New Beginnings
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*CRASH!* *SMASH!* The sounds of the hard waves being broken along the jagged coast, spraying cold salt water in all directions. Again the sounds of the waves hitting the side of the mountain, *CRASH!*. The sounds of birds over head sound like high pitched screeches, but in a way is soothing. Eventually all soothing things come to an end, feeling a sharp cold breeze almost as if a cold blade sliced into hot lava, a voice came into audible range. “Wake up young maiden, it’s not safe to be sleeping in war. WAKE UP!”.  

Darkness, nothing, again who was that voice? Again a sharp cold breeze mixed with cold saltwater rises and gives a last ditch effort into waking the body. *SPLASH!* “AHH!, I’m up, I’m up voice, I’m up. Now what, did you want… me.. to do. Wait! Where am I?!” “Hold on me, here is a more important question who am I? Now that I question it I don’t seem to have a card on me or any kind of name tag. I wonder what I look like?” *Standing up and stretching, the confused woman walks around looking for some body of water.* “Well at least I have some clothes, whatever they are, they feel nice like wool, or cotton.” “Jeez this view is amazing its like the ocean goes on for miles!”

As the woman walks forward admiring the stunning views of the island, she finally comes across a small pond with fish and Lilly pads. There also appeared to be a forest that has come into view “Hmmm, so that’s what I look like? I thought I sounded a little more middle aged. Ha, oh well I guess I got to live with what I got!” oh and these cloths!, or should I say robes, brown hair, blue eyes? Ok I can work with this.” “Well I guess I should try to find where everyone is, if there is even anyone out there.” As she walks towards the forest opening there was a rustle as if someone was walking though the bushes. *RUSTLE, RUSTLE* “Huh?” *RUSTLE, RUSTLE* “Who’s there? Hello, please if anyone is out there, just know I’m friendly” The rustling stopped and the Woman walked towards the bush. “Okay I…. I’m just gonna move this out of the way.” Cautiously she moved the bush to the side revealing…… “Nothing? Huh I guess it was my imagination, oh well safer I guess but I should probably get moving before it gets dark.”

            The time of day starts to get darker and colder, but still has some warm sun. “Oh man, it’s getting late. My feet hurt I’m hungry and thirsty, but also not to mention extremely tired!” The woman goes to find some sort of cover like a tree or small cave, anything. After searching for a bit she finds a small cave in a wall. “It’s not luxury but it will do at least till morning. Okay well I guess I should rest my eyes for a bit.” She closes her eyes and goes into a deep slumber, just like last time, a beautiful voice was heard in her dream. But she had something different to say this time.

 A sharp breeze strikes the woman in her sleep and the voice resonates within her head. “Young Maiden heed my call.” “Well since I’m conscious before I slept so I can answer you now, can you understand what I’m saying?” “Yes young one I am sure you have many questions right now and all will be answered in due time but I have something very important to say.” “The future is dark and there are many dangers on the road ahead, please head towards the village of stepstone they need you!” “ So there are more people out here? That’s great where do I have to go to get to said village, mis…?, I’m sorry who are you exactly?” “The village is straight through the forest, there are guards outside of the forest who will help you. And my name is Myra The Goddess of Time and Protection I have chosen you as my champion.”

CHAMPION!?”

            With a gasp for air she wakes up to a screeching howl. *HOWWWWWWWWL* “What was that? It sounded like a dog mixed with a bear and a tiger.” *RUSTLE,RUSTLE* “Whatever it is, it’s getting closer I have to find a place to hide.” *Looking around she finds nothing but a long branch with a few green leaves at the end, and backs up towards the hole in the wall.* “Well I’m cornered with a branch, shit, I’m so screwed!” Just then the howling stopped and out from the brush jumps a wild animal. (It looked like maybe a wolf? No to small, maybe a fox? No foxes are smaller and red. Maybe it’s something else?) Before she could finish her thought, the blondish small animal pounced and bit her arm. “AHHH MY ARM!” She Screamed at the top of her longs in pain yelling to the animal, “Let me go!” once more she yelled “I SAID LET ME GO!”

Using her free arm which was holding the branch, she hit the animal over the head and in return, the creature ripped off her arm sleeve, leaving a puncture wound which bleed at a slow rate. The animal ran off into the forest with her arm sleeve. In shock, she fell over and held the branch close. “Please anyone help.” She cried out but got no answer in response. “Please.” Falling asleep due to the blood loss with tears in her eyes she cried out a smart remark. She called out to the animal. “Is that the best you could do!” right after that she passed out.

Time seems to have changed but not by much. “Hey ma’am wake up please. Awe man you don’t look so good here I cant heal you but I can slow the bleeding down.” “Huh? Who is that? OW! Hey what are you doing that hurt! Uh,” “Oh I’m sorry it’s just, seeing a wounded creature as pretty as you hurt made me feel sad so, I thought, I could…. Are you okay?” “What, who, wait, just what are you! Wait did you heal my arm?” “Well no I didn’t actually heal your arm I don’t have that ability, I only slowed down the bleeding that bite might have hit a major vein leading to an artery, Oh also my name is Wisp a forest sprite.” “ Huh makes sense well just point me in the direction of the village that would be great.” “No can do I was sent by the goddess of protection to watch over you so I will  be leading you by your side from now on.” (Oh so it wasn’t fake, which means I didn’t go crazy),

“Okay Wisp if you keep me from bleeding out and keep me company I will allow it.” “Ma’am no matter what you say even if you kick me away I can’t leave you, Goddess’s orders!” “Fine, come on then I have to get to the village, and thanks for slowing the bleeding.” “Okay!” “Right after a quick nap” “Watch your arm!” The two feel asleep, Wisp in the woman’s left arm sleeve and the woman’s back to a tree. As the night ended so too did the bleeding but it still left an open bite wound that needed to be healed. “The journey has just began and already seems like its going to be one hell of a trip”

2