1 – It Was Just A Normal Day Until I Saw Her
145 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Classes has started a while ago. The teacher's discussion is getting boring so I distract myself by looking at the window to enjoy the view by myself. I see tall buildings, houses that are stacked besides with each other, a bakery that sells tasty breads, people crossing the streets and on the other side, cars are roaming wherever their destinations and cherry blossom petals falling down from the tree. Some of them are being carried by the wind. It's a sign that spring has already come and here we are, in this not-so-enjoyable place called school.

I went and take a peek at the person on my right side. It was a girl. And not just any girl. She has a silky smooth black hair with brown eyes and has a thin body. She wears the school's signature uniform and honestly, she was cute.

Her name's Shirayuki Hana. She's not just good academically but also at sports too and there, she gains popularity not just in our class, but also in other classes too. But despite all of those talents of hers, she doesn't talk. No one has ever seen her interacting with anyone in the class let alone in the other class too. Because of that, the people gave her a nickname: "The Silent Angel".

Being a guy who isn't interested in those, all of those doesn't matter to me. I just want to go home and play games all day. I don't like making any big problems. It's impossible for a person on not having a problem at all. Everybody has one, some are small, some are big but in my case, not interacting with her is the best choice as to not to create a big problem.

I can only hope that the Silent Angel can find someone that can accompany and give her a memorable time.

*********

Once lunchtime arrived, I went with my lunch in a plastic bag and headed for the rooftop. People don't go to the rooftop in large numbers since some have already formed social groups and others are in committed relationships and must spend time with their partners. The cafeteria, the classroom, or the back of the school, which is usually occupied by boys in another class, are the most common places to eat lunch.

After a short while after ascending the rooftop stairs, I can see a solid metal door in front of me. I reach over, turn the knob, and open it. Fortunately, it isn't locked. The person in charge likely felt that nobody would ever spend time in this lonely and gloomy location and that locking it every time would be a burden, so they left it open.

I went outside and what greeted me was the empty space. The wind is blowing a cold air and it gave me the chills. The sky above me shows a few fluffy clouds that sometimes covers the shining sun. It's a beautiful day to eat lunch by yourself and enjoy the scenery.

I grab my sandwich and a bottle of green tea to replenish my energy for the upcoming PE in the afternoon. I don't like PE. It's just a waste of energy for an introverted guy like me. PE is only good for people who has a lot of energy stored in their body. It's my Top 1 Most Dislike Subject next to Math. I would rather use my thinking ability to play games rather than using my physical energy on something unnecessary. 

But I don't want to risk having a failing score in this subject so I can only complain inside of me and get my butt off to work in order to atleast acquire a passing score.

It's also at this time where we can see the popular Silent Angel performs. So I guess it's worth the time to waste, I guess?

The school bells' ringing is the sign that lunch has ended and the afternoon classes will now start. Since our first period is PE, I immediately went to the boys' locker room and get dressed up in my PE uniform. Obviously the locker room is filled with my male classmates which most of them are having a chat with each other. What a sad day.

Today, we will be having a basketball in our PE and it will be separated by genders. The teacher decided to let the girls use the court first. And now the boys are in an excited state since they can now cheer for the girls they like. Boys will be boys.

Naturally, I went and find a corner in order to avoid interacting with the energetic people as their energetic aura is as contagious as acquiring a common cold. 

For some time, the court is getting louder as the boys is cheering the girls that's playing in the court. There, I see the Silent Angel giving her best performance as if I were initially observing a professional athlete. One of the girls gave her the ball and Silent Angel swiftly takes a shot. Confidently, the ball went in now the Silent Angel's team acquires points in their team.

"UOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!"

"That's the Silent Angel were seeing here! She's so beautiful even while taking that shot!"

"That's it man, I'm confessing her after this"

The boy's cheering is now as loud as my eardrums can't handle the noise in the surroundings. On the other side of the boys' team, the girls are cheering for their friend, some are cheering for the Silent Angel as you can hear them saying her name.

 

Classes has ended for today and and it's time to go home. Some stays because of their club, some are waiting for people in other class. I don't see the Silent Angel today. She's as early to leave as she arrives early. Naturally, my only destination is my home as I haven't joined in any clubs. Let's just grab my bag and call it a day today.

 

********

 

"Watch out for enemies! You're the only one left!"

"Plant the bomb, plant the bomb! You don't have much time left!"

"Can he even win this round? There's five enemies and he's the only one left"

"CLUTCH IT BRO! JUST F*CKING CLUTCH IT!!!"

Will you all please just shut up and watch? I can't concentrate here

As you can see here, I'm playing a popular FPS game in St*am and now my team has been nagging me since I'm the only one left. To make matters worse, it's the last round to decide who's going to win and who's going to lose. 

I check the remaining time of the round. It's less than 60 seconds. I need to win this round. No. I must WIN this round. 

I cross under the bridge going at A site. My main weapon is a sniper so I need to be careful as I could be at a disadvantage when it comes to close range. 

"Found one enemy" I need to take the shot. The fate of my team is at my disposal. I fire my sniper weapon and successfully down one. As expected of a sniper weapon, it's one shot, one kill. 

