A Wandering Soul
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wisp and Kalisia both turned towards Zero who looked like a helpless animal, something wasn’t sitting right with Zero and forest they both thought. Wisp began again to try and read the quest so they could get started, but was interrupted by Kali’s kindness. “Hey whatever happened in the forest, is over and in the past nothing that was in the past can hurt you now, so lets get this quest over with so we can get back sound good?” Zero looked up and nodded, and so the three went off to the forest to complete the quest. However the air seemed cold when they left the front gate, almost like a chill throughout there bones. But is abruptly stopped so they paid no mind to it.

They walked for around an hour before hitting the edge of the lush green forest. “Well the quest said the flowers would be about a mile in and the bido plants are a mile and half in so lets get moving.” “OH GOD NO! A mile! And even more for a few plants!” “I’m gonna be so bored.” They entered the forest and walked, and walked, and walked for what seemed like hours. Until they reached  the flowers that is. The three split up in order to gather more efficiently, Zero thinking if this was the time crawled on all fours over to Kali. “Hey Kali can I talk to you for a second?” “Sure what’s up?”

 “Well I just wanted to thank you for everything you and Wisp have done for me, usually I would have been left alone and might actually be in jail right now. But because of you I’m here and actually doing something.” “It’s no big deal!” Kali shaking her hands out of the pure innocence of her heart. “Really I wanted to help you, you seemed like you need it.” Zero looked at Kali with glowing eyes, (Soon I’ll tell her, soon.) Then both Kali and Zero went pack to gathering. An hour or so pass by, the three group back up and start to head deeper into the forest. “Wait! *sniff sniff* I smell something.” “What is it captain obvious? Could it be the Bido plants we were sent to collect?” “No not that……but I do smell that sweet plant as well. Whatever, i must have confused two smells. Lets keep going.”

After a few hours they found the plants, however they were in what appeared to be a small rock formation. “OHHH Master please let me go I got this please please?????” “Ugh I told you to not call me that, sure go up ahead we are right behind you.” “YES!” Zero sprinted ahead towards the plants. “She seems rather enthusiastic Wisp.” “Correct Ma’am something seems a little off with her aura as well.” “Strange but this is how shes been acting so im sure everything is all righ..”

*SMASH* *SMASH* “HEY LET GO OF ME YOU LITTLE ROCK!” Kali and Wisp nodded and ran forward to be meet with a hostile rock golem around 3 meters tall. And in it’s hand was Zero, the golem threw Zero at the two and Kali caught her. “What the hell kind of collecting mission did you pick up Wisp! I almost died!” “Well almost is a stretch here I can patch that up.” Kali healed zeros small cuts and bruises, “Well looks like we aren’t leaving without a fight.” “Why can’t we just run?!” Zero exclaimed while she was healed up by Kali. “Seriously I can run ahead I am technically an animal.” “Relax you two, lets deal with this rock before we do anything else, okay. Zero what’s your fighting strategy?” “This!”

Zero bends down to the ground in a sprint form, reaching back she opened her magic gate and pulled out a, what appeared to be a shuriken but had something else attached. Zero sprinted forward leaving a gust of wind behind her, her eyes and ears where pointed right onto the golem’s legs. (I got this, I got this, take out its legs immobilize it then….then split it in half.) “Zero!” Kali Yelled out for her to come back but Zero couldn’t hear her, not like if she did she would with her mindset. Getting closer the Golem seemed to be charging itself with a red aura, “Huh? Not fighting back, that makes my life a whole lot easier. TAAAAKE THIS!” Zero slide and sliced a leg of the golem clean off leaving it with only a single leg. “I can’t watch this Ma’am please do something before she hurts herself.”

 “Hold on Wisp I trust her, she seemed pretty confident after all.” Smiling and giving a thumbs up Zero’s eyes widened with joy, throwing back a peace sign at Kali, Zero turned back to the one legged golem and proceeded to gain speed and slice the other leg off *SLICE* *CRASH* The second leg came off and the golem fell to the ground with a loud thud. “Now its time to finish it off with a slice to the dome! HAHA I always loved this part.” Zero jumped into the air almost 5 meters! While falling she pressed some on her shuriken, splitting the blades up from 3 blades to a single giant blade she came down with full force. Kali and Wisp both noticed something strange about the golem, “Wait how can it be moving itself? Unless?” She closed her eyes to brace for impact.

 *TINK* “Huh?” She opened her eyes and was faced with what appeared to be a red aura. Looking down she saw the golem fully formed and glowing red. “I…impossible. Golems don’t regenerate….they don’t, don’t they?” The golem grabbed Zero, fully grasping her entire body, “AGHH” *CRUSH* “AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!” A blood curdling scream was shouted throughout the entire forest. Wisp and Kali both cried out “ZERO!” “ZERO!” The golem in one swift motion crushed Zero’s body and threw her into a tree and leaving a large thud on the ground. “Ma’am get zero out of here!” “What makes you think you can take on that when it just killed Zero!” “It’s alright she’s not dead. Well at least not yet. Get her out of here, use some healing magic and get her to town, I’ll catch up after I handle this. After all there are two things I hate the most, one, when someone underestimates a sprite and two when I see another spirit get injured gravely in front of me.”

