5 – Law Of Attraction
50 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened today, just your normal lectures in your usual classroom at your usual school. It would be good if I could just go home away immediately, but I might get reprimanded by the teacher, so it's not worth the time, and moreover, only a lunatic would do something like that.

Five days from now, the test will begin. No club events will be happening for a week so that students can concentrate on studying for the test. Some students were studying in the library, while others were doing group study at a friend's house. Must be nice to have folks like that.

Lunch has arrived, so I take my food and head straight to the rooftop. As usual, no one has ever visited this area, which is a good thing for me since it allows me to have my meal alone without fear of being noticed by others.

I brought my regular lunch, a sandwich, and a green tea bottle with me. I don't have to worry about my allowance because these things only take up a small portion of my budget. My money is largely spent on games and in-game skins. I know it sounds like a waste of money, but it's mine, so I can do whatever I want with it.

But then again, I shouldn't spend too much or else I don't have any money to buy basic necessities or to pay the bills. Ughhh, I don't wanna think about those. Even though I'm still a student, I feel like I'm already an adult as I already have a decent amount of things to worry about.

The door unexpectedly opened while I was enjoying my lunch. I went and take look at the source of the sound and---

"Hey"

It was none other than the Silent Angel herself. 

....

What? Why is the popular girl in my class in this place? Does she have to do something here?

All those questions that's been popping out in my head has been blown to dust as the Silent Angel approached me with a seemingly determined reaction. She is writing in a pad and gave it to me.

[ So this is where you stay at lunchtime ]

She sits beside me as I told the reasons on how I ended up in this place. Of all the available spaces, why would she sit here?

"I dislike being in loud locations and prefer to be in quiet ones. The library is out of the question, and the restroom is a bad location to spend my lunch hour, so I came up to the rooftop instead. I would love to be at the cafeteria but it would be much awkward eating there by yourself. I don't have friends, you see?" 

I stated why I chose the rooftop over the other areas that I mentioned. The rooftop, of all the places I've discussed, is ideal for a loner like me. Sure, it's silent and empty, and it appears lifeless, but that's what makes it an ideal site for me, and you get to enjoy the scenery all by yourself.

"Well, enough about me. What are you doing here?"

She must have a reason for being here in the first place. And, no, I'm not convinced she's simply dropping by to say hello. Of course she doesn't; we're talking about the most popular girl in our class! She can't just have a normal conversation with a mob character like me.

As I ask her those questions, she takes something from her pocket. It was a smartphone. That is, a normal smarthphone that you can buy one in the mobile store. I've seen that some of the girls in my class have unique phone designs, so it's odd to discover that the Sielnt Angel doesn't have one. Perhaps she isn't the sort to create things?

The Silent Angel Angel gave a memo sheet with her writing saying:

[ Can we exchange contacts? ]

"Why should we exchange contacts?"

It's not that I dislike sharing contact info with her. In truth, I should be grateful that she went her own way so that we could exchange contact information. But something tells me she has a reason for her behaviors, or maybe I'm just overthinking everything. I really should quit thinking so much.

[ Can I not? ]

"Well, sure you can but---"

[ Then let's exchange contacts together ]

She's a stubborn one isn't she?

I cast a quick glimpse towards the woman beside me. And she glances at me. She was gazing at me so intensely that each passing second made me uneasy. Is she really that desperate for my contact information?

"Fine. Here."

I take my phone out in my pocket to make exchange contacts with her. Our exchange seems seems to be successful as I see her full name in my RINE account contacts.

"There. I'm done exchanging with you. You happy?" I utter with a complaint tone to the Silent Angel. What would she do with my contact now that she had it?

She makes a nodding gesture with a hint of smile in her face. Wait, I meant it as a sarcasm and she's literally happy with it?

I sigh hard at what is happening to me The sky is as clear as the sea. There are no signs of the black clouds that are forming above. I observe some planes flying around carrying passengers or crucial packages. The sun continues to shine brilliantly as usual and shows no signs of dimming. Both of us here on the rooftop are doing something else at the same moment. The Silent Angel raises her hand to the heavens, as if seeking for something, but she can never be grasped. Meanwhile, I sigh hard at what is happening to me and continued to eat my unfinished meal while watching the weird activity of the Silent Angel.

Cutting the awkward silence between us, I called out to her

"Hey, don't you have anything to do today?"

[ I don't have anything planned other than helping you in your studies after school. ]

I've been taught by the Silent Angel at the library every school day for the past two days, and it wasn't too bad. She did want me to request something from her, which I did by being instructed by her, but in every class, we acted as if being tutored by the Silent Angel was a dream, which I'm alright with it.

"Huh. And here I thought that you joined the sports club"

It isn't required to join a club, although it is highly encouraged. I decided not to join since it's a bother for me and it appears to be a place for those with a lot of friends. Only persons who are interested in joining or who have talents, in my opinion, can join a club, but I don't want to because I don't have any notable talents. If you consider gaming to be a talent, I could join a club, although I doubt there are any 'Gaming' clubs at my school.

 But in the Silent Angel's case, she's a rather talented one and she could join any club that she wanted to. And considering her talents, I'm not surprised she joined any clubs but I was wrong.

[ They did come to me to join their club but I declined. I don't like getting some attention ]

Huh... Isn't that surprising?

The school bell has rung, saying that lunch time is over. I clean up my mess when the Silent Angel stands up from her seat and looks at me. She is fiddling with her smartphone and suddenly I received a text message from a sender named 'Shirayuki Hana'

[ I'll see you at the library after classes okay? ]

[ Yeah, I'll see you there ]

I responded to her message. Another day, another review session. If only I didn't have an exam next week, I could have played games once I got home. But, to be honest, I am looking forward to it because I will be tutored by one of the most popular girls in my school. Even though I warned myself that approaching her would draw unwelcome attention but every time I tried to avoid her, she drew closer to me. Is this what they mean by "The Law of Attraction"?

I watched the Silent Angel go downstairs to return to our classroom while I just glanced at my surroundings, thinking about what had occurred to me just now.

 

 

I'm finally back writing. This one took me longer than I thought oof. 

4