Suddenly, one enemy showed up after taking the shot. I immediately switch to pistol and aim for the enemy's head. Luckily I take down the second enemy instantly. 

"Two down, three to go." It was a perfect execution that even I myself can't believe that I manage to survive. They already know that their enemy has killed their two teams and now as of this moment, they are now going into my location to take me down whatever it takes. 

Of course, I don't want to waste my time and went ahead to plant the bomb. 

"Bomb has been planted" a male voice has announced that I successfully completed my objective. Now the next thing to do is to defend the site. I can feel my head being sorrounded by a cold sweat and my hands are sweating and trembling from the keyboard and mouse. I can feel my blood boiling inside of my body as this is the most intense round I have experience in my years of playing this game. 

I position my character above the bridge to have a decent view to the planted bomb. I check the remaining time once again. Twenty seconds remaining, when including the bomb's timer which will explode when 40 seconds has passed, I have a minute to defend the site.

unintelligible noises in the mic

My team is so noisy that I can't comprehend what they're saying. I'm guessing it's a mix of cheering emotions and people yelling at the mic. Nevertheless, I steel myself to achieve the team's victory. 

A few moments later I heard footsteps below the bridge. I went and prepare my sniper to see the source of the sound. One enemy is in my sight. Good. I take the shot and his HP immediately went down to zero. That's three down. Only two enemies remaining. The bomb's ticking is getting faster. It's a sign that the time is almost up.

I change my position from the bridge to the big wooden boxes at the bomb site in order to not be seen by the remaining enemies then all of a sudden, I took a hit from my opponent. There, I see my enemy. His position is at my former position which is at the bridge. I went and take cover to the boxes beside me as to not recieve any more damage. I check my remaining HP and now it's at 10%. There's two enemies left and my health is almost at a critical point. I'm at a disadvantage here. I don't think I can win this. 

Suddenly, my character has been knocked down by the 2nd enemy. The killcam shows that he was just at my back the moment the 1st enemy shows up. Dammit, is this where this ends? 

The bomb's ticking is rapidly ticking and the enemy tried to defuse it but there's no time left for them. It's the end for the defending team and-----

BOOM!!!

The bomb explodes. That concludes this round.

 

********

 

 "Thank you and come again!" The store clerk says those words as I went outside from the convenience store. After playing for more than three hours, my stomach can't take it and it tells me to grab some food and calm the hunger down. I went to the convenient store, which can be walked from my apartment for 5 minutes, to grab what I need. I bought a ready-to-eat pack meal, a bottled green tea, a chips and a cola. That should be my dinner for tonight.

Unfortunately, I can't cook so I am thankful that these types of food that can be eaten just by heating it exists. Thank you humanity!

I went home to eat the foods that I recently bought from the store. While I walking towards my destination, I can see the sea with white sands besides the road. Even though the sea is just pretty much near in my place, you're not allowed to swim in there, sadly. Even if it's allowed to do so, sea swimming in my opinion are for extroverted peoples, families and couples. 

I caught sight of an odd figure at the beach as I was looking out at the sea in front of me. Since the figure was wearing the girl's uniform from my school, she must be a student there. However, she looks a lot like a classmate of mine. The reason she was there was troubling because you would need to board a train from the area near my school and it would take six stations to get her. I always travel in this manner to get to school.

It's getting late and she might get caught by the curfew dudes in here. I should take some actions even though I haven't interacted with anyone other than my family and a friend of mine. 

I approach the figure to tell her that she should need to go home as it is dangerous and her family might be worried about her. As I take a closer look at the figure, it was the Silent Angel who was sitting at the white sand wearing a dejected expression from her face.

"What are you doing out here so late in the night?"

As I ask the Silent Angel this question, she turns her head on my direction. She makes a shocking expression as if she was being caught by the police but she turns her head back towards the sea in front of her. It was as if my existence was as empty and nothing.  That makes me hurt you know?

I tried to reach out to her by sitting besides her. Now that I take a closer at her, she is one heck of a beauty. I know that she is beautiful but never have I thought that her beauty is as grogeous as a fashion model.

I have never observe her as close as this situation even though our seats is just a meter apart since I was alwasys sleepy in every classes. That's what I get from playing too much games from night to dawn. I should change my habit.

Moments later, she was grabbing something from her pocket. What's in her pocket is a memo pad and black ink ballpoint pen. Is she going to write something? Maybe she was thinking something and she writes it down as to prevent from forgetting it.

As she was writing from her memo pad, eventually she finishes writing and shows it to me.

[ Will you please stay with me for a while? ] is what she wrote.

This is unbelievable.

 

 

Finally, the first chapter of my new series is done and I gotta say I've done a pretty good job. Hopefully this series will last longer until it reaches its end with no issues. I'm just writing for experience and fun after all XD

I hope you like this new work of mine!

Edit: I know the title sounds misleading at first but please bear with me as I will live it up to the title in the future chapters. I hope you understand fellow readers *bows*

With that said, please look forward for the future chapters!

4