Chapter 30 : Are You in
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking loot from the defeated enemies was a normal thing to do when two sides were having a fight or war. That was why they did not think too much about it. Especially when the one that would deal more damage and impact would be the man in front of them.

That would be the case, if they agreed to Enjar’s preposition in the first place. More than that, they were afraid of doing things that were well beyond their capability. They were not the only ones that would suffer the consequences, but their family would be impacted as well. This should be thought deeply and clearly, there were risks that needed to be calculated and considered. 

They did not even know who this man was. They did not know just what kind of intention this man truly had. Could they believe him like this? Was there going to be any things that they could do beside this?

But it seemed that the man in front of them could not take a no as an answer. Even honestly, they did not dare to say no to him. The answer was quite obvious from the start, and it was to follow the man’s advice and order. 

Those who had power would naturally have the bigger say. Those who had little power and influence could only obey, unless they wanted to bear the consequences. 

“I promised you that I will help you fight against the oppressors. Don’t you realize that your village has been taken advantage of by those people? Just like what you had said, they control the trading and will act as the distributor to your harvests. 

You can only sell the harvests to them and they will sell them to the markets, which have already made you suffer disadvantages. They wanted to buy you with very minimum prices, absolutely cheap prices and then they will sell them at better prices.

All of this for the sake of what? It’s all basically for the sake of protection! Protection only, and then they plunder your wealth like a freaking group of gangsters! So that when some attackers or some power attacks you they will protect you? You’ve been scammed! All of you had been scammed!”

Enjar got pretty fired up when he talked to them right now. His eyes seemed fiery and flaring, his body was tense from how he acted. The onlookers could see just how much he put his speech with power and spirit, seemingly wanting to make the listeners understand the meaning of his speeches and messages. 

And they started to open their eyes more, trying to make sense of what Enjar had said to them. It seemed that what Enjar had said to them reached their very hearts, igniting something that had never even crossed their minds before.

“I want you to think about this thoroughly. I don’t want to control you all without even giving you some logic behind it. I want you to understand that what I’m doing is right. And if somehow I am wrong, then criticize me. Tell me how my way is wrong.” 

Enjar kept on having his serious expression drawn on his face. The people in front of him started to think carefully for what Enjar had said to them. They thought that what he had said was right. The monopoly that the gang had employed, the sly tactic that the gang used to trap them, the intimidation that they received from them if they dared to harbor any thoughts and intentions if they decided to stand up against them. 

It’s not that being regulated and ordered was a bad thing. It was just that the exploitation that they had done to them was truly taking advantage of their harvests and labor that they themselves should be the ones who should be enjoying the results from their hard work the most.

It was not that they never had any thought about it. What else could it be if not fear? If they obeyed their order and laws, then even though they could only enjoy minimal things, they could still live without any big conflict. But if they dared to stand up, then they would be faced against their wrath and punishments. 

Who were they to fight them, when they did not have any power to fight them? Who were they when they had to fight against such people when they themselves never even experienced war and suchs?

“If you thought that you don’t have any power to fight against them, you are wrong.” Enjar said while looking at the people in front of them. His eyes were keen, with narrowed brows on top of them. 

“For as long as you are alive, then you can still fight. For as long as your breath is still flowing into your lungs, for as long as your eyes can see, for as long as you can move your arms and legs, for as long as your mind is still there, then there is no reason for you to not be able to fight back

Weapons and technology is not the thing that mattered the most. Do you understand what I mean?” Enjar asked in a rhetorical way. The listeners decided not to answer and let Enjar continue his talking, seemingly they too feel absorbed in his way of talking.

“The hardest part is not the struggle, fighting. But the bravery to start it, that’s the biggest hurdle.” Enjar smiled when he said this. He clenched his right hand into a fist right in front of their eyes. He looked at his hand and his mannerism seemed a bit different.

His body was not as tense as before, and his voice was toned a little bit lower. His gestures seemed to be more passive than before, and his eyes even looked a little bit down. He looked at Lumberis, the village head of the Wheatfield Village right in front of his eyes with a subtle voice. 

“The fear of the unknown, the fear of being the first to fight against the current, the fear of being alone and the fear of being harmed for the audacity to fight against the higher ups. It’s preposterous in the eyes of the prosecutors, but it’s bravery in the eyes of justice."

The more they listened to Enjar’s speeches, the more they became immersed in his talking. The way he talked, the core idea of his talking, his perception of right and wrong, they seemed to be very effective to entice their fighting spirit inside of their hearts and minds. 

They started to make sense of what was happening to them, and they started to see that this was truly a chance for them that was too wasteful to be left out. There might not even be a chance for them to get this kind of chance again, a chance for them to try for something new, something that truly had the best interest for their kins, families, people.

Enjar was fired up before, but he started to act calmer for the last few sentences that he just said. His eyes were flat, and his eyebrows did not even form a frown. But that was only for a moment. Because right now, he started to fire up again. His voice rose up a notch, his gestures became fiercer, and his eyes became sharper. 

"Even if your neighborhood decided to act against you, even if your family decided to not follow you, for as long as you are in the right, then follow it. That’s where happiness comes from! Fighting and struggling for the people who are worthy to be protected, people who are precious to you! 

Show them that you are doing it for their sake, for the goodness of your people! If they still don’t realize even after all you have done for them, then ditch them! There is no room for people who take things for granted when we have shed our sweats and blood!

I will be right behind you if you need a place to hang on. I will be your protector for as long as you are seeking justice.

Sacrifices are needed to achieve victory and a better future, that’s why they were called heroes.

Are you in with me to fight against such mistreatment?

Then follow me! Let’s start fighting against those people who had taken advantage of you!”

0