Chapter 44 : Decided
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enjar was in a higher ground after he jumped a few moments before. He could be seen from many angles now, with him being the center of attention from all of the people in this place. Almost all men arrived in this place, because this matter would decide their future and fate. They could not afford to leave this matter alone because they knew that they could not do that. 

The people behind Raph were afraid of supporting Raph’s opinions. They too somehow had a similar idea with what Raph had in his mind. They had bigger populations than Lumberis’ group, and they thought that maybe joining Raph was the better idea too. After all, Raph had shown how his sharp mind worked, which led to him having a better living environment than most of them. They too hoped to get a better living just like how Raph had, so they tried to copy what he did through their own ways. Including a particular woman who had been stealing a glance at Timan, the boy Enjar had saved before. 

But reality in front of them was not as easy as it seemed. Enjar had cut off any efforts to negotiate when Raph made him angry for the reasons above. When Enjar said to separate themselves so that Enjar could know which one was the group that wanted to not join him, they did not even dare to think about it. 

“When a group of untrained people are given the freedom to do things for them only for once, they would become confused huh. I really hate this statement because this statement was frequently used to colonize, the hypocrisy is real. But sometimes, it just happens huh…” Enjar said with a low voice, no one could hear him saying those things clearly. 

“But still, firm hands are truly needed by the higher ups to control the situation. It is me here, of course, or chaos would unfold.” Enjar said while grinning. 

And just like what he had expected, no one dared to move to the spot where Enjar had pointed for the people who did not want to join him. Enjar himself was going to participate in the fight, fighting for the people in front of him and asking them to join him. He had all the cards on his side, they did not even want to make Enjar angry. The price was unimaginable for them. They saw first hands of Enjar’s prowess and ability. Those who did not see him when Enjar thrashed the gang before, they heard the rumors and seemed like they could not believe what they had heard.

But after seeing how Enjar was able to manifest fire seemingly out of nowhere, they were scared witless. 

Enjar looked at Raph with a hint of mockery inside of his eyes, which was hard to discern by most people.

“Now, I presume that all of you decided to fight with me, am I right?” Enjar said, still having a smile attached on his face.

The onlookers felt like they had been put in a pinch. Most of them did not want to fight, they had been living as the lower class which had to obey the upper class. In this case, the gang had the upper class, because they put themselves politically and they had planted that idea into the villagers minds, even if it was only for months. They did not dare to put up a fight, because in their minds that would be akin to suicide. 

Even the very idea of that notion would put them into a mockery by those who heard it, those who were in the same village. If not, then they were afraid of being sold out by their own neighbor to the gang, and that would be a nightmare for them to see. After all, even though they were occupied, their basic needs were still there, so they did not really take it as a big offense or two right?

“Haaa…. I will say this to you once again. I thought that you, you, you, you, you all that were in a meeting with me yesterday would tell what I have described to you people and be united, but what is this? Are you trying to test my patience or what?” Enjar asked while shaking his head, looking at how pitiful the things were going on right now. 

All of those who met Enjar the day before somehow had a look of shame drawn on their faces. True, they actually had explained it to them and told how Enjar’s plan was for them to do. But now, just like what the situation had been going on, there were 2 groups that appeared as the reaction of Enjar’s saying in the meeting. 

But what could they say? This was a natural thing to happen right? To have oppositions that would appear if a situation like this arrived in this village would not be an out of place phenomenon. 

The plan to fight back the gang under Enjar’s lead, was not an easy thing for them to accept. But now the situation forced them to fight for Enjar, because not then they would face Enjar’s wrath. If they faced Enjar’s wrath now, they would literally face it now and the outcome would be pretty clear for them. But if they decided to fight against the gang, then the outcome had not been decided yet. 

Reluctance could still be seen clearly from their eyes, and nervousness was clearly apparent in their faces. Enjar saw it naturally. But his expression did not change. 

“It would be a bad thing for me if I did not provide you with guidance and suchs. That is why I am here today. I will not tell you how to fight because what you need is just common sense. But I will tell you how to try to win a war.” Enjar said with a strong gaze, facing the people below him with confidence and charisma. 

~

In a broad, flat land in some of a village, lines of people were organized in an ordered manner. The people there were led by a man in  higher ground than them, seemingly so that he could observe and control them better. 

They trained on how to use weapons in a more organized formation, how to communicate and coordinate better in the simulations of battlefield and fight. It seemed very effective and on point, that it was ridiculous how a group of these amateur people looked so ordered already. 

Not to the level of professionals, but at least they could employ formations. Using sharp weapons to fight  was a thing that Enjar believed everyone in this place could do. It was like common sense on how to use a knife to cut some vegetables or use an axe to cut down the trees. 

He did not insist on training them to be professionals in such swordsmanship or something similar to that. He emphasized on teaching them the strategies and formations because that was the thing that they needed the most right now. 

Time was not on their side this time, they did not have the luxury and opportunities to learn something complex, learning the way of a sword in a more complex way, or even learning how to use energies.

They even only knew that a man could employ energies just recently when they saw Enjar fight against the gang before. They even thought that it was probably some magic, an otherworldly knowledge that a magician could hav, hence why he could summon fire as he wishes.

Being able to use energies was not in their minds at all. They could see and understand that it was just a privilege for the people who had the power to do that. They were just some villagers, they knew their place and knew that Enjar would not let himself teach them this kind of thing like he was sharing some cabbages on the street. And naturally, no one dared to even mention this kind of thing in front of him.  

Enjar was observing the men below him, how they conduct themselves according to his order and guidance, allowing them to move as he planned and thought. He was smiling right now, probably because this would be the first time he would be having a war on this planet. 

“As a person who advocates good things, how could I let these people be taken advantage of without even giving them the chance to fight for themselves? Heh..” Enjar looked at the men below him amusingly. 

0