Chapter 1 Awakening
37 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Seimlens, the capital city of the empire. the construction of this city first started in the 3rd era, when our great emperor Alexander XVII's ancestors, left the barren northern continent in search of new lands, arriving at what is now known to be 'Unax' which is also universally considered as the continent at the center... Turning off the radio, Roxy leans back to her sit and observes the world outside of the car.

Get your papers here; the red queen declares war on the druids, read more about it!

Can I get a discount on these potatoes…? 8 more hours before my shift is over… fur coats and leather boots are for sale, get them before winter comes...

Looking through the glass, she briefly focuses her attention towards the newspaper. when will Robert return home? thought to herself, unable to hold in her woes, she sighs. “Are you worried about your brother?” The man beside her asked. “if he could see your face right now, the expression your making, might break his heart." he chuckles. "Sir Robert graduated top of his class and is an excellent fighter. He isn’t the type to recklessly charge into situations he can’t handle.”

“I know.” Roxy opens the suitcase on her lap and takes some papers out. She straightens her back and begins reading.

5 months ago the red queen of the southern region went mad when one of her daughters disappeared. She immediately blamed the neighboring kingdoms and was actively targeting the druids of the southern forest for answers.

 

due to the effects of war, the prices of basic necessities and spare parts of machinery increased, which brought more issues for her. Roxy, being the head of a company that owns over 40% of the factories responsible for mass producing arms and general goods, had her schedule with meetings and visits. She had only had time for rest during the drive to and from one meeting to the other.

 

“Yesterday an accident occurred at one of the factories at district 10; 1 worker died”. She puts down the paper and looks to her left.” Adam Smith, age 24, orphaned, no close relatives”

“Yes, it seems that one of the machines malfunctioned causing it to swing towards the direction of the worker, decapitating him.”

“Alright, schedule a visit to the site tomorrow I would like to check and see if there are any more problems with the machinery” Roxy puts the documents back into her suitcase ” and also book a room for a night near the factory, the location seems to be nearer to the pier, I’d like to check up on our friends from the Machina Family”

 

We the people will no longer tolerate the injustice forced upon us! We… outside a group of protestors surrounding the entrance of the building can be seen. Johnathan glanced at Roxy for a second. "Their numbers seem to increase each passing day, if this goes on the police might get involved." Johnathan leans forward to talk to the driver "go around the back and enter the parking lot, we will enter the building from there."

 

A few minutes passed and the car came to a halt, indicating that they had arrived at their destination.

"The last thing I need to remind you before we enter is that your father’s birthday is on the first Monday of next month, that is a week from now... last year, you were not able to attend because you said you had the flu. this year I advise you to make up for it by bringing your father a gift."

 

Roxy takes out a small compact mirror from her pocket and fixes herself, “thank you Johnathan for the reminder, I will think about the gift after I deal with the visit tomorrow “she gets off the car and begins walking towards the entrance.


 

Miles away, in the slums of the lower district, at a dark and empty alley, two shady figures slowly emerge from a pothole. one of the creatures slowly dragged its body towards the wall and leaned on it. While the other raises its head to view the surroundings. the creature that looks like a mutated dog, hairless and with skin littered with veins and boils, trudges closer towards the sunlight.

As soon as it got hit by a glimmer of sunlight it flinched and staggered back to its companion. The skin that was exposed started to emit a putrid and disgusting scent of burning rubber, and one of the boils on it, burst causing a grumble of maggots to fall on the ground.

"Don’t worry buddy, once the great one awakens, we will be able to freely roam the streets." The other figure moved closer to the dog, it petted the dog.

Under the shade, the figure adjusted its posture just enough to reveal itself, a head without any resemblance to hair, eyes covered in what seems to be a makeshift blindfold. Clothed with bloodied shirt and pants, and with what skin that was not hidden beneath clothes, showered cuts, and rotting flesh. from where they emerge, thousands of creatures with the same appearances could be seen.


Afternoon the next day

Beep--- beep--- beep---

In a house, located at 56th street on district 12, on the second floor of an old and seemingly run-down-looking pawn shop. the rays of the sun seep through the gap in the curtains, barely illuminating the room.

Scattered across the room were empty bottles of whiskey and papers filled with writings and symbols that looked nothing like the common language used. as more of the room is revealed, a body of a naked middle age man could be seen laid on the floor.

bang bang bang, "ROGER, WAKE UP ALREADY AND SHUT YOU DAMN ALARM!" an old lady shouted from outside the house.

 

after a couple of minutes, Roger finally moved but his first actions were to reach for the alarm clock and threw it at the wall. "Ah… this hangover sucks." after stretching his legs, he pulled himself up by grabbing the edge of the chair next to him and slowly made his way towards the bathroom.

After taking a quick shower and grabbing a loose white shirt and black pants he stop and picked up the clock and put it back on the desk. "it's almost time." He thought to himself as he glanced at the scattered papers on the desk. He sighs. "a new cycle is about to begin, I must...Growl… first eat breakfast."

 

hello ryujii here, i wanna impore my writing skills. so comments and feed backs are appreciated

3