Chapter 11: Fidus vs “bane”
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Gone..."

That was the first word I muttered after the light appeared.

The light engulfed the whole library destroying everything. Books, quills, literary everything.

I was so sure that my spells were hidden enough with my aura but to think that someone would just go here and literary obliterate my place was hilarious, to say the least.

What's funny was that I wasn't damaged. No, it did affect me but not straight-up disintegrated me.

Even After all of that, I only ended up with some small bruises. Nothing serious, healing spells can fix them immediately.

"You're strong," a voice above me said making me instinctively go to a fighting stance.

It was an old man in a butler suit. He had a moustache, an elegant one at that. He also looks familiar as if I have seen him somewhere before.

"Who're you?" 

"Oh, that's very rude of me. I am Fidus, a personal butler of wrath."

Oh, I remember now, I saw him once in a poster before. It was said to be a don't mess with him... Fuck.

"Why don't we try to end this conflict by talking calm-, eh?"

The blue sky and the orange sun, in an instant, I suddenly saw them.

Eh, why am I facing the sky? Why can't I feel my body? And why do I feel pain spiritually? Was I verbally assaulted?

That's the moment I knew, I was attacked.

I tried to catch the momentum by doing some acrobatics trying to land on the ground but the butler guy suddenly appeared right in front of me and was about to use a spell menacingly.

Shit, shit, shit. No choice then.

[Aura]

I released all of my aura at an exceedingly low range making them so dense that it made some kind of colour. It was the colour red.

He seems to have noticed this and immediately retreated cancelling all of his spells in an instant as if nothing happened. What a monster.

Thankfully, I did land almost perfectly but the damage was done. 

My pain receptors went back and the pain in my jaw suddenly erupted. Tis but a scratch, I could always heal it.

"You're good," said the butler. 

"Thanks for the compliment!" I need it you know?

"You're also a very strong undead."

"Eh?"

What did he mean by that? Did he find out? How?

"What do you mean by that?" I tried to play it off cool but it seems that he isn't buying it.

"Well," Fidus said as he began his long-ass explanation. "First off, you were affected by my attacks more than they usually do. That's because they have holy mana imbued with them. The only races that have a weakness with holy mana are the undead and the devils. Since you can use aura so effectively like earlier, undead is the only option left."

"That's easily debunkable, if that's the case then I should've died in your first attack. Also, aura is universal. Everyone can have it," I tried to retort but he seems to have already figured out everything.

"Well, that could only mean two things. 1, you could be a strong mage capable of withstanding my attacks or 2, you are not a fully-fledged undead making holy mana less effective while also having a strong aura."

"Undeads don't use magic right? Unless they are a lich, no undead can use magic," I don't know if my poker face is still holding on but it didn't, I'm probably looking like an idiot right now.

"That is usually true for normal people. They are just ignorant about information, vampires are strong mages," Fidus said as he points at me with absolute authority. "Since you don't have any fangs, that probably eliminate the possibility of you being a vampire, unless, of course, you are only a half."

I can't believe this man. And all while he's talking I can't really do much. He's an absolute monster, maybe a bit scarier than that God. One part that I cannot tolerate though...

"Please... Don't call me a vampire!"

I dashed towards him at maximum speed ultimately removing all of my patience from this man.

"Darkness: black hole!!!" "Light: fallen down."

A strange ray of light suddenly emerges from above falling down from the sky as if the atmosphere is dropping.

"Tenant: Absolute time!!!" 

Time reverses as his spell is cancelled. My tenant's powers are like this. Controlling time at its very core.

"Interesting," said this guy. He's still being carefree.

I forced my arm towards his defences and aim at his face. 

"Die!"

A huge explosion emerges and a huge smoke screen blocked my view. 

My spell hit him, I'm sure of this. The only thing that I'm worried about is if it damaged him or not.

"Magnet: repulsion."

A sudden force hit me in my chest creating a gigantic shockwave. The impact was so strong that it probably damaged most of my insides. He's still fucking alive.

He didn't even let me rest up as he continues to rain down attacks just by using his spell over and over again.

His attacks look like air to the naked eye. It also produces powerful shockwaves that can destroy one specific area. The power of it isn't something to laugh about either.

"You're very good. You went from not reacting to my first attack to barely blocking my attacks now. Your body has insane adaptability. As expected from a vampire. Please do more."

"You know... I would appreciate it if you don't call me a VAMPIRE!!!" I shouted which ultimately made me lose my composure.

"An opening. Magnet: repulsion!"

A strong magnetic force from his fist suddenly hit my stomach. It was so strong that it made a hole through it.

"Enhancement... Touch," I chanted barely.

"Not yet!" This old man said as he continues to punch me again and again till he did a roundhouse kick creating a powerful explosion and blowing me up to the other side of the town.

The impacts were strong. I barely even remember the attacks afterwards. It was the second-worst beating I have ever got and it's resurfacing some bad memories I had.

"Please, don't kill us!!!"

The house that I landed in was just a normal house. 

Inside it was a mother and a son pair crying and begging for life. Normally, I don't kill innocents randomly but this time it will be different.

"Fidus!!!" I shouted desperately to the point that it probably was heard by the whole town. " You're so adamant about me being a vampire right?!! I'll grant your wish then. I'll be a fucking VAMPIRE!!! Blood manipulation: zone!"

A huge spherical zone with me in the centre appeared creating a massive influx of mana supply resulting in destruction only.

It also affected every single living being inside the zone draining their mana until they died. Thankfully, I can control this magic even after all of these millennials but the way it works still disgusts me to this day.

Still not enough. More... More...

"Blood manipulation: Zone 500 meters!!!"

Power... More power...

"1000... 2000... 3000 meters!!! COLLAPSE!!!"

As soon as I said that, everything turned into ashes. The survivors died instantly gaining their mana. This doesn't even bother me one bit though.

You all served your purpose in life. For that, I have to thank you.

Every human outside the 3000-meter mark panicked and ran away aimlessly. Compared to the size of this town, the area I affected was only small.

"Your talent is big. Maybe even bigger than young miss. The only thing that is missing is your efficiency," the old man said after he suddenly appeared right before me.

"Are you talking about the girl that I killed earlier? If that's what you're talking about then I'm afraid to say that she's already dead," I announced while smirking. After activating my spell, my mood suddenly calm down and went back to my usual self.

I expected a reaction but he's still stoic as ever. Maybe even this level of news doesn't bother him anymore.

"I'm not worried about young miss. Knowing her abilities, I'm sure that she survived. You could be a great tool to heighten young miss' potential after all."

"I'm at the level of a tool now huh? Somehow it isn't even insulting coming from you. By the way, why didn't you save the lives of the humans?" I asked curiously while also preparing for a spell. It's a common tactic I suppose.

"Well, that's because I wanted to see your full power."

"Even if it means that lives will be taken?" I furrowed my eyes.

"Yes. You see, we, or maybe I view humans as an overall species rather than the small quantities of them. A town like this could always be rebuilt again in a span of a decade. The human population is about 13 billion which is the largest race in Septem. Losing a town or two doesn't affect its overall function. It's just another town right?"

That's... Interesting. Now I'm wondering who's crazier than who. This whole conversation was fruitful but the mission will fail. With this amount of destruction, my target could simply just walk away like it's nothing. 

"So... Are you ready with your spell?" He asked which didn't surprise me at all. 

"Yeah, thank you for waiting," I got up from my ragged position and got ready for a spell. The spell that can help me escape this situation.

"Tenant: absolute time: Primordial clock."

1