Chapter 5: Development Part 1
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The boy looks at me with anticipation. I gather enough information regarding the wisp of aura that invades this universe.

"Would you like to hear my opinion first?" I ask the Overseer boy, and he nods his head.

"This aura is unstable in the sense that it keeps changing its essence. Essence is the core part of any being's power, including Overseer. Changing the essence is also changing the structure and the information form of any being in existence. But of course, the result of injecting this aura to our body is the clash of essence, resulting in undesirable changes.

"So what if I synchronize the essence change that happen in the aura to my own existence power? This is the answer!" I declare, as I already grasp all the possible change of essence the aura had gone through. The problem I notice is not in my own body, not at all. I feel like swelling with large amount of power inside.

Instead, it is the shocked face that Darius and the other angel are giving me. Perhaps it is because by doing this, the body also inevitably changed or the fact that it is done? No way it is the latter...

"Honestly, grasping and memorizing the entire change is hard, but the improvement when I do that is great. My concern is that the center of this wisp aura is that there is still a remnant will reside within it. Furthermore, can you do it?" I ask the boy because me doing it and somebody else doing it is a different matter.

The boy murmurs, "I am not sure."

"It's fine. That is why I am here, to assist and help you. Rather than expelling the contamination, absorbing it with a careful and attentive attitude is the better solution for this. Especially when we are a new batch of Overseers."

And with that, I learn and teach the Overseer boy how to synchronize the change of essence and memorize it to the point of second nature. Of course, I am also doing the same thing. The only Outer aura we can absorb is the one that has none of the remnant will in it. If there is, we need to separate it or extinguish it altogether.

It turns out that this will cannot be extinguished, or at least not when we are still this weak. We need to expel the remnant will while keeping the aura to this universe.

And so, the cleaning service has begun in the Overseer boy's universe.

 

-

 

"Master Hiroshi, do you know what you have done?" Darius then asks me as I absorb some of the harmless Outer aura.

"It's just repurposing and recycling harmful and invasive aura to something more acceptable. I mean, even if most people don't know this, there are people who keep this a secret. I think I know why you are shocked, but it is not worth reacting to. Anyone who can observe with attentive eyes and keep important details will notice it." I reply calmly.

"Still, it is not something anyone can do. Even if some people know it, they hide it. Meaning, discovering this conversion method is not easy for them." Darius says. I know that my accompanied angel is trying to acknowledge my feat and achievement, but I feel like it is not worth celebrating in the first place.

As we converse with each other, we also have attention to how the Overseer boy is faring. He is slow, but his determination is worth me teaching him as he starts to convert the Outer aura to his own existence power. Some of his physical body has change but it can be controlled.

[Outer Demon's aura wisp contamination dropped to 43%]

I check the overall situation and the boy probably also check it. Even after some effort, the progress is slow. This trip to this world is not a waste because not only I find a method to contain Outer aura but also discover the method to convert it to my own existence power. There is just one issue...

 

"Why is the aura leak here in the first place? Darius, you once explained that new Overseer is placed in the safe place where the world can be nurtured back. Even if the core of the world itself is fine and in the safe space, but why is this happening in the first place? I mean, we are not even in the back of the frontier." I am curious so I need to confirm something as soon as possible if I can.

"That is true. For now, I still don't have evidence, so I can only observe." Darius' reply make me flabbergasted.

"Let me tell you, this is better not something that will cause the Head of Angel to personally be involved. Also, not dragging me down and the friend I have..." I am sure that something inside me is boiling. Is this anger? I feel so hot but my head is so cool if not straight cold.

"...otherwise, whoever is responsible will get something they can't forget." I can perceive my hands are tightly clenched. This is strange since I am not usually showing this much emotion.

Darius is silent and only looking at me. I feel the awkwardness of the situation but this also makes me think. Why am I so emotional right now? The only one reason I can think of...

"Is this one of the side effects of absorbing the Outer aura?" I hold my chin in contemplation. Fortunately, this is something that is visible. Indeed, the wisp of aura from Outer Demon can be this troublesome so what about the Outer Demons themselves? They are disaster incarnate then.

With haste, I contact the boy.

[Hiroshi: One of the side effects of absorbing the aura is the instability of emotion. My advice, absorb it like when in our previous life we eat. One spoon at a time. Also, keep checking once in a while for any change that you can perceive. We have next to nothing information regarding Outer aura's absorption]

While we keep absorbing the aura, we also gradually get closer to the center. That also means we are going to encounter the remnant will of the aura itself. Its location is between three supergalaxies among the debris of a once-large celestial body.

