Chapter 25 : A Person Who Had Power
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the gang left the village, Enjar and the villagers were the remaining people left in this place. Enjar took a glance at the villagers who still had surprised and perplexed expressions drawn on their faces. The incident that happened today was so surprising and unexpected.

Firstly, they just witnessed how a man was able to literally summon a spear out of nowhere. And more than that, it seemed to be made up of flames! It seemed so surreal yet that truly happened.

Secondly, the gang that had been residing in this place was kicked out single handedly. Literally single handedly, because as far as their eyes can see, the man in front of them only used his right arm to defeat his enemies. He used the spear only by using his right arm, mostly by smashing the enemies using the shaft of the spear. And sometimes, he pierced the enemies on some of their bodies, though not on vital spots.

Did it mean that now the village was going to be led by the man himself? What was the purpose of the man? Did he just save them from the gang?

While the villagers were thinking about their own contemplations, Enjar took a glance at the young boy. The boy had his body covered in dirt and soil. His face was swollen, especially near his brown left eye. Some of his clothing was ripped off from the rough hits that came onto him. But his mouth was open.

Whether it was because of shock or something else, one needed to see his heart to know this answer. Or at least heard what made him look so stunned. His ornery expression was different from the other people, in which he seemed to be out of focus. Just by taking a single glance at him and comparing it to the others would the result be clear and cannot be more than correct. Especially when he was alone at the spot where he was still lying down on the ground.

Enjar walked to the boy in a relaxed manner. But on every step that he took, his aura of dominance was easily noticed. Either it was because of his act on tackling the gang before, or it was just his mannerism was always this firm and powerful.

After he arrived in front of the boy, he helped him to stand up. He patted some parts of his body that had some dirt to clean off his cloth. He smiled while looking at the boy in front of him.

"Are you alright?" He said in a warm tone. His smile was full of sincerity and honesty. The boy looked at Enjar's way of coming onto him and somehow felt warmth inside of his heart. At the times where he was bullied and got thrashed around, a man arrived and helped him. He not only helped him by stopping the attacks coming at him, but he also taught them a lesson by giving them the taste of how it felt like. It might not be like how he got humiliated and beaten, but he was more than happy for them to taste a little bit of his suffering.

Somehow his eyes got a little moist and wet. But because his eyes were pretty much swollen and he also received some beatings not too long ago, no one from the people at that place noticed this.

"W-Who are you? Why did you help me?" The boy concluded the things that he just saw on the spot. The things that he wanted to hear the most at the moment right now needed this question to be asked. He braced himself for whatever answer the man in front of him was going to say.

Enjar laughed when he heard the boy' question. His voice sounded melodious and contagious as if the people who heard wanted to join him and laughed together with him. The sounds were funny, but honestly they thought that it was out of place. Especially after a tense situation that had just happened just now, they thought that the laugh maybe was a way for the man in front of them to let off the nervousness inside of his body.

He glanced his way on the boy again and grinned with a smile. A big smile that seemed quite maniacal for some reason. His black eyes became a little smaller than before, while the ball of his eyes looked bigger than usual. His eyes widened in a very exaggerated manner, and his left hand was in midair with the fingers in half spread position. He looked at his left hand with his out of place expression, then made a fist out of his left hand hardly, seemingly trying to crush something in his imagination.

"If a person who had powers decided not to help when he saw someone in trouble, isn't he afraid that what if the role is reversed?" Enjar exclaimed in a quite loud voice. He looked back at the boy in front of him again, and Enjar patted the young boy's shoulder with his right hand gently. He looked at the boy right through his eyes and exclaimed.

"It is our duty and responsibility to help people. If even those who had power decided not to help people in need, then what kind of calamity would those people who had power are asking for?" Enjar grinned in a complex way. Some would see it as a weird smile, some would even find it disturbing, and some saw it as a smile that came from someone who had enough of the insanity of the world. But some would see the desire inside of his eyes, the raging fire that seemed to be undying till the last fight that he could face. 

The boy seemed like he got enlightened and found the man's words like some kind of treasure. The mannerism, the seemingly off but confident expression of Enjar’s face, the words that truly hit right inside of his heart, the flaring flame that he could somehow see in the eyes of the man in front of him. He could not help but clench his hands into fists, as if to cope with the spirit on his soul that just got ignited into a blazing fire. A new realization dawned on him with this new understanding that he just received.

Being a man like him, who could act just like how he acted just now, what kind of feeling would he feel when he could be like that? The charisma that Enjar exuded was making the boy charmed in a profound way. The boy never thought that being handled just like how Enjar handled him would give this much of an impact to him. If he somehow in the future could also act confident and had the power to do like what Enjar did, what kind of expression would he have? Would it be the same expression just like the man in front of him had?

Enjar let go of his hand from the young boy's shoulder. He turned his body away and his back now faced the young boy. And for his front, it faced the onlookers who from the start had been watching him without even looking away even for a moment.

 They could not afford to because of obvious reasons. Either to be cautious of the man in front of them that acted in a very heroic manner, giving respect because of being afraid of the man that could defeat a group of people that had ruled over them for months, or curiousity that had appeared inside of their hearts when they probably could only witness this kind of thing once a lifetime. 

Enjar walked slowly toward them, little steps by little steps that he took projected how leisurely he acted. He looked at them with a keen interest drawn on his face.

~

In a village that resembled a pretty similar nuance to the village where Enjar had been staying for a while now. The difference was that it was bigger in size and had more people inside of it. A man was staying in a big room with a few people in front of him. There was a quiet joyous atmosphere around them. It seemed that a chance to win a big opportunity had arrived in front of them so they could not help but feel happy for that occasion.

0