Memories in White, FINALE!
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a lovely day... The two of us, dressed in white, lace veil covering my face... we said our vows, in a world that finally accepted our love. A world where, in exchange for strange physical alterations even Cancer was curable... I cant believe I was once upset over some spoiled little girl calling me a boy... now, the memories make me laugh. Shes gone ahead of me now.  Three years ago. Advances in technology gave us children, Lucas and Victoria, though Lucas calls himself Lucina now... sorry, Herself. They were here, earlier... I know they arent far away, even now... I feel it coming, the end... it wont be long now. I feel something brush my cheek... And i see her, my beloved standing there...

"Gimme your hand, my love... it's time to go."

I smile... "heh... Its... about... time... do... you... know... how... late... you... are?"

"Sorry babe. Got caught up in traffic. But I'm here now. Let's go. Together forever, right?"

"Naturally... only..."

"They'll be fine, sweetheart... its time to go. Theres a place for everyone, and a time for all things under the sun. And for us that time is over... but for them? It's only just begun."

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath... and with my final exhale, took my beloved by the hand... we faded, together, in a bright light...

In a small room, two women start crying as an EKG machine flatlines... they see their mothers face relaxed, a smile on her lips... she lived a long happy life, despite its hardships, and they both knew it was her time... and soon, two weeks had passed.

She was buried beneath an oak tree, beside their other mother. The ceremony was somber, yet beautiful. That was last week. The women were visiting again, to clean the headstones... and they saw a dark skinned old woman standing at their graves. She placed two red Roses, one per grave, and knelt. They heard her, as they approached.

"I never got to say it before... but I'm sorry. I was a horrible little bitch... I hurt you with my words and actions... I just wanted to apologize... even if it's too late."

The lady stood, and walked away... but saw them approaching. As she passed, she whispered to herself... "Such beautiful daughters... Truly, I am sorry but... At least you found happiness."

They turned, to ask the old lady who she was... but she was gone. On the headstones, the long-stemmed Roses were dessicated, as if they had aged by years in the span of a few seconds. If the girls had looked at the nearby headstones, they'd have noticed a name from the stories of their mothers mutual pasts... a grave covered in wilted red Roses. 

FIN!

[Authors note]

This series was experimental, at first... but it blossomed into a series of glimpses into various lives... I hope you enjoyed the ride, because I sure did. A bit melancholy, there at the end, but sometimes the best endings are. If you have comments, make them. If you liked it, give me a review or something, let me know. Given my recent technical difficulties, I'm glad I was able to get this one done... until next time, friends. Until next time. For surely there is a time for all things.

Did you enjoy the ride?
  • Yes Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can you repeat the question Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like eggs! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hehe, good one, grim! Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
1