rigar and Christa Pyre. You will grow into a respectable young man, that would care for his people and treasure those dear to him. No matter the circumstances that may come. And most importantly, you shall be free, completely free from any and everything, bound to no one by any forceful chains. Like your crimson eyes that signifies Greatness and burning power so will your life be.

And your name will be..

Radix Pyre.

0