Chapter 7: Cutting ties
1.6k 1 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Cut ties with False Friends as early as possible. Do it before they dig out the dream seeds you've planted! The earlier, the better; the quicker, the safer! Avoid like the plague. They always multiply. In conclusion, ignore them with all your might. Never give them your energy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

William's POV

After that we met up with mom who was waiting by the school gate looking both annoyed and worried at the same time.

When she saw me she immediately said, "Where were you? I was waiting here for a long-" but she wasn't able to finish her words because she saw Jean holding my hand and following behind me.

"Oh my... who is this cute little girl following you?"

I introduced them to each other, "Jean this is my Mom and Mom this is Jean."

Jean is a bit shy but she still greeted Mom "...hello."

Mom knelt down so that she is eye level to Jean and me. "You're so adorable... I didn't know your friend will be this cute." Jean blushed and mom couldn't hold herself and hugged her tightly. 

Jean is embarrassed and doesn't know what to do so I quickly said "Mom? What are you doing?"

"She is just so cute I want to adopt her, hehe."

"She's not a dog you can't do that!"

After that we went to a family diner and ate there. The whole time Mom pampered Jean like she was her own child while me the real son is left alone. But I guess it was fine because even though Jean was embarrassed at the start she looked like she enjoyed it and was happy.

Then it was time for us to go home.

"Are you sure you don't want us to drop you off your house?" 

"It's fine... Thank you Aunt Elise but I will be riding the school bus home."

"Alright... Be careful."

"Bye Jean" I said while waving goodbye.

"Bye Will, I'll see you at school and thank you..." After that she run to the bus and we watched her the whole way, making sure she'll be fine.

Then me and Mom got on the car and drove home. On the way she asked me, "She's the reason you wanted to skip a few grades isn't it? Why? You fell in love with her huh?" Then she laughed at me. "Well I would'nt blame you she's cute and I'm sure she'll only turn more beautiful as she grows older."

I sighed because I knew she will ask me this as soon as she saw Jean. "No mom, I don't like her like that we're just friends." And it's true, I don't have a crush to Jean because I'm not a pedophile but... If we're older maybe. 

"Oh really? Then do you just pity her then? That's why you want to help her?" 

"Huh?! Where did that come from?" 

She then turned to me and pointed at her eyes. "Well I never really told you what my eyes can do huh?"

"I thought it helps you in your job, you know kinda like X-ray?"

She then looked back at the road and said "Well it is but... I can also sorta see some sort of aura around a person. And the first time I saw her I knew Immediately that something is wrong. Her aura is so pitiful like she's been betrayed or something."

"Is that why you pampered her so much today?"

"Yeah... I felt like she needed it. So is that why your friends with her? Do you pity her?"

I thought about it and I guess she's right and wrong. The first time I met her I just thought she was cute then when I knew who she was I felt a bit sorry for her. She always dies then comes back to life again and again. I guess that is a consequence if you were chosen by the cosmic force of rebirth. 

But everytime she dies and is resurrected the world changes around her. If I remember correctly when she died her friends changed, her lover Cyclops got married, her environment is different, everything around her changed. I guess I was projecting myself a bit because I died and all of a sudden everything changed for me as well.

But I gotten to know her more and I don't think of her as just Jean Grey the powerful mutant and the avatar of the phoenix. She's also a normal person who was bullied and because of that she has low self-esteem but she also wants to change and be confident. Although the time we spent together isn't that long I know that she's my friend.

So I said to Mom, "Yes I pity her at first but not anymore because I know she's doing her best to change, to be more confident. I wasn't friends with her because I pity her, I was friends with her because she's a nice person to be around."

Mom just nodded and continued driving.

Then the next day at school I was in the clinic waiting for Jean to come. The door opened and Jean came in with a smile on her face.

"Good morning, Will" She smiled and wave at me.

I smiled back and asked "Good morning. Why are you so happy today?"

"Well, because you'll be my classmate starting today right? So come on let's go." Then she pulled me and walked towards the classroom.

"Hey slowdown! The classroom isn't going anywhere. Plus I am not yet your classmate the results still hasn't come out and I haven't yet talked to the councillor."

"I know that you'll pass so it doesn't matter if you come into our classroom tomorrow or today!"

We then arrived at the classroom the teacher looked at me and asked.

"Are you my student? What's your name?"

"No sir, but I will be assigned here after the results of my test come."

"So that means your not my student?"

"I... yes, but-" 

He cut me off and strictly said, "Then that means you shouldn't be in my classroom. Come back when you're in my class list."

The fuck? Why are you so strict? We're grade schoolers there is no need to be like that. 

Then when I was about to argue again to him, he just points at the door. So I sighed and said to Jean "Looks like I'll see you when the class is over. I'm going to the principal's office."

She just nodded but the smile on her face is gone so I said, "Don't worry I'm going to be here okay?"

After that I went to the principal's office to talk. I hate that teacher I hope he stubs his pinky toe a hundred times. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jean Grey's POV

When Will isn't allowed to come inside the classroom my excitement for this day disappeared and I suddenly felt anxious. I looked around the room and I feel that everyone is looking at me until I made eye contact to Britney.

