Chapter 53 : Wrong Way
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the dawn of a morning, where it was still dark and quiet, there were rows of people going in a certain direction. They had rough appearances, with weapons attached on their bodies. 

They seemed like they wanted to infiltrate a place, with how vigilant they were when they were moving. They did not like they were some amateurs too, with how skilled and knowledgeable they were in this kind of field. It was almost certain that this was not the first time they did something like this. 

Around the frontmost position was Alvred, who was accompanied by some of his trusted aides. He led the people that he brought with him toward the village that Enjar was at, the Wheatfield Village. With how many people that they brought, it was hard to say whether they brought almost everyone that he had or even all of them. 

“Boss, we will be arriving in that place shortly. What do you think?” The man beside him asked. It was Arin, who had a cautious expression drawn on his face. 

“I think it is safe. I did not see any traps and whatnot, and we had been trying to search for even a single trap and we did not find any. Hmph, it seems that that man who attacked Blaid was just a rookie.” Alvred snorted.

He was actually pretty vigilant about this, he thought that Enjar was going to give him some surprise. Giving a fight was the most likely event that he predicted. But if Enjar did not even plant some traps for him and his men, then wasn’t Enjar just some rookie that did not know how to win a war?

He had heard from Blaid that Enjar was a man that needed to be careful about. With how perceptive Enjar was to be able to see that Blaid was actually the real leader instead of Clind, then it was easy to see just how capable Enjar was. 

Blaid had been acting carefully over the course of leading his men in that Wheatfield Village, not even showing publicly that he was the leader for once in that village. No wonder that Blaid was the one who kept on having the tense expression drawn on his face. 

But no one was perfect. Alvred concluded that Enjar might be proficient in perceiving things, observing things, or something alike, but in strategical wars, Enjar might fall short. He got annoyed when he thought that all his plans were disrupted by this out of variables existence. He will surely make Enjar pay for what he had done to him, and also to set an example for the others to not resist against him and his order. 

“I don’t know Boss, I think we need to be more careful about this. We should not underestimate him.” Blaid interrupted him when he looked at how Alvred was behaving.

“Hey, I’m not underestimating anyone. I was just speaking the truth, no? I mean, there were literally no traps and whatnot, and here I thought he was some amazing guy that Earl Vanadis sent or something. But I think we should not overestimate the enemy too and don’t underestimate ourselves.” Alvred said in a low voice. 

Blaid heard what Alvred had said and felt like he could not retort him. What Alvred said was true, so he tried to be optimistic about the situation too. Maybe Enjar was good at being perceptive, but not experienced in the way of war.

“Okay, I think it was time for us to enter the peripheral area of the village. We will surround it, and we will barricade this village so that there will be no way out except

Remember our objective. If we can capture that man, it would be the best. We need to see his objection to why he arrived in this place. If we cannot, then just kill him. It would be better than having an unknown variable lurking behind us.” Alvred said with a serious expression. 

All of his men listened and nodded their heads toward him. They had strategized this before, and looking at the moment, it seemed that it was time for them to finally realize their attacks.

They did not seem nervous at all, even more so they all seemed eager. They had vicious expressions drawn on their faces. as if they could not wait to get the reward from subjugating the village in front of them. And the villagers would be the one who would suffer their discontent. The villagers’ fate was sealed inside of their minds. 

No matter what, they could extort more just from them being governed by another individual. They would use that excuse to extort them more, either labor or something else.

“Hey, I think you got the wrong way.” They were just walking silently in the dark when suddenly a voice sounded around them. To be more precise, the voice came from behind them. Deep inside of their hearts, it was an unknown voice for them, they had never heard this kind of voice before. So they did not know to whom the voice belonged to.

But it was in the dark, they might hear something wrong and maybe forget whose voice it belonged to. They could not afford to lose concentration after all, or their plans might fail and they will suffer the consequences.

The problem was that it was a pretty loud voice that put the people on their scalps, as if they could not believe what they just heard. Did this man ask for a beating? Who told him to be loud when they were literally walking on a thin thread here? How daring for him to talk loudly when they were in this kind of operation? They were sure in their hearts that they would give whoever the man that said just now a good punishment when they finished this operation. 

“What do you mean it’s the wrong way? It is literally in front of us! Don’t you even understand our plan?” An annoyed voice sounded, answering the silly question. He wanted to reprimand him worse, but he knew that it was not the time. Time was of essence for them, and they did not want to dilly any longer and lost their moment. They seemed like they were disciplined enough to understand this kind of thing. 

“Look, I just wanted to say, what is our objective again?” The man continued again with a question this time. And everyone felt like their minds went numb. They seemed like they just heard something stupid and outrageous, that it never crossed their minds for one to do this kind of thing. Was that person trying to make a joke in this out of place situation with a not so funny joke?

Alvred’s temples were showing veins from the emotion that he was feeling right now. He could not believe that he had a dumb man under his jurisdication! What kind of nonsense was he spouting? He truly wanted to smack the head of whoever spouted that crap, but he was afraid of making that man scream for his attack. That would be a dumb idea to do so he refrain from doing that. 

Now he more than believe that he did not show his might for a long time that even a man dared to do something this stupid in this crucial operation. He believed that he could win this situation, but this was a part of their discipline routine, to be able to adapt into the surroundings and missions. 

“Damn it you dimwits, answering me was not hard you pricks and you chose to be silence as if you all looked at a stupid person. Is it me who is stupid, or you that is stupid?” The man answered with a more annoyed voice than the person who answered him before. 

All of the people who heard this felt as if they were just an inch away from ditching the mission and throwing the mission out of the window so they could finally give this man some sense. Who could care about the mission if an even bigger threat, in front of their eyes, was literally inside of their circle? This man could bring doom toward them in the future by being this reckless and such, so how could they not feel anger toward him?

But when most of them felt their minds go wild, a certain person with a bald head was having a contemplating expression drawn on his face. As if the voice that he heard was just familiar with him.

0