Chapter 89- Death?
405 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Karen's POV]

"Now how are we going to fight those things...?"

It has been over three days since the chaos erupted near the border where Kei has gone into the core of the planet.

We knew something would happen when the guardian of all the realms was away but never knew this would be on such a massive scale.

The armies of monsters appeared until now. Not every member of the battalion was capable of fighting them so almost half of our group was just assisting the main attack force.

We weren't prepared for this.

Since Kei was not around, his centennial weapons weren't able to gauge all their strength. If not for the training and blood, Kei has provided me, I wouldn't have been able to hold on until now.

Kaori as well seemed on the verge of falling any moment now. Both of our clothes were torn from places. Armour burnt and heavy amounts of bruise spread across.

Our team members were alive but I wasn't sure for how long. Thanks to the fact that after sucking Kei's blood I no longer feel the primal urge or I might have killed some of my comrades myself.

"Seems like they are the bosses...."

Kaori spoke in between her labored breathing. We have minimal potions left so we considered using them at a crucial phase. Other than some minor injuries we were just exhausted.

The entities whom Kaori regarded as 'bosses' were three distinctive creatures.

I could see a huge snail shell lying motionlessly on the ground. A huge hoar-faced demon going to the height of ten feet and the most terrifying among the three was the toad.

Unlike the other frogs we dealt with, this one had raven scales all over its body and a blue flame ignited over its head. Its red ruby eyes were staring at a distance, more precisely where Kei had dug into.

Even though I could differentiate between their power level, I was certain that even in my prime time I could not beat any one of them.

The sheer pressure from their mere presence was overwhelming enough that for a second I thought of running away. My mind was screaming to escape at the sight of these monstrosities but I held myself together.

I do not value anything more than Kei's safety. Risking or sacrificing my life was not something I should have ever felt bothered about.

"You think you can create your blood domain again?" Kaori asked.

"I will be completely wasted after that." It takes a lot of energy to form that domain and launch thousands of attacks at the same time on the opponent.

I have already used it once and since I was still a young vampire that should have been my limit. But thanks to Kei's blood, even after using it once and fighting for days, I can utilize my strongest skill for the second time.

"Then do it. We have got no other option than to give it our all."

I nodded to her before I stepped forward.

The way those three were lazily standing at their spot was alarming since they weren't taking us as a threat at all.

My skill doesn't require me to reach my target. Rather I just need to have my vision unobstructed when I release my spell.

Closing my eyes I channeled every last bit of my mana. Since the opponent wasn't attacking, I got the time to create my domain in peace.

Once prepared I directed it toward the three, with strength leaving my body as well.

Kaori held me as I began to fall forward due to exhaustion. However, the work was done.

A huge dome of nothing but blood has formed around the three creatures. And just like that they would suffer from their most torturous experience.

Or so I expected...

"...not even a scratch. "

If not for Kaori verbally confirming it I might never have believed what my eyes were showing me.

None of the three have been affected by the domain's effect in the tiniest. No cuts or wounds at all!

"How is this possible...khak!! "

I wasn't able to finish my words since suddenly one of the three, the boar-faced demon appeared right in front of us with such speed that it seemed it just warped.

The overwhelming murderous intent the monster carried rendered me breathless. Even Kaori wasn't immune to it but she somehow got on her stance with her weapon ready in her hand.

The towering figure of the monster was so intimidating that for the second time in my life, I was despairing at the sight of someone.

'No way we can defeat something like this... '

"Accept your death to whom I great Sin of Greed has come to bestow upon your unworthy souls. " The creature spoke in between its squeaks as it raised its battle axe above its head.

I could see Kaori raising her whip to strike the monster but I knew it wouldn't make any difference.

This monster was way beyond what we have faced until now.

We can not win from this...we are too powerless.

'I am sorry Kei... " With a drop of tear sliding down my cheek, I closed my eyes, ready to meet my end.

...

However....even after waiting for ten seconds and more, nothing changed.

Perplexed, I parted my lids...only to get shocked upon witnessing a strange woman standing while holding that massive axe with just her index finger.

The most beautiful woman my eyes have ever gazed at was currently standing in our protection. And the most satisfying thing about her arrival was the change of expression these monsters had.

They were terrified.

****

A/N:- It's no biggie to guess who she is.

Drop a comment ~

9