Chapter 1: the day I died./ the day i found a kid.
148 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why is the world so... Repetitive?

People just eat, work, sleep, eat, work, sleep, eat, work, sleep and it all just continues.

It's repetitive. 

The masses, the animals, the events, emotions, and morals. It's all repetitive.

I wish something would happen.

The only times that I experience something great are when I try something for the first time.

After that experience, it will never be the same way again because it's all... Repetitive.

So noisy.

The people around me, chatted about their daily lives as if they were interesting. 

Best to ignore them.

The traffic light switched to red indicating that its a go.

Many people walked across the road, and one of them was me. I already concluded that this would also be a normal and repetitive day. Until this accident happen.

Why am I suddenly staring at the sky?

I changed perspective. It was a cloudy sky, raining from the heavens. It was a beautiful but stale sight.

I tried to move my arms and legs but to no avail. Just what is happening? 

Then, it hit me. 

Blood dripped from my forehead down to my eye. It seems that I am dying.

People around me gathered for some unknown reason. It seems that something serious happened to me.

Memories flashed through my eyes as it finds a way to make me survive. I only had a normal childhood and a normal household so I doubt it could find an answer.

It also seems that I am also losing consciousness. Why do I feel so... Calm though? Why do I feel so... Happy?

I guess dying first-hand will make me calm and... Content? It's a weird feeling, it wasn't great nor bad. I was just... Waiting for something to happen.

I closed my eyes accepting my fate.

That was the day I died from an unknown cause.

________________________________________________

Pov-???

"You think you can survive this many?!!" A random devil asked me.

"Shut up, Wind: procella!"

I chanted as a big tornado suddenly appeared from the heavens slowly pushing itself down to these devils destroying the remains of a kingdom.

I am one of the seven gods, the administrator of the humans. Today I felt something enormous suddenly appearing here. It was the devil of all things.

Devils are a race that is a parasites to worlds. These creatures are a pain to deal with simply because of the sheer number of lower-ranked devils.

Higher-rank devils rarely appear on this land and are a calamity-level threat. Though, this calamity treat I was talking about just passed around here.

"I was a bit too late."

The damage was done. A whole empire just crumbled right in front of my eyes. My duty was to deflect the attack of the higher-rank devils but to think one of them escaped my eyes was just unbelievable.

"The deaths are approximately 200 million. This is a big loss."

I then went around trying to find survivors. Sometimes there are survivors but the chances are very minimal. This was the most I can do at the moment.

"Flame: calidum quaerere."

The spell that I used was a search spell. It lets me feel the approximate heat of a certain place. It's a great spell to use in these kinds of situations.

"A survivor? That's rare."

I ran through the rubble and found a little girl with white hair dressed like a slave. Her eyes hold no emotions whatsoever as if she is just a puppet from a higher being. She also has black eyes that resemble a certain void.

Did she survive that whole attack?

"You, what's your name little girl," I asked her. She doesn't have any noticeable wounds and only has ragged clothing so asking her this should be fine for her.

"Lapis... Lapis Lazuli."

A last name. Is she a noble? I never heard of a family name called Lazuli though.

"Can you tell me what happened here?" It may be a messed-up thing to ask such things of a kid but the situation is dire right now. I have to find that devil.

"A... devil attacked the palace... destroyed the whole empire... went to the south," she said apathetically

"I see."

Nodding was the only thing I was able to do. I do not know how to handle these kinds of kids if I'm being honest.

South huh? The devil went to the ocean? Maybe it sensed me coming here. I also can't sense that devil anymore so I guess it's no use.

"Do you have any places to go to?" I asked. 

"No... I do not."

I just nodded as I tried to go to the south but someone or something grabbed my shoes making me stop for a moment.

"What are you doing?" I asked the little kid.

"Take me... With you."

"You know I have a job to do right?"

"Teach... Me magic," she said the expression of a determined kid but apathetic eyes.

"No, I simply cann-" before I can speak any further, a huge spike of aura suddenly emerges from the south.

I began my stance and faced the south. Though after seeing this guy's size I faltered a bit.

Why? Because it was the calamity-level devil, a turtle type with a size of a mountain to be exact.

chapter schedule is 1 per 4 days to 1 per week depending on the circumstances

2