Chapter 2: a new life
91 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pov- Lapiz

It seems that... I was reincarnated.

The world was called Septem.

I... Started as a baby in a commoner (?) House. The memories I had was vague and almost none existent. Though being a baby made me new experiences such as being fed by my mother, wearing a diaper, having short limbs, uncontrollable emotions etc.

It was... Kinda fun but I would rather not do it again. 

I was 9 months old when I started to make words, 1-year-old to start forming sentences and 3 years old when I started reading.

We... also had a last name which was unexpected because commoners in this world only have their first names. Us having a last name despite being commoners was intriguing in the least. 

I once asked my mother why we had a last name and which she just replied with a bitter smile.

My... Father is working at the adventurers guild while my mother only stays at home. 

This world also has some kind of magic. I read a few novels with magic in them in my past life so I adapted fairly quickly. 

Though I have to admit... I am fairly interested in this so-called magic. It can perform feats that weren't possible in my old world such as conjuring fire, creating water, and creating walls that can easily build a house.

If we had this kind of technology in our old world then surely we would've advanced even faster. What I didn't expect was the level of technology on this planet. It was at most medieval period with a little bit of weirdly advanced tech here and there.

There were also other races such as demons, angels, elves, undeads, dwarfs, werebeast, and humans. I learnt these races because my mother always tells me bedtime stories in our little library.

There was the last one called devils but they don't have that much intelligence and are considered an enemy of the world.

I turned 6 and started to learn magic from my mother. It was a smooth sail but I would rather quickly lose interest if we did the same thing over and over again. 

The magic elements I learned were water, flame, and wind. Usually, I give up learning if I already knew the basics. Magic simply doesn't have that property, everything is basic.

One day, when I was 8, my hair suddenly glow and made an aura similar to death. My mother was shocked at that time and her only advice to me was...

"Don't use that magic again, Restrain yourself."

After those words from my mother, she never taught me magic again. My father was a bit against my mother's decision but she didn't budge.

With nothing else to do, I just roamed around the village. I always was able to come back in the afternoon so my mother allowed it.

Never did I expect that I would get kidnapped by bandits.

It was a rough afternoon. I made sure I didn't get out of the village's fences but to think that the bandits manage to get in and kidnap me was unexpected.

"Mark, Mark! Look what I got," said my perpetrator excitedly while he was carrying me on his back.

"If this thing wastes my time I'll fucking kill you," someone said with a rough tone of voice.

"Yeah yeah, just look at this kid. She's a magic user, at such a young age she is a magic user!"

"So fucking what? Nobles tend to do those things. This is nothing new."

"Yeah, but she is a unique magic user. She also may have a tenant you know?!!" 

This made the other guy curious. Unique magic is a type of magic that isn't one of the elements while tenant is a technique only one person can do in one era.

The main elements are earth, wind, flame, and water. Secondary elements are blizzard, lava, sun, light, dark etc. Unique elements on the other hand are unique to one person only. Maybe they have mistaken me for a unique element user.

"Make her sleep. We'll sell her to those nobles." He said after observing me.

"Yeah, boss. Life magic: sleep" 

I started to lose consciousness after he said those words.

The next thing I knew, I was in some kind of prison. 

I looked around that day and just saw slaves and werebeasts. It also seemed like this was an underground prison and I was turned into a slave.

Days have passed and they only feed me when necessary. I wasn't able to make friends here but at least I still haven't been sold off yet.

With nothing else to do, I tried to do what was made forbidden by my mother. 

I trained my magic. With no guidance, I was a bit lost on what to do but I still manage to improve bit by bit.

Months passed and my new magic began to form. It seems that it is secondary magic called enhancement. It lets me enhance my senses, body, and mentality in exchange for mana. I still haven't used that magic, my mother, forbade me to.

Years have passed and I am now 11 years old. I encountered a wall in my magic training which frustrated me a little bit.

I also realised that training magic wasn't as stale as before. Maybe that's because I'm technically trying something new such as discovering my own powers. Though I expect myself to quit after I fully understand my magic.

The prison also seems to be quite loud around this time. I wonder what happened?

"Enhancement: Hearing"

My hearing then expanded to the point that I can hear even outside and describe it in detail. 

"Sh...it, wer... Do...m"

I heard something. I focused my power on that direction hearing the whole conversation.

"A calamity class devil?" Someone with a raspy voice said.

"Yeah, it was gigantic, even more so than a dragon." Said a female voice.

"And you said that it will go straight towards here?"

"Yeah, if you and your boys want to run then this is the perfect opportunity."

"Where did ya got the info?" Someone with an old voice said with a tone of anger and confusion.

"From the underground information guild. The prize was hefty but I think it's worth it."

After she said that, a short silence descended as if they are thinking about what to do.

"Abandon the slaves, we should make a run for it," said the raspy voice earlier.

"Are ya crazy!!! Those things were my life savings! We're missing big money here!"

"Then go save your things then. There is no way to transport that many slaves while also running without getting caught. I'm getting out of here."

The raspy guy said as silence descended again but this time, it was permanent.

Calamity devil? This is going to be difficult.

There are many ranks of devils and calamity devils are simply something that cannot be stopped like a calamity. Only Gods and kings' level people can compete with it.

With me accepting my fate, I began to just study magic again. I hope death wouldn't become stale too.

Days have passed since the news. It was a relatively normal prison day until I felt an earthquake.

"I guess it's time. Enhancement: Aura"

Auras are a type of system that is mildly different from magic.

It focuses on one's mental power in exchange for a dense or thin presence. If my presence is dense then I can sometimes make my enemy suffocate from pressure while thinning my presence makes me less detectable.

I enhanced my aura so that I can make my presence even thinner hoping that the devil doesn't notice me.

I did this procedure for about 2 days straight while hearing battles above ground and when it was finally over, I went out of the prison.

What greeted me was a devastated land, once an empire, crumbled within days. 

The monster who started it all was now walking to the south as it slowly disappear from my eyes.

I still use my magic so that I can hide and eat. There were still some lower-rank devils roaming around so it's best to not let my guard down.

This probably continued for at least 3 days until someone cast a spell that wiped out the devils around me.

He went to my location and asked me questions.

He wears a green cloak, black leather pants, and a white shirt with some kind of ornaments here and there. His eyes are of the colour red and his hair was the colour brown. The most important thing to note about him is his power.

His stronger than that devil. He is also holding back quite a lot of it maybe because I am around him. Maybe learning magic from him is not bad at all.

I asked him to teach me magic and when he was about to respond, the devil went back full of nervousness(?) And helplessness(?)

2