Chapter 3: Stop to Give Up
293 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My apartment was pretty filled up thanks to my well paid ex-job. I had a fairly widespread gaming setup, some spare car parts and lots and lots of posters, really unfortunately for me right now, my happiness was broken by the fact that my landlord was standing in the middle of it, staring at me, or rather my new figure. I was stunned, what do I say? What do I do?. I panicked and begun to make for the door.

“Wait Cyrus! I won’t hurt you, please if that’s you just nod,” She reached out and looked at me, pleading with her eyes. I slowly nodded and sunk to my knees.

“Miura I don’t know what happened, that storm hit and then all I could feel was pain. Then I woke up and I got chased by the police and I lost him and-mmph,” She put a hand over my mouth to stop my verbal diarrhea

“Cy its okay. Let’s just get you cleaned up and comfortable okay, no-one is going to hurt you.”

She leads me into the bathroom, lays out a towel for me and puts the shower on while I sit on the toilet stiff. My focus was on the television and I felt a tingle of its presence. Then suddenly I could hear and even see clearly what is being shown on it.

The storms known as the Emergence have brought about quite a tense atmosphere all over the world. New York is currently under attack by what appears to be a huge dragon, we don’t know quite yet whether a person became the dragon or whether it came with the storm. Our BBC America crew are currently unable to get us any footage of the terrifying beast, hopefully they are safe

I suddenly came to the realisation that I may be in a tough spot, but at least I’m not dead. And I begin to wonder what the extent of my powers are. It seems that I could shift an entire car without it even being active, and can currently seemingly use the television while I’m not even remotely in the same room. Oh hang on, they’re just finishing the report on the US..

In the UK we seem to have gotten off a little bit better than the US. We unfortunately do have to bring you the news that one of the guards at the Houses of Parliament was struck by the Emergence and grew exponentially in size, in the process accidentally destroying the iconic Big Ben bell. A London demolition service has been brought in to try and free the man, who remains a fair bit stuck partially inside the remains of the tower. It doesn’t seem like they’re planning on prosecuting the man, as he has apologised so sincerely for what he calls “all the fuss.

I giggle out loud uncharacteristically and suddenly my concentration is ripped from the TV far away back to my body and I feel very nauseous. “Miura...you might want to….just leave the bathroom for a second” I barely get that out before my hands clutch around my thin waist. She gives me a look of pity and quickly steps out of the bathroom and closes the door. I turn to the toilet and start bringing up my lunch.

“If you can hear me the shower should be ready by the time you’re done with your business. I’ll go get you some clothes for tomorrow and some pajamas for tonight. Nothing you’ve got here is going to fit you anymore. We’ll have to go shopping tomorrow! I need some new clothes myself as well. I’ll be back in a quarter of an hour ok?” I could barely hear her over the sound of the shower and my unwell reaction to being jolted back into my body.

Eventually my stomach stopped convulsing and without looking I flushed the toilet and ran to the sink to wash out my mouth. “That felt so gross” I muttered, walking over to the shower I begun to strip for the first time since the shift in bodies. The first thing that strikes me is how smooth my skin has become, my old male south was covered in acne scars and marks where injuries and scabs never really healed properly. It now felt like I had never even come within fifteen miles of a scab or a cut. I couldn’t find one anywhere on my left arm, my metallic right arm though, that was another story.

In the bathroom light it glinted a very interesting blue. Testing its flexibility I reach up and behind my back to see just how far it can do, and it seems to shift and behave just like a normal human arm, but when I flick it with my normal finger it rings like if you were to flick a very thin metal object, it however doesn’t bend with the impact like skin.

“So it appears to be impact resistant? Thats...neat, I wonder how much stronger that arm is?” I mused to no-one in particular.

The next inevitable thing to come across was my breasts, they looked so big from this perspective. I could only estimate that I think they were C-cup...possibly even D!
I couldn’t deal with that right now. I need the warmth of the shower to calm my aching body. Just before I entered the shower I remembered that I have a speaker with my MP3 player on it in the next room.

“Ok Cyr- Cy, you moved a goddamn car. You can turn on a goddamn speaker.” Closing my eyes, I try to reach out and feel if I can find it. A very faint electric pulse rises between the antenna on my head and I find I can feel everything right down to the lady’s pacemaker in the apartment downstairs. Finding the speaker’s presence I send a signal that I want it to active and all of a sudden I can hear it start up and the music blares out.

