Chapter 46 : Who Wanted War
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun was shining down at its highest point in the Wheatfield Village, showing that the time was at noon. The situation was lively, many people were in the open fields doing whatever they could to do their best. Beads of sweat appeared on their temples, foreheads, hands, basically all of their body parts. Showing how hardworking and enthusiasts they were from doing whatever business that they had. Their movements were even organized. Truly a lively scene that would make one who looked at it to be motivated just by glancing a single look.

Motivated to not put their shoes in this group of people at least. Because it seemed like the group of people there were working to their very bones. There were no breaks at all ever since their activities had started in the morning. Some seemed like they were about to pass out from the harsh activities that they were doing.  

And more than that, the works were not farming, building an infrastructure, or anything that seemed productive. They were just moving their bodies in accordance with the seemingly leader of the group. Those who did not know would be thinking that they were just wasting their time and doing something that did not have any meaning. They were just peasants after all, was that even normal?

But for those who understood, naturally this was a drill that had its purpose. For some random villagers to do this kind of thing would be a strange looking phenomenon to behold. Why do even villagers do this kind of thing normally? Surely they would not even think about doing this at all. If push came to shove, they would just use their instinct to fight any aggressors that might come to their land. Or maybe just running away then to face the disaster. Or yet, became colonized by another group, just like before. 

It was all because they did not want to fight. They knew that they did not have any real power than those who were in the bigger scale, who had armies that could easily exterminate this village at their whims. 

But now, after training with Enjar and coordinating on how to fight in war, most of them realized that they might have a chance in winning a war. A chance to fight for their worth, resisting the oppression that had befallen into their own village. 

They never tried this kind of drill, their mentality was in submissive disposition. It was better to be subjugated than facing in a fight that would just spell doom for them, they thought. It was better to follow the whims of the upper ups because if not they would face the wrath of those who have control over them, they thought. That was how their minds were working, and the logic that came across their thoughts. 

But now it seemed that they could change that mindset. They thought that now, at least their mentality was not that submissive anymore, there was at least a slight will to fight against any injustice that ever came across their ways. There was a change of mindset in which they too deserve a better treatment, not oppressed by the nobles and the like. 

The man that was coordinating them kept on giving speeches about how those nobles or the gang before kept on asking for their rations, when those people did not even do a thing. They were the ones who were working, but why did those people have the luxury to enjoy their hard work?

 

This kind of new ideology was being put into their minds by the same man who had been overseeing their drills. When someone made a mistake,he would correct and put a radical statement and idea.

At first, most of them did not even want to bother listening to these kinds of things. Because they thought that all of this was nonsense and illogical. It was all just against their norms and thinking, so they heard it through their left ears and it went out through their right ears. 

But after listening to his speeches and words that the man had been preaching for hours, they started to make sense of what he was saying. He was right in any levels and aspects that they thought they lived in a different world. 

It might be because of the adrenaline that they now dared to think radically like this, thinking the things that they had never dreamed of before. Or it might be truly because they believed that Enjar's words were true, from how he saw that every human being was basically the same. The ideology that Enjar had been preaching about was etched into their hearts, willingly or not.

“You lot go there and form B4 lines, and advance as quickly as you can.”

….

“The two groups of yours went to that area and stayed there quietly. If I ever hear literally a single word from one of you, I will throw this spear of mine to your way. Try me if you want to.”

“You, you, and you, go to that group and try to harass their advancements so that they can stop advancing. Minimize your distance toward each other so that you could divert their attention. Make it seem as if you are just from 

Enjar kept on giving guidance on how to practice this drill and corrected them when they made a mistake or two. At first, they were dumbfounded when Enjar started to give instructions, they did not know how to proceed and execute the order. But Enjar was patient, and he taught them the meaning of some codes that he made while also showing how it worked. 

It was truly an eye opener for them to be this efficient in learning these kinds of things that they had never even thought to learn before. They naturally know that all of this was because of the man in front of him. The seemingly young man in front of them was like a veteran in war that was capable either in action or in strategic plans. 

The respect that they had for Enjar was off the roof, after knowing how proficient he was. The charisma that Enjar exuded, with the confident attitude that he had truly inspired them, instilling a dot of fire inside of their hearts. The feeling of trying to fight and include themselves into a war was a feeling that most of them did not have.

"Who wanted to be in a war, where there would be death, pain, and despair? Who wanted to be in a situation where you would taste death, tasting the feeling of desperation, where you would be separated from your loved ones and family?

It was because you are the man of the family, you are the man that had what it takes to fight and protect your loved ones! You men are born stronger for a reason, because you are the guardian of the family, the leader of the family!

It is not only for you when you are fighting against your enemy, it is also because of your loved ones! It is so that your family could be spared from harm and be protected from the oppressors!

It is our honor to be fighting in the front lines, 

Don’t you want to see your wife smile at you proudly and in happiness? Don’t you want to see your daughter live in peace, without any pricks trying to disturb her and such? Don’t you want to inspire your son so that he could be brave and be chivalrous?!

It is the time to show your worth! The time to show that you are the one that would change the destiny of this village! The time to write the history of a resistance from the common people against the injustice of the oppressors!

Fear not, because I too am with you here! I promise you myself that I will be in the front line with you against those people, fighting with you against the enemy in front of us!

I did not do this so that I could be the next oppressor, I did this because I wanted to help you, giving you the chance to fight those enemies in front of you!

So for the last, damn time, if I ever see a traitor among all of you, a traitor that comes to the surface after all I have done for you, then I will cut off his limbs before I cut off his head by myself! Do you all hear me!?”

0