Wisp’s aura turned from a bright green to a devilish black and red. While in reality she cant defeat the golem, she can at least slow it down so kali can get Zero to safety before porting over to kali. “No one hurts a friend of mine and gets away with it! Not even mere rocks like you!” Using what little power she had, Wisp stalled the golem while Kali carried Zero away.

Gasping for a break and exhausted Kali slowly lowers Zero into a densely covered area and kneels down on her side. “This seems far enough and is in the forest the golem is way to big to fit in the trees.” *cough, cough* “Zero! Oh my god, your still breathing!” Kali began using medium leveled healing magic to tend to the outer wounds and chest area so zero could breath. “Hang in there Zero please I promise you’ll make it. Just a little longer.” “Mmm…” “Yes I’m here, I’m here your not gonna be alone anymore I promise.” Tears from Kali’s eyes fell onto Zero. With what little strength her crushed body could give Zero lifted her hand and spoke softly. “I….I’m sorry….I rushed and got killed haha……..master…no kali…I’m so…..stupid.” “No it was my fault for not staying with you, I let you run ahead when we should have stuck together. I should be the one saying sorry.” “Ha….ha… you…your so nice. To nice.” With that Zeros eyes shut and her head tilted to the side. “Zero? Zero, Zero come on, wake up. ZERO!”

*Hmmmmmm* “Ma’am I did my best the golem shouldn’t follow- oh no.” Wisp appeared throw a small magic gate after staling the golem. “I, I’m so sorry Ma’am.” “She’s gone, and it’s all my fault Wisp. I’ve failed as a friend and I failed our promise of staying together forever. How could I?” “I, I’m sorry.” “What do I do?” Tears in her eyes Wisp turned to ask Myra if she could be of any help. (Lady Myra Goddess of Time and Protection, creator of my life please give me sight.) (Yes my little sprite how may I help you? Oh Wisp how lovely. What do you need?) (Lady Myra please help Kali your champion with her companion who was taken from the world too soon. Please.) (Taken from the world too soon? What may I ask who this companion was?) (Her name was, I mean, still is Zero she is of the Elate race.) (An elate girl? One of Entwine’s? Reviving an Elate is a difficult task as you know their curse.)

(Yes an elate is most at peace and comfort when they are dead, their spirits which is the animal they convey, is freed and can enjoy life at last. However for elates a dishonorable death means their souls are sent to the void never to be freed again. They live for battle and justice at the cost of freedom.) (Yes Reviving an elate so far back from death would be near impossible, but for an elate to be revived just after death would be simple.) (Then please help Zero out as a fellow spirit her untimely death makes me feel devastated, please!) The mind went blank and Wisp was left alone. “Lady Myra where did you go!” A cold sharp breeze struck Wisp Kali and finally the cold body of Zero. “Wha” Kali looked up and saw Lady Myra Holding Zero in her hands, “Kali I have three things for you to accomplish on your journey for me. You must abide to these three things UNDERSTAND?”

Out of shock Kali looked up to Myra holding Zero in her arms, she replied “Yes I understand what is it you ask of me to follow?” “One, you will kill Veksis Gan, Two you will destroy the dark force army, Three you will protect Zero, I say that because I can not be there next time, reviving an elate is nearly impossible since once they die an honorable death their souls are freed from their bodies curse. Do you know how near impossible it is to be resurrected when you much rather be dead?” “Next time she dies it’s forever! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!” “Yes Lady Myra!”

 Tears in her eyes Kali cried upward and feel to her knees in defeat of emotions. Myra imbued Zero with the light of a god and was softly put down into Kali’s arms. “Take care my Champion, I will not be so soft next time one of you dies.” Myra then vanished. *Cough* “Huh?” *cough cough* “K…Kali?” “ZERO! YOUR ALIVE!” “Uh what happened, wait……why am I in your arms? Again?” Kali hugged Zero tightly exclaiming to Zero “I will never let you go again, I promise.” Zero still having some memory of what happened teared up and cried into Kali’s shoulder, also pushing away and looked at Kali. “Kali I haven’t been entirely truthful to you.” “What do you mean?” “Well I wanted to tell you after the quest but um I guess this is as perfect time as ever.” “Whatever it is you can tell me I won’t be mad at you.” “You promise?” “Yes” Looking back Zero opened her magic gate and pulled out the small cloth with the rip at the end. “What’s that? A piece of ripped cloth?” “No, this was from you, I…. I ripped it off of you back on the Island.

“What? That’s not anything I would own let alone have. I haven’t even meet you up until a couple of days ago in the market remember?” “Well it’s kind of a long story, but I would like to go back to town please.” “Yes anything for a girl who tasted death and came back” exclaimed Wisp, “Welcome back next time don’t die so easily, otherwise your soul won’t be set free, kay?” “Ha, there won’t be a next time Wisp because I plan to stay by Kali’s side all the way to the end!” “Well Zero I think for you surviving death earns not just us but especially for you. I know it’s kind of all of a sudden but, I will allow you to call me whatever you want however there will be some limitation that we can discuss over food and rest.”

 Zero looked up at Kali with the look of pleasure, she pounced onto kali and hugged her with all her might. Then the three got up and walked back to town without even remembering what the quest they were doing was.

0