She glared at me and I felt a bit silly being this nervous just because Will isn't here. I looked Britney straight in the eye and smiled she only glared at me harder but I ignored her and took a seat.

I shouldn't care about what they think, the important thing is what I think.  

The class went as normal and I just focused on it, ignoring the looks and talks about me.

Then when it was lunch break I went out the room to look for Will so that we can eat together but he isn't there.

Then a voice called me from behind. "Hey Jeanie! Looks like you're all alone again... Where's your coward of a friend huh?" It's Britney.

I immediately felt nervous but... I guess it's time to face her and stop running away. So I turned around and said, "Hello Britney is there something you need from me?"

"Well well, looks like you gain some backbone Jeanie. Does having that coward made you confident? But you're now alone... So why don't we talk for a bit?"

I... can do this! Just a talk and then they'll leave me alone. After that all of this will be behind me.

She came closer to me and started playing with my hair, "Whaddya say? Hmm?"

I clenched my fist because it wouldn't stop shaking then I glared at her and slapped her hand away. 

"Don't touch me."

She laughed mockingly at me, "Wow... look at that."

"If you want to talk we can do it at a quieter place."

"Well... If you say so." Then she laughed again.

Both of them followed me to the place where we were yesterday. Through out the way I couldn't stop my hand from shaking and I kept on doubting myself if I should be doing this. But... I want to cut my ties with them properly because even though they are like this now... They were still my friends before.

 "I thought you were smart Jean... but why did you take us here?"

We were now at the back of the building the place that we were just yesterday ago. The place where I almost gave up... but was found by Will before that could happen. 

I took a deep breath and calmed my nerves and look them both in the eyes.

"You two were my first friends... We used to do everything together, eat, play, study and you even been to my house before. I thought that we will grew up together but... I guess I was wrong." I clenched my fist, regretful about what could have been...

"What's the point of all this huh Jeanie? I don't care about that shit... what I want to do is finish where we left off yesterday. Come on give me the scissors Sarah."

"B-but shouldn't we hear her out first Britney? I-I wanna hear what she wants to say..."

"Shut up! I don't care-"

I didn't care if they were listening or not but I continued talking even when they were arguing.

"Both of you started to change... And started ignoring me and distancing yourselves from me. I was stupid to chase after you and stupid for thinking that it was my fault that you changed." I can feel tears flowing down my cheeks as I talk.

"You were jealous of me... Of the complements and praises that I get but I didn't care about any of that. I tried to help you, I even purposely lowered my scores just so that we could be friends again. But you just kept on doing those things and spreading rumors about me..." I wiped my tears and clenched my fists.

"I endured all of that thinking that someday you'll be my friends again. But that is not what a friend should be... If it weren't for Will then I'll probably be just like Sarah... Just following whatever you told me to do and not even doing what I want." I took a deep breath and smiled at them. "Both of you were my first friends and I'll always treasure the memories of our time together. But It's time we go our separate ways..."

Finished with what I have to say I turned around and walked away. But Britney suddenly pulled my hair making me look at her.

"You bitch...! What are you spouting on and on about? Me? Jealous of you? Keep dreami-"

I glared at her and grabbed the hand holding my hair and made her let go. Then I raised my hand and slapped her across the cheeks. Shocked Britney stopped talking and just starred blankly. I then pushed her away from me and said.

"If you think I wouldn't fight back then you're wrong!"

"Y-you bitch...!" Then she tried to get to me again but Sarah held her back. "S-stop it Britney!"

"Let me go Sarah! I'm going to make her cry!"

I fixed my hair and glared at Britney. "I don't get it... Why are you so jealous of me Britney? In truth I should be jealous of you... You were confident and  sociable. You have nothing to be jealous of me I'm just ...me." 

"You fucking bitch...! Who said I was jeal-"

She was interrupted because someone suddenly said, "Well that is what you're wrong about Jean. She has plenty to be jealous from you because you're smart, beautiful and most of all you're kind..." Then he looked at Britney who is still being held by Sarah. "Unlike someone over there." It's Will.

"You fucking coward watch what you're saying!"

"Go Jean! Get out of here! I'll try to calm her down..."

"Thanks Sarah."

"It's the least that I can do... After all we did to you and for what's it worth I'm sorry..."

I just smiled and then get out of there with Will.

"That's all you're going to do? They took you at the back of the building again! What if they hurt you..." Will said while worriedly looking at me.

"I was the one that took them there-"

"What!? Why would you do that!"

"I wanted to settle it on my terms" I said then smiled at him. 

He looked at me carefully then nodded, "Well if that is what you want then I don't have the right to tell you no. So... wanna get something to eat?"

"Yeah that would be nice... By the way where were you?"

He laughed nervously at me, "So uhmm... I was at the principals office and the good news is I managed to pass the exams-"

I interrupted him and hugged him tightly "That's good news! Does that mean we're going to be classmates soon?"

"Well... I was not finished the bad news is that I did too well so I was qualified to skip until grade 7" Then he scratched the back of his head and laughed.

47