7 – Waking Up Early Is Either Good Or Bad
44 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ughhh, I don't wanna go to school... I'm so tired..."

School. Whoever invented school must be punished for eternity. I will never forgive that person for inventing "school." Why should we, as young people, suffer for so many years if we all end up six feet off the ground? I'm not even sure why we have to do this.

As much as I want to ask philosophical questions about school, I have to go since I will be scolded by my beloved parents who work hard for my future. No school, no more games. No game, no life (pun intended XD).

I force my body to wake up in order to prepare for today's most boring activity. I went to the bathroom to take a shower to cleanse my sweaty body and avoid emitting a stinky odor. After showering, I change into our school's characteristic uniform and go directly to the fridge, looking for food that will be served as my 'breakfast'.

"Let's see, what do we have here. Eggs, a sliced bread, butter, a milk and a pizza. Gonna pass the egg right now. Too lazy to cook. Bread and butter sounds dull. Guess I'll go for pizza and milk then."

I put the pizza in the oven to reheat it, and what about the milk? I'll simply drink from the container. I'm too tired to get a cup.

I check the time on my phone, which reads '7:00 AM' as I wait for the pizza to be warmed. It's strange for me to wake up early in the morning because I normally get up at 8 a.m. My usual routine when I get up one hour before classes is the same as it always is, but I'm not in a rush because I still have time to get to school on time.

After that, I proceeded to the nearest convenience store from the station, which was conveniently close to my school. That is where I generally get my lunch. When I don't have breakfast because it's too much of a headache for me to prepare something, I go to a fast food restaurant and buy their already-cooked dishes so that I can toss it into my oven like I'm doing right now.

And there you have it, my daily routine when I wake up pretty much late in the morning. But what happens if I wake up too early? Well, it's still the same old routine but I get to go to school really, which is a good thing for me as I don't have to worry about getting late.

The microwave oven emits a 'ding' sound, which indicates that it has finished reheating my breakfast. In order to get the reheated hot pizza onto the table, I take a random piece of clothes to shield my hands. I take a seat, grab a slice of pizza, and devour it.

"Hmmm... Not that good but can't complain."

Even though it's hot, the pizza itself lacks a deep flavor when I ate the same one before. Obviously, because it is kept in the fridge, it will lose its freshness and flavors over time. In any event, as long as I can eat it right away, I'm satisfied.

I ate the last few slices of pizza, drank the last of the milk in the carton, and walked out of my flat with my bag at the rear of my body. My phone displays the current time as '7:30 AM.' I still have time to get to the station. Normally, I jog all the way to the station since I get up late, but in this situation, I just walk like any other person because I don't have to worry about being late.

I walk from my apartment to the direction towards the stations.The sorroundings at this area is really peaceful. Bonus points for the sea that can be seen just beside at where I stay. It makes me very calm whenever I see a view like this.  

I continued walking until I got at the train station. The place is full with students and random people with their working uniform, as expected. This hour is rush hour, which means that many people, like myself, will take the train at a specified time to get to work or school. I went into the train after purchasing a ticket at the ticket booth.

The train is as crowded on the inside as I expected. I look around to see if there is still a seat available for me to sit on, but alas, I am an unfortunate human being and must stand till my station arrives. This is also one of my issues when taking a train: the train is overcrowded. I have no choice but to remain standing.

You don't have to worry about me standing for too long because I've already gotten used to standing for nearly half a day during the time when I went on an overnight shift in the location where I'm currently working. I believe it was on Christmas Day, when I didn't have enough money to buy a game on sale, so I begged my manager to let me work overtime, and I don't want to do it again. Even recalling that causes ache in my knees.

For now, I'll just have to kill some time while waiting for my destiantion, I play some music in my phone with my earphones. Nothing beats killing time than listening to some cool music. 

As I looked about, I noticed a familiar figure at one of the train's seats, but I didn't worry because I was too preoccupied with my own business. Even though he/she appears familiar to my eyes, I should avoid him/her. That's what my gut told me.

 

A few minutes later

 

Shinjuku Station, Shinjuku Station

 

"Oh, that's my stop"

I arrived at my location after a reasonable number of minutes. I'm exhausted from standing for so long, so I swiftly exit the train and hunt for a seat to rest my legs. Fortunately, there is an empty seat next to the ticket booth, so I take advantage of the opportunity.

"Ughhh, my legs hurt. Even though it's still early, there's a lot of people riding in the train"

Indeed, even when I left my station, I never saw anyone getting off the overcrowded train. People stepped inside despite the fact that it was already filled. Rush hour should never be underestimated.

I could get up much earlier if I wanted to, but I can't as I always go back to sleep when I feel like it's too early to wake up. Adding to the fact that I used to sleep at dawn because I played video games from going home to school until dawn, I now find it difficult to wake up early. You could consider it a miracle when I wake up very early.

As I was resting myself at the seat, an unfamiliar shadow has covered in front of me. Naturally, I went and take a look to see who was it and---

"Ah, so you're here too huh."

It was the Silent Angel in her school uniform.

4