Chapter 51 : Trait
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The winds were passing through the two people that were standing in front of each other. It was between a man that had height around 180cm, and a young teen that had around 150cm height. The man had a back-long hair attached on his head that swayed according to the direction where the wind passed through, while the boy’s hair did not even reach his neck although his hair was dense and lush. 

There was a moment of silence after Enjar had spoken his last words. They just let the wind be the communicator to make the situation lively and noisy from how the wind brushed the trees and leaves. 

Enjar let go of his hands, turning away his face to his right. "So, do you want to talk about it?" Enjar asked with a flat voice. There was no hint of urgencies or commanding tone. He sounded like he just asked the question just to continue the conversation. 

Timan had a perplexed expression on his face. He was in a dilemma, did not know whether he should tell the situation that concerned his well being and circumstances. 

"I..I don't know Mr. Enjar, I don't think that… it is going to be fine to tell you about it…"

The look of awkwardness was apparent on the boy's facial expression. It was clear that there was hesitation in the boy's voice. But aside from that, there was also a hope mixed inside of it. As if he hoped that Enjar would give him guidance if the matter was pushed to be explained. 

"I see… It is perfectly fine for one to not talk about one's problem. In fact, he should not talk about it if that is related to a thing that is better not to talk with others, just like some ignominy or disgrace that one had." 

Enjar had a satisfied look on his face, even he was smiling at this moment of time. Being able to hold back sharing some bad things that could destroy one image and reputation was a good trait that a man could have. 

Being able to protect their own and other people’s image was a thing that many people did not think too much about, and Enjar was a man that appreciated people that think or at least give a thought about mortification. 

Naturally, this kind of thing could not be applied to criminals. A criminal act needed to be told and reported, because it was different from shameful acts that people sometimes make as a mistake or two. 

But did Enjar even know that what she did might not just be a small thing, but a criminal act?

The boy's face became a bit different. He had a more complex expression drawn on his face, and his eyes wandered around his environment, not daring to look at Enjar right through the eyes. It was hard to tell whether it was a worse expression because what Enjar said was on point, or it was just a relief that Enjar did not pursue or press the matter onto him. 

Enjar did not mind not hearing the boy's circumstances. He nodded a single time and turned his body away from him. 

"But in case you fall deeper into your hole, know that I am here so that you may consult with me. I like helping people, if I do say so myself." Enjar said with a grin that showed his white teeth attached to his mouth. 

The boy nodded his head while he had a weird feeling when he heard what Enjar had just said just now. Timan did not think too much about it, because he thought that he was only feeling weird because of how weird Enjar’s smile was. 

Enjar started to walk away, in the direction where the Wheatfield Village was located. 

“I think it is time for us to go back. Your family might be worried if you are gone for too long, so go home right now.”

“Family huh….” The boy thought out loud. He had a blank look for a moment, but Enjar could tell just by hearing Timan’s voice without even needing him to see the boy’s face.

“What’s wrong?” Enjar asked while glancing back at the boy, his eyebrows were raised. He could see that Timan truly had a woeful visage. His eyes look empty, as if he was having a train of thought inside of his mind, a trip to his memories and remembrance.

“Nah, it’s just that I don’t have my parents anymore here with me.” The boy said with a melancholy tone. He wanted to look down because of the feeling that he had, but he refused as he had enough of being sad today. He did not want to ruin his mood again by becoming dejected.

“Ahh? I see… My condolences, Timan. I didn't mean to bring up a sad topic and make you depressed. Sorry, I didn’t even know that your parents have passed away.” Enjar apologized in a polite tone. Even though Timan was just a boy, Enjar did not become arrogant and looked down at the boy just because Enjar was older than Timan.

“It is okay, Mr. Enjar. It has been quite a long time too since they passed away, so I did not really think too much about it anymore.” Even though he said it like that, Timan still looked sad regardless.

“So, who are you with now?” Enjar asked once again.

“Right now, I live with my big… sister. She was the only family that I have right now.” And once again, his face became sadder than before. Was it from the mention of his sister, or it was just that he had only one family right now?

“Big sister? Ahh, okay then. You should hurry up and go home, or you will make your sister worried. It’s getting late anyway, and I have other arrangements that I need to do too. Don’t forget to rest too, you’ve been working hard this whole day, training on my drills and such. And more than that, you’re still quite hurt, having some bruises all across your body.

But I like that. I like your tenacity and spirit. Keep up having that kind of attitude, and you are going far, young man.” Enjar patted Timan’s shoulder with a gentle pat.  

The boy was happy when he was praised by Enjar. He finally noticed him! Timan truly did his best when he was training, even though there were some bruises on his body, that ached everytime those body parts that had bruises moved. 

The boy was hesitating at first, but nonetheless he obeyed Enjar order in a heartbeat. He was moving fast most likely because he agreed with what Enjar had just said. Or because he was afraid that he would spill the beans. 

And off they go, going to different paths according to their own destinations. The boy went to the direction where his home was located. While Enjar went a slightly different route. 

~

In a location where it was not quite far, but not quite short too, there was a village where a group of people were discussing. It was in a village named Willow Village, the place where Alvred and his men, just like Arin, Blaid, and the others, were located. 

Here, they seemed like they had decided on something. An agenda that had the relation with Wheatfield Village, where Enjar was located right now. 

“So, we will do it in 1 or 2 days, right?” Alvred asked to confirm their plans again. 

“Yes, we shall see how much time it took for the others to take their place and positions, and until then we needed to wait, just like what we had planned just now.” Blaid answered with a flat tone. 

“Okay, if that’s the case then we should prepare ourselves. We could not make a mistake about it, and we should not think of ourselves too high. Only some fool young masters would do that kind of stupid things, remember who we are.” Arin said with the same tone in his voice. 

They nodded their heads to each other and concluded their meetings. They soon finished up their meetings and left after one another. Alvred sighed a mouthful of air, as if he was feeling annoyed with how things were going right now. He could not help but curse inside of his heart when he felt that way. 

“I will definitily settle the score with him.” 

0