Chapter 21 : It’s Not Enough, But Still
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Their plan was simple, they knew that Enjar was a strong man who could use energies just like the other people who could do that. There were not many who could do that, as far as they remember. So the plan was to probe Enjar's power and see his capabilities and abilities. They needed to conserve as many men as they could, but casualties were common to occur in a conflict so it really could not be helped.

And after they got the necessary information, they would be going back to their base and plan for further action. That was basically their plan for now. If they somehow could defeat him, kick him out from this place, or even kill him in the process, that was surely going to be great right? After all, in every fight that happened, the victor would never be known until it was finished.

That was why they needed to be cautious. They did not know who this man was and where he came from. They did not know what kind of background that he had and which faction he was from. If there was just a misunderstanding that they could mend so that no side could receive disadvantage, then there should not be a conflict that needed to be done.

But it seemed that this man didn't really have that kind of intention to do that. Looking at how things were going, the fight could not be avoided and for the background that he had, they could only deal with it later after they taught this man a lesson for messing with their area of otonomy. If they at least could not show their might to reinforce their hegemony, then they might as well leave the village.

Especially when he had the power to use energies to fight. They had the numbers to overwhelm him, and they were also quite experienced in the arts of fighting and war. So they had some reassurance to stand off against him.

They also needed to know how many men Enjar was bringing to this place. They could not believe that a single man dared to attack a pack of men unless he had some backing or power to back it up. So the plan was motioned as they had conversed through their gestures and body signs. It seemed that the gang was a trained group of people who could use body languages to convey their intentions to each other.

Many considerations needed to be planned to achieve the best result. They could not afford to miss a point and make a blunder that they would regret later on, even to the point regretting for life. If the mistake was just a small mistake, that would make the regret double. So many points and questions that needed to be raised were thought of in their minds.

After Enjar's initial attack, Enjar was able to disrupt the frontal barricade, crippling the front formation for good. At first they were surprised looking at how much power Enjar could muster to deliver that attack, an attack that used a seemingly heavy spear to break a formation just by a single swing. He even only used a single arm to achieve that. But then the ones who were on Enjar's right and left side quickly attacked Enjar, trying to attack him from two sides which potentially had the chance to deliver some wounds on his body.

Enjar pulled back his spear and swung his spear on his right side, deflecting the incoming 3 sword attacks while maneuvering his body by jumping and slanted his body horizontally, evading the attacks that came from his left side. The people on his right side suffered the same fate as the front one, they lost their grip of their weapons and felt that their hands were going numb. They truly could not understand how such a man could be so strong.

But that was just a fleeting thought that passed on their minds for not even a second. Because Enjar's next attack came from midair onto the ones from his left side. He spun his body while still in midair, and he swung his spear yet again to the shoulder of one of the enemy on his left side, slamming that enemy's body to his comrades on his right side. Because their weapons were thrust out, they could not use their weapons to defend the incoming attack, so what could they do except brace their bodies for the incoming attack?

Not only the one who would get the attack directly who braced himself, but also the ones on his right side too. It was because they know how explosives Enjar's attacks are, so just like they thought, their body were thrown out. The one who took the direct hit felt the worst, he felt as if his body got smashed by a raging elephant. He could only scream miserably and get down from the fight.

Enjar landed his feet on the ground again, but now in every direction that he saw, there were enemies that surrounded him. Either from the front, back, left, and right side, they all had surrounded him without leaving any gaps for him to leave. It was because now the ones who had taken a circular way had already positioned themselves on his back side. While the other sides came from the ones who were a bit behind the ones that just got whacked.

Now they thought that they could finally subdue him by attacking him from all of his sides, hurting him fatally through a joint attack or the worst case attacking him little by little. They knew that they stood little chance if they fought him in an attrition battle, because he could defeat a man in a matter of seconds. So the best they could do was hurting him fatally by attacking him together from all of his sides.

Seeing this, Enjar grinned. He swung his spear into the air in front of him horizontally, and then he jumped powerfully to his front. Seeing his action, the ones who saw how Enjar arrived firstly and slammed his body the the group who beat up the boy immediately had a feeling that he would do something similar to the ones in front of him. And just like what they had expected, Enjar slammed his body hard to the enemies using the momentum of his jump.

More precisely, he held his spear horizontally using both of his hands and pushed them backward by using the spear shaft. The spear shaft hit their chest hard, and they felt as if they suddenly got asthma.

"Gaahh-" Enjar passed through the falling-continued-by-rolling enemies that held their chest in agony,  and came out from the circlement. He turned back his face and grinned when he saw his enemy's formation falling apart.

They never thought that this man was able to break their formations easily like that. They thought that they at least had had him good, but now it seemed that it was not going to be easy for them to defeat the man in front of them. They once again prepared to attack him, for the ones who were still not down at least.

They tried to circle him again like before, but now there were less people than before. Those who had been beaten by the spear felt like they could not join the fight soon. And those who could stand up still felt the tingling pain from the place where they had been struck.                   

He did some spear tricks by spinning it like a pro using his right arm while turning his body to face them, as if he wanted to intimidate them. Or maybe, he just wanted to flex his skills. Worse, he probably did it because he thought that it was dramatic and epic to do it after he basically thrashed his enemies without even breaking any sweat.

"*Sniiiiiifff* Haaahh… It's not enough but still…" Enjar said while having a quiet peaceful face drawn on his head. The onlookers who saw this were dumbfounded, they could not understand why he suddenly had a contradictory face and attitude, as if he just took a drug to calm his mind down.

His smile looked creepy and unsettling. It put most of those who saw it to have a tingling sensation behind their backs. How could a man smile widely like that? And his black eyes seemed to become small dots, truly a very weird grin for a man to have.

"Puhahat! Come one! Is this what you got, you little pricks?!" Enjar said loudly, laughing like a maniac.

0