“Heh, actually this ability might be of some real good use”. I wonder how far I can push it, clearly right now doing it for too long, or at least throwing my mind out like I seemed to for the TV was too much for my body right now. I stepped underneath the showerhead, humming out one of the Eurobeat songs that was playing from the other room.

It just ain't true
I really need you in my life
No matter what I have to dooo
I’ll wait for youuuu

Reaching back I run my hands through my much longer and strangely coloured hair. It was purely white, like the blankets of snow on an especially cold winter's night, or like my car actually. I think of the white Mazda sitting in its garage outside, waiting patiently for its next trip out. Suddenly feeling immensely cheered up I reach for some shampoo to wash my hair with but stop. I don’t really have suitable products for this, don’t girls like this...like me…

It hit me then, all of a sudden, why am I feeling like I should make an effort to present myself now? I used to not much bother; either I was going outside to work on the car or work in general, or I just don’t go out at all. I hadn’t put any consideration into my appearance before, something has definitely seemed to shift in my general attitude since the sudden gender swap. Flashing back to when I escaped that possibly awkward and disastrous police encounter I felt way too happy for having gone through that painful transition, and now I look at myself in the mirror and feel the water running down my body, between all my new extremities and I feel nothing but satisfaction. Sure I could still be emotionally stormy like when Miura discovered me.

Maybe I should have always been a girl? I don’t know, it’s too soon to tell.

Regardless I just have to make sure of what I’ve got and I scrubbed my hair clean through using the shampoo and conditioner. When I was nearly done I heard the front door’s lock undo and open.

“Miura? Good timing” I call out. “I’m not quite done drying out so can you put whatever you brought down outside the bathroom thanks”

“Okay Cy, how’re you feeling, it must be hard having your body change like that, do you think there is a way to go back?” Miura responds, leaning against the bathroom door to hear my reply.

“I’m...not sure I want to, Miura. Don’t know why but something just feels better.” I carefully rub my towel over my head, in between my antennae and in between my boobs. “Plus this new power I have, I think it could be really useful. Watch the TV!” I stop scrubbing myself and concentrate out for the TV again, willing it to turn on and change to the news channel, I can just about hear it boot up.

“I don’t mean to be rude Cy, but how do I know you don’t just have the remote, if you do have these powers use them to do something useful for yourself and for people perhaps? Don’t just lounge about here all day now you’re unemployed.” Miura sighs from the other side of the door.

I wrap the towel around my body, careful to place it around my top half instead of just the usual waist position. “I won’t just do that Miura! That’s the other thing, I feel like I can actually go out and do things like this, ever since I left education I only left the house to fiddle with the RX7 and to go work at that fuckin’ company. You mentioned shopping tomorrow? I don’t want people to see my arm and these antenna, do you have a hat or something?” I ponder, opening the door a tad and taking the pajamas she brought for me. They were bright pink with little cartoon robots all over them. “A little bit on the nose don’t you think?”

I hear a stifled giggle from the hallway. “Sorry sorry, I remembered that I had them. And uh to answer that other question I do have a big floppy straw hat you can use. I think that’d fit your head now. And okay, shopping tomorrow indeed. It’s a date! I’m glad you’re okay. I must leave you and go sleep though, its gone midnight now. I’ll bring the hat tomorrow at 11. Don’t oversleep!”

“I’ll set an alarm! Thanks for everything Miura. I hope whatever that storm is doesn’t break everyone and everything. I don’t want the apocalypse to happen during my lifetime.” I pull on the pajamas, blushing when the fabric rubs against my sensitive nipples.

“I hope so too Cy, be round later, bye!” And with that she leaves the apartment, closing the door and locking it behind her. I leave the bathroom and head down to my bedroom where I see she left a small pile of clothes for me. Crouching down I shift through what was left for me.
“I guess she has had to guess my sizes huh” I pick up the bra on the top with two fingers as if it was an alien device. I wasn’t sure where to begin with it. Everything else she left me seemed fairly innocuous except for a fairly frilly looking blouse and a quite worn looking pair of flats. I’m not ready for this, sighing I flopped down on my bed and despite leaving the radio on, very quickly sleep claimed its latest victim.

Stop to give up
I want to believe
Cuz you know
Life is going on and on and on

14