Chapter 41 : Disappointed
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enjar and Tidus proceeded to prepare for the things that were about to unfold. Selling these hot commodities would surely be a huge profitable business for them. Just like what Enjar had said, they had chosen the option to sell these products as their main sell point of business. A quite big portion of Enjar’s savings and profits that he had up until now were going to be used to promote these products so that it would not only be heard by the people, especially nobles and wealthy people, but to make their products to be seen as an item that had a very high value.

All of this was just an investment to create bigger profits. This was what doing business all about, there were risks that would follow in every plan and trades, especially when it came to a bigger scale. Higher risks, higher rewards they said. But not all people wanted to do this kind of thing, because if they did lose, then indeed the supposed higher risks would truly become a reality that would bring them down to the core.

Tidus followed every instruction that Enjar had for him. It would take at least a day for him to prepare things to finally be able to start advertising their products. But that would truly take him to a toll if he really was going to do that in a mere day. Seeing Enjar’s expression and gesture, Tidus could know that Enjar wanted to do this sale as soon as he could. He could only comply with Enjar’s wishes and requests, after all Enjar was his boss and employer. 

“Do we have a name for this product? Maybe a name for this brand?” Tidus asked Enjar. To make it easy for one to advertise, a name naturally would be a must so that people could know the product better. 

“Hmm… Let’s make our brand named ‘Suavey’. An exquisite, elegant, and graceful product, that would be the theme of our brand for this clothing product. This name would be easily remembered, a suave looking clothing is going to be the first thing to be noticed if someone grabs a hold of this clothing.” Enjar said while having a satisfied expression on his face, seemingly from the name that he had found to be good and appropriate.

“Suavey? Suave? Does it mean that our product would be centered on men, Sir?” The word ‘suave’ was typically used for men, to describe the gentlemanly manner of a man. Tidus noticed this, and thought that this would be the case for this product. Because the clothing that he had seen from Enjar just now was a man’s clothing. Then would all of this brand focus on men only? 

Enjar grinned when he heard that. He could guess what would be the train of thought of Tidus. Focusing on just one thing in selling a product was one of the ways to achieve a big profit. For example, just like how a luxurious product was made only for the markets of the wealthy, the targets were not for the public masses hence it had its own criteria and suchs. 

“Yes, it would only be centered on men only.” There was a weird expression on Enjar’s face. It hard to discern what kind of thought was Enjar thinking inside of his mind. It seemed that Enjar did not believe what he had witnessed and decided to give it another chance with the hope so that Tidus could understand Enjar’s thinking.

When Tidus heard Enjar’s answer, he found it to be a shame. It was all because women loved to have many clothes and suchs, and this kind of commodity that had a very high quality would be a sought after product, not only for men but also for women. And if that kind of commodity was sought after by double the amount of markets, then the price would only be rising up. A rising price would only bring more fortunes and wealth to them, so he did not understand Enjar’s thinking. Did Enjar have a reason behind this? A reason that could bring more profits than he ever thought?

Enjar’s grin became weird when he saw the expression of Tidus. The grin that had a hint of mockery, as if what he had just seen seemed to be incredulous to be witnessed. Tidus could see that Enjar was somehow feeling a stand of disapproval about why he did not understand what Enjar's point was. But what can Tidus say about it? He truly did not understand it!

“‘What a shame’, you might be thinking from selling it only for men only. But actually, it is a shame that you think like that.” Enjar shook his head, seemingly disappointed from how Tidus thought inside of his mind. The wind somehow passed through the windows at this point of time, making Enjar’s hair and Tidus' hair fly in the air for a little bit, somehow making the situation more melancholy. 

Tidus heard Enjar’s comment and did not understand what he was saying. The displeased expression on Enjar’s face could not be more apparent this time, and Tidus somehow felt a little bit bad about it. Was there a problem that he had? Did Enjar mean that Tidus did not understand how to make a bigger fortune, hence he was disappointed? Tidus tried to see what was the answer behind Enjar’s reply. He thought for a while, but he still did not understand what Enjar meant by that. 

“Nah, it is okay for you to not understand it. You will understand it later on, after all. Or you actually understood it deep inside your heart, but because it is not of your concern, you don’t really mind it that much.” Enjar closed his eyes for a moment, it seemed like Enjar was trying to stop this conversation because he had enough of it. He opened his eyes once again, but sharp glints appeared on his eyes. He grinned once again, and consoled the man in front of him.

“Don’t worry, I will teach you about it later on if someway and somehow you still do not understand what I mean. It is unbefitting for one to be ignorant about this matter if he is serving a nation under the kingdom of the Fire King himself after all.” Enjar started walking from the place that he had been standing for a while now. 

Tidus once again did not understand what Enjar meant by that. Did he just use poetry to answer his puzzlement? What does it mean? And just like the first matter that he could not understand, he thought about it for a while and still did not understand the meaning behind it. He could only sigh thinking about this short encounter.

Maybe it was just like what Enjar had said, that he would understand it later on. But looking at Enjar’s expression and grin, he somehow had a bad foreboding about it. He thought that it would give him a not so good feeling when he finally understood Enjar’s saying. But it was just a feeling though. Maybe it was because Enjar’s smile just seemed so eerie that he became a bit paranoid about it. Tidus thought that Enjar might find it offensive if he said this, so naturally he did not dare to say it.

Enjar was his boss after all, if he somehow irked him off he would probably fire him on the spot and he would then lose his job. Who wanted to be a man that was unemployed? Surely Tidus was not one such man that was irresponsible, either to himself or for the other people around him.

He followed Enjar, whose destination was the outside door.  

`

Enjar had been walking after exiting from the Red Sun Company for a while now. Now, his destination was toward the outskirts of the city itself. He walked there by foot, and finally he rented a carriage once again. He took the same carriage just like before, paid the money and proceeded to start his journey once again. He went toward the southeast, the direction which lead toward a certain village that Enjar had been there before, literally just yesterday.

“Wheatfield Village, what would be the answer that you will give me? What will be the relationship between us, one might wonder? I too became curious about it.” Enjar thought out aloud while he was riding his cartridge, with the surroundings passing through his journey.

0