Chapter 80- Brutal Reality!
827 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So Kei-kun has always been awakened and also knew our organization's work but stayed silent since he never wanted to get himself included in the hunter's job, huh..."

With a thoughtful expression, the blond idol Sayaka summarized what Kei just explained to them in support of the reason why he pretended to be a nobody until now and never showed any kind of hint of being involved in the other side.

Hana and Aoi were rather surprised for most of the part and slightly grumpy as well to realize how foolish they must have seemed when the group of three made excuses to borrow Ryuuta. It was certain for someone as high-ranking as Kei to be aware of their ranks and still, he seemed so humble and against any showoff which could have made Kei incredibly famous in the school.

Kaori had her lips pursed on this whole matter. It was true that Ryuuta was close to Kei very much, to the point that sometimes she even got jealous of her brother. But the actual past Kei carries and the responsibility weighing down on his shoulders would put an adverse effect on Ryuuta if he were to get to know about it.

Sure her brother was strong but something as vast as Kei's identity and the secrets he has disclosed to very few people...even Kaori had to take a week's leave from her work to digest everything without falling into a state of panic. Kei has shown her some glimpses of the past when the war was at its peak stage and she by no means was ready for something like that.

Indeed, it was better for these teenagers to know only this much.

Kei nodded in affirmation toward Sayaka but still the doubtful look never faded from Ryuuta's face and his following words expressed the reason for his frown.

"You are hiding something, aren't you?"

Kei's sweat dropped and tried to avert his gaze from the questioning look he got directed with. Even though Kei sounded as genuine as he could while adding as many emotional touch-ups to his story, this asshole was as observant as ever. Kei didn't know how the heck Ryuuta doesn't use this skill to understand the feelings of his harem.

But Kei resolved himself and looked at his friend before his answer walked out of his throat in a confident tone.

"There is nothing more to it, Ryuuta. Trust me in this will ya?"

Ryuuta knew Kei was not saying the whole truth, heck he could tell how bluntly he was lying about being an everyday awakened who never got to engage in the hunter's world. But Ryuuta was not going to persist on the matter since if things really are not something to be told, it's better to back off.

In a way, Ryuuta was explicitly irritated by Kei's behavior for being so secretive and such, but then again Ryuuta had done the same thing as well by hiding things from his best friend so it was better to move on from the matter for now.

"Okay now that you guys have settled down, I would like to forward a proposal."

All three girls and even Kaori as well perked their ears and looked at Kei with curiosity and confusion before the raven-haired continued with his words.

"I don't know what you guys have heard from the officials but there would be instances in the future where the need for awakeners would get dire than ever. And the way things are moving, I am not sure whether you guys can uphold your region with your current strength and equipment or not."

Since it was not possible to train all the students at the same time to bring their limit into play and offer them the artifacts and mana-imbued weapons, Kei possessed, he thought about strengthening those whom he could. Kei had other security measures in mind as well, but he could at least help those whom he personally knows.

At times of evolution of the planet, there would be a surge of mana that would transverse through the realms and notify every other domain that changes have begun to appear in humanity. And knowing how Humans had the best attributes to rise at least to the second position on the ladder, it would be no surprise if someone plans to attack the planet when it would be at its most vulnerable phase.

Kaori smiled in glee and awe to see how caring her man was toward others even though he had so many responsibilities to fulfill. He was even bothering himself to personally explain things to Ryuuta and help them train to show his actual nature which was one of the most crucial reasons why she ever fell in love with him.

Everyone else was a bit contemplative but one of them, the red-haired Hana was frowning deeply with her gaze narrowed at Kei who heard her crisp voice which signified that she didn't like what she heard from Kei.

"We might not be as powerful as you, Kei, but we still are not such frail to not be able to protect ourselves. Don't you think you're underestimating us?"

It was true that Ryuuta's group was not elite and they still have to reach the threshold of the ranks but that doesn't mean they were weak to get toyed with either. Not alone but with her team, Hana was sure she could handle dangers many degrees higher than them.

Kei shook his head hurriedly as he parted his lips to clear out the misunderstanding but before he could have uttered out a single syllable, a chilly voice reached up to the redhead making the other three shiver along the person in concern.

"What are the chances of you winning against me, Hana if I may ask?"

The person in question gulped in fret as she felt the overwhelming intent oozing out of Kaori who in general remains rather composed but right now...she was terrifying.

Ryuuta wanted to intervene and handle the matter in a more friendlier way but he was stopped by Aoi. Ryuuta wanted to protest but knowing how Aoi's judgment always seemed to be on spot, he complied.

Hana didn't have to think much about the thing she has been asked about but the fret of being targetted with the subtle anger from such high ranking hunter made the girl's tongue voice out stuttered words.

"Z-zero..."

"Since you are aware of such, can you tell me your chances or maybe your group's chances against something which even could snap my life out like a twig?"

Stunned. All four teenagers were taken aback like they have heard the whispers of the abyss or something unnatural that could never be comprehended as a reality was told to them.

In their eyes, Kaori was the strongest person they have come across, and from the news and media they have witnessed, Kaori has yet to meet her match. Someone who was closest to the absolute being and pinnacle of strength.

For her to say that someone could toy with her life and toss her aside so easily... Even though their mind screamed to not believe such nonsense but when the person was telling it herself then there was no escape route as well either. For Kaori to say something meant she has met such a being and know the true horrors of the other worlds.

Hana backed away with her eyes still trembling in disbelief, just like her other team members. But suddenly a warm feeling comforted their heart and made their consciousness rather tranquil all of a sudden.

"Geez Kaori. You didn't have to be so brutal with them."

Kei complained while releasing the spell which helped them calm down a little. He knew what Kaori said was necessary but it could have been told in a better way.

For Hana to accept that she was weak when she has trained all her life and devoted herself to protect her people... obviously she would get displeased when suddenly someone would say that all she did until now, meant nothing.

Kaori huffed before turning her head away with her arms crossed under her bosom. If not for the small tug she was holding Kei's t-shirt with, then people would have assumed she was really angry with him.

Kei smiled in resignation before he faced the teenagers as he heard Ryuuta stepping forward and announcing something on behalf of his team.

"I...no, we request you to help us train Kei, so we could at least be of some help when the catastrophe arises."

Kei smiled to see the ignited flames in his friend's eyes and also all three girls had similar resolved looks as well, even though they were scared shitless some moments ago.

Grinning he poked his hand inside his spatial storage before bringing out some stuff as he spoke in a bright tone.

"Then let's start with your equipment first, shall we?"

*******

A/N: - Drop a comment~

22