"So this is the source of the contamination. Hmm, oh you arrive at the same time." I wave my hand at the incoming figures.

"Big brother is here too. This is good, we can deal with this matter together." the boy smiles happily at me. His accompanied angel follows behind him.

Just then, a piercing sensation comes. My head feels like being stabbed and then stir-up repeatedly. If I am not wrong then this is the remnant will resisting whatever we want to do to it.

"Hah..hah..." I can't believe the pressure is strong enough to stun me and the boy. Of course, the angels are fine but to new Overseers like us, this thing is annoying.

"Now, how to separate the remnant will from the aura?" I ask Darius for reliable information.

"Master Hiroshi, to separate the will from the aura we need to filter it in your understanding. The issue lies in the process of filtering. You need precise control of your existence power to cut off the remnant will from the aura. If there is anything still in the aura, not only you have failed but the will could directly invade your existence."

 

Of course that will happen. Existence power is similar to Outer aura in some cases so the fact that I channel my existence power to cut off the remnant will from the aura cause it to attract to the next thing which is me or the boy. It is similar to the possession of consciousness.

Despite the reference from the world core providing me with experience from my predecessor, this time I have to do it on my own. I am not sure but the absorption process I have to do for a while allows me to narrow down my estimation of the control capability I have. I can say that the probability is in my favor.

"Yes, I know that. Thanks for the reminder Darius." I feel like Darius is nagging me but the intention is received so no hard feelings.

 

And with that, I glance at the boy and our eyes meet. That is also the signal for us to begin the process. While the Overseer boy is absorbing the aura, I have to separate the remnant will, filtering it out. We use our existence power as it swells inside our bodies. Our muscles are enlarged like bodybuilders. This is the effect of Outer aura that has been properly refined with my method.

No wonder Outer Demons are strong on average...

Now I control my existence power as if a surgeon is on the operation table and one end of my existence power is akin to a scalpel. This is still a bit taxing but I can manage. The essence is the core of the aura and existence power, so I start from there. The patterns that everchanging are of no problem for me now that I am well-versed in dealing with them.

The moment my 'scalpel' is approaching, the remnant will shows itself!

This is the chance!

I unravel some part of the aura and the 'scalpel' slices through some of it, revealing a dark mist that contains the manifestation of its owner. The remnant will then let out its pressure once again. But this time we are prepared and managed to withstand it and my offense become more apparent. All out!

I cut off the most delicate and also the main connector between the remnant will and the aura, weakening its effect on the aura that the Overseer boy is currently absorbing. But that is not enough as the remnant will still be present in some parts of the aura. I have to clean it up.

This is harder because the pieces become smaller. I keep my focus and separate the will albeit slower. But this also means that the remnant will is truly separated from the aura. This took us a long time as I keep reminding the boy to temporarily stop while I need more time, can't let the remnant will have a chance to possess us amirite?

Finally, after some time passes we managed to separate the remnant will from the aura completely. I am exhausted as I cannot perceive some of the laws of the world but the effort is worth it for me. I mean the remnant will is persistent in annoying me with its pressure so it takes a long time to do it and the fatigue of overusing existence power is taking its toll on me.

As for the Overseer boy, he becomes stronger from the existence power I feel from him and the way he uses it.

"Good job, boy. I have to admit that you have potential." I praise the boy.

"Yay! Big brother praises me. So can we add each other as a friend?" the boy asks me. So he finds the function, or does he not have anyone else to add as a friend? Thoughts for later.

"Of course we can if you don't mind."

And with that, our bond has formed.

[Overseer Hiroshi has accepted the invitation of Overseer Ali]

And that's awkward for me. I forgot to ask the boy's name which is a bit inappropriate but it's too late...or is it?

"Ahem, before I return can I ask what is your name?" I bashfully smile at the boy and he replies with a bell-like laugh.

"My name is Ali. What is Big Brother's name?"

"Hiroshi. My name is...Hiroshi, yeah?" I want to say it with confidence but somehow a seed of doubt appears. But I just suppress it for now and have a handshake with Ali together with our accompanied angels doing something similar. Looks like Darius has a mutual understanding with this angel. Good for him, as I often see him not interacting much with Xiao Ruoruo and Kruger's accompanied angels.

