Chapter 4: blacksmith
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Identification card please," said the guard while making a tired face.

I handed over my card as we enter the town.

After the events from that crumbled empire, I decided to walk to the nearest town to look for a place to sleep. 

The top priority right now is to return to my home which was around 3-4 towns away from here. 

The reason why I am going back to my hometown is to focus my abilities to teach this little kid. What little kid do you ask? It's this one.

"Towns... Are boring."

Since she looked like a slave at the time, I decided to go to a friend of mine just to change her whole outfit. Thankfully, that friend I am talking about also lives around here.

Slaves don't necessarily mean bad around this place. Illegal slaves on the other hand are more... Pitiable to say the least. Lapiz is one of them if I'm not mistaken. You can say that by looking at the collar on their necks. Slavery is a bitch.

The townsfolks are looking at this direction with hatred and disdain. Some of them even actively tried to avoid us like a plague as if he doesn't want to mess with us. It makes sense though, illegal slavery is just that bad.

We arrive at some kind of back alley with dim lights and a narrow passage. It also emits some kind of an unpleasant aura making normal people avoid it.

"Here?" Lapiz asked with doubt.

"Well yeah, that guy is a bit weird but he always gets a job done," I said maybe with a little bit of worry.

We walked with a carefree attitude unbefitting for the situation.

The guy I am going to always puts some kind of enhancement into his forging. I don't mind it that much because the ones he always adds don't have any side effects.

I also don't know if he does enhance and make clothes but if it's him then I wouldn't be surprised.

We got to the end of the alley and it was some kind of door that has some kind of kitten charm hanging to it.

I knocked on the door five times, stopped for a second, and knocked again three times. 

Someone opened the door and it was a little fat dwarf with a beard. He started at me with a stern expression as if he is evaluating me.

"You... Who are ya again?" The dwarf asked.

"The 'god of humans', your biggest customer?" I can't believe he just forgot me that easily. Then again it's him alright.

"Ya sure don't act one."

"It's just my attitude, don't mind it," I said as I brush off his insult. 

"So, why are ya here? Surely ya didn't break my craft, no?"

"Can you make some clothes for her?"

He raised his eyebrows confused and weirded out. He looked around and saw Lapiz behind me standing there looking at him with an apathetic expression.

"This Lil missy?" He asked me as if he can't believe it.

"Yep."

Lapiz also nodded apparently.

He then tried to say something about it but ultimately just give up while slumping his little shoulders.

"Sigh, can't believe the 'god of humans' taking care of a Lil missy." He murmured silently. Hey, I can still hear you.

"You doing it or not?" I said impatiently.

"Yeah, yeah, just put all ya gold here. Hard business these days," he said as we enter the door.

His workshop looks like any other workshop around here. Many armours were hanging around, swords in their scabbard waiting to be unleashed, and shields that were so strong that they can even withstand a breath of a dragon. Yeah, definitely a normal workshop.

He then pushed down a lever that was beside the reception table. 

It opened up some kind of secret passage that leads down a secret stair with dim light and poor conditioning as if no one has ever been there for a long time.

"Follow me," The dwarf said with a serious tone of voice.

We walked down the stairs with a normal expressions. Why? Well, that's because even though this place looked like this, the aura I can feel doesn't have any malicious kind of intent. It was a soothing aura that made us calm till the end. This is the first time I ever came here too.

"What's this place?" I asked halfway down.

"Well, Ya boy here gotta have some secret or two. I saw the state of that Lil missy of yours and realised that I had something that suited her. That thing better to be used rather than rot in this rotten place am I right, no?" 

He said those words as if he is forcing them out of his mouth while also laughing weakly. 

I didn't say anything about it as it would be rude to intrude on someone else's life. Changing an individual's ways of living has always been taboo for me.  Maybe I would try to change their opinions if they allowed me but I would never change the ideology of another person.

"We're here," he said solemnly.

What appeared seemed to be a metallic door with a flower pattern on one part and a dragon pattern on the other one.

He pushed the door with little to no effort while it still caused some minor shaking to the ground implying that it was very heavy.

The light behind the door slowly overtook us and what appeared behind it was a bit unexpected coming from this dwarf.

It was a room full of clothing with a ridiculous amount of enhancement. It was organized by the number of enhancements one clothing has.

For example, one row will only have one type of enhancement while the other row has another type of enhancement. It was...

"Beautiful," Lapiz said behind me.

"Well, y'all like it? Designed by my beautiful wife ya know?"

"Why are you showing this?" Like I said before, I have never been to this place. 

"Hmm, dunno. I guess I felt pity for that little missy you have there. I can tell by your face, ya didn't just come here for cloth am I right, no?"

Am I that easy to read? Now that I think about it, yeah, that seems to be the case.

"Yeah, I do have other business with you," I said as I peek at Lapiz looking around with wonder on her face.

"Say it."

"Can you remove her collar?" 

He went into a deep thought thinking carefully and seriously about it. Removing or destroying a collar made for slaves is very hard and can only be done by either a master blacksmith or a strong mage. I use holy mana to make magic so it's a bit risky.

Holy mana is a type of mana that replaced my normal mana when I reached godhood. There are pros and cons to this change but I'm not going to delve that much into it.

"Yeah, can do it. Preparation would be around 3 weeks so wait till then," he said making up his mind.

I nodded approvingly. I expected it to be around 7 weeks but I guess it is what it is.

"Oh, by the way, I said that Lil missy had clothing the size of her right? It's around here."

He walked to the utmost right and made a stop at one of the boxes there. He opened one of the boxes and revealed a white dress that perfectly suits Lapiz in size.

It also came with two knee-length socks, a black leg-length skirt, and arm-long white sleeves that are separated from the cloth.

"What'd ya think? Beautiful ain't it? I also added a ring that can cover the slave collar around her neck so it cannot be seen anymore."

He said proudly while nodding expertly.

"Thanks, this could work very well, what's the price?"

"50 gold coins, no, 100 gold coins! Wait, 2 adamantine coins!"

Are you robbing me? My goodness, have I been scammed? Again?

I paid him albeit hesitantly. He seems to be surprised about it but quickly went back to his usual demeanour when he grabbed my money.

"No refunds," he quickly added.

I sighed exasperatedly.

1