"Well then, contact me if you need assistance." with that and a raise of my hand, I and Darius leave this world.

 

-

 

As expected, I am still not used to the travel method by an angel. Darius' wing of light shines a bit brighter before returning to normal brightness. And then the familiar laws and the world core as well as my own Divine Throne and God's Sanctuary are perceived with my sense.

"Home sweet home. Thank you for helping me, Darius. You can go back for now." since the matter is done, Darius will go to the place wherever it is where I meet the Head of Angel.

"See you later, Master Hiroshi." Darius then does something to his wing of light before his figure changes to a thin line and disappears from my sight and sense.

Loneliness, desolate. My usual routine but now that I make new bonds, I can feel it more clearly. Then I walk and sit on the Divine Throne, I am going to go into the 'daze' because, this time I manage to get so many things to think about.

Actually, this is the objective of meditation you so often hear in many martial art and cultivation novels. The 'daze' is the method that will help you greatly to achieve enlightenment after all. But in my previous life, I have memories of me doing this kind of meditation but the result is disappointing from my perspective.

I have to sit cross-legged, adjust my breathing rhythm and close my eyes. DOES NOT WORK!

Then from frustration, I search on the internet and find that there is a relation between meditation and what humans know as theta brain wave.

Anyone can enter this state and this state is not dependent on physical position, posture, etc but on the psyche. Usually, there are some everyday conditions when the human brain is tuned to theta wave. First is when they are on the verge of sleep in a 'daze' and the early part of sleep, and second is when they are truly relaxed. The catch is that when you return to the alpha wave, you will feel a bit sluggish over your body.

 

This is the state where you can receive enlightenment the easiest because you are somehow connected to the place where the source of all realms of knowledge comes.

From that moment till the end of my previous life, I always practice this state. And I really have a plan to share this knowledge with my friends and possibly, the sentient creature of my world. No, I will make such a system in place and relay it through enjoinment.

The best thing about this state is that when you have worked hard on a certain subject whether previously or in the present if you enter this 'daze', you have a higher chance to receive enlightenment in relation to what you have worked for in the past or whatever you are doing now.

That is why I am going to go into the 'daze'. Not only this method is guaranteed to help you but it also raises the probability of you receiving enlightenment. There is only one issue, you have to be really patient because not every 'daze' will get you enlightened. That is not how it works, after all.

The keyword here is patience. A Delayed, diligent approach to a subject is advised and that is what I am doing even at this moment.

The pattern of the essence...the changed pattern...the afterlife model...the balance of the world...physical change...existence energy quality and quantity...Borderland...

It is one of a kind sensation but in this state, time flows really fast but slowly on my side. Hmm, wait a minute...why is the flow of time around the Divine Throne is different?

"Don't tell me!?" I have a hunch. Then with the understanding I have of space-time manipulation, I am starting to feel it. Even better, numerous ideas are gushing out of my mind. Oh, this is something I can occasionally reap from the 'daze'. It turns out that my attention to space-time understanding before my spar with Mirelin is increasing at this time.

 

"Yes, yes. I can do this but there will be a slight problem though, then that is the reason why!" the gushing ideas are starting to give me direction on where to improve my mastery and understanding of this law.

"Should've been obvious that mass is the variable. Me and my dummy head." I scratch my head in a helpless manner. I can't help it since for intelligent ones, it is as bright as 1+1=2.

"Hmm, time flow is a bit interesting though. I know that time is unstoppable but how to achieve the slowest time flow possible without the being receive any backlash..."

Learning, contemplating, and understanding in silence with I, myself, and me. In this manner, I am increasing my understanding as well as my potential. After that, it is time to let my world grow once more. I control the whole space-time of the universe and flash forward it a bit more. About a billion years in total and then I have to adjust various planets so that they can be hospitable for Vegetative and Active stage.

Not just any Vegetative and Active stage but also the advanced forms of that being due to evolution. My understanding of matter is average among the new batch of Overseers but I have something new to offer. With it, perhaps the new power level I envision can be established in my world.

 

The world core also responds to my will, a special kind of matter with part of my modified essence created with my own hands. It is what I will call Origin. And the derivative thing that comes from it will be Origin Energy. I blew the Origin and with my will and the world core assisting, the Origin is successfully permeated to every part of being and matter in my world.

"Origin is interesting. It is a combination of my existence power and the change pattern understanding from Outer Demon's aura. Even my Foresight is showing some ridiculous potential with this thing in my